Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

loudliyah

Is Katy perry officially over?

On 10/28/2019 at 7:36 PM, Vesper said:

She didnt do any promo did she? If she released HiH song first, did performances, interviews, late night shows, then music video drop, etc. like a single should get, she would def get higher positions than shes showing now. I honestly don’t think the GP is checking for her anymore so she needs to push the promo to get back in the spotlight imo.

I honestly think ur delusional about Katy the same way you’ve been delusional about Britney for the last 10 years. No amount of promo, money, or publicity will fix this honey. That’s the downside of being a teeny bobber act who released music with no substance and has no talent. The ships sailed hunty. People graduated high school and community college (cuz they too dumb to get into real colleges just based off who they stan). It’s over cuz the phat lady sang and her name begins with an X. nat2 

yes. it was nice while it lasted, bye.

she REALLY should have slowed down after Teenage Dream and maybe work on that Joni Mitchell inspired record she was talking about, release it in 2015 or something and then maybe return to the music she's doing today as i'm pretty sure she'd be more than welcome by the masses; her last three singles vary from great (NRO) to atrocious (Small Talk) but that's always been the case with her singles anyway.

instead she released the Kidz Bop cover album known as Prism immediately after the TD re-release and yes she got a few hits inevitably but everyone grew tired of her schtick. the moment she stepped out of her comfort zone the direction was wrong with Witmess and its half wokeness so now whatever she does and she'll do her coffin is sealed and 5 feet under. another one in the casket.

On 10/28/2019 at 7:44 PM, Kenya said:

She barely promoted it and it was never released to radio, so I wouldn’t be inclined to judge her future on the success of HIH. 

But it’s being played on the radio though

On 10/28/2019 at 8:47 PM, Kenya said:

Fashion isn’t always about wearability ny12 she’s not designing shoes for vans or converse ny12 her shoe business is pretty successful and has won several awards so let’s not discredit her success ny12 

lmao no one cares about these shoes 

7 hours ago, Gabe. said:

yes. it was nice while it lasted, bye.

she REALLY should have slowed down after Teenage Dream and maybe work on that Joni Mitchell inspired record she was talking about, release it in 2015 or something and then maybe return to the music she's doing today as i'm pretty sure she'd be more than welcome by the masses; her last three singles vary from great (NRO) to atrocious (Small Talk) but that's always been the case with her singles anyway.

instead she released the Kidz Bop cover album known as Prism immediately after the TD re-release and yes she got a few hits inevitably but everyone grew tired of her schtick. the moment she stepped out of her comfort zone the direction was wrong with Witmess and its half wokeness so now whatever she does and she'll do her coffin is sealed and 5 feet under. another one in the casket.

dead4 

I don’t think “Witness” was anything different from the standard Katy Perry formula. It was still the silly slapstick stuff she  had been known for, especially songs like “Swish Swish” and “Bona Petite.” But by that point the public thought she was super lame. What ever fanbase she had during TD, they clearly moved on. She was a product of the iTunes era and that’s it. 

8 hours ago, Agugaga said:

I honestly think ur delusional about Katy the same way you’ve been delusional about Britney for the last 10 years. No amount of promo, money, or publicity will fix this honey. That’s the downside of being a teeny bobber act who released music with no substance and has no talent. The ships sailed hunty. People graduated high school and community college (cuz they too dumb to get into real colleges just based off who they stan). It’s over cuz the phat lady sang and her name begins with an X. nat2 

I guess you would know; no matter how much promo, interviews, live performances, or featured artists Xtina does, she still misses the hot 100 completely with her lead singles brit2 

and talking about intelligence based on who you stan? Im so sorry, why would you shade Xtina like that? brit2 

41 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I guess you would know; no matter how much promo, interviews, live performances, or featured artists Xtina does, she still misses the hot 100 completely with her lead singles brit2 

and talking about intelligence based on who you stan? Im so sorry, why would you shade Xtina like that? brit2 

And what promo is that exactly besides 2 televised TV performances? brit8 

And yes absolutely. You have to be dumb as dog shit to pay to watch a drugged up pop star not sing and not dance on stage. So off to your community college you go.oprah14 

2 hours ago, Agugaga said:

dead4 

I don’t think “Witness” was anything different from the standard Katy Perry formula. It was still the silly slapstick stuff she  had been known for, especially songs like “Swish Swish” and “Bona Petite.” But by that point the public thought she was super lame. What ever fanbase she had during TD, they clearly moved on. She was a product of the iTunes era and that’s it. 

well idk, those two songs you've mentioned are exactly part of what made things go different this time around for her; first they are sonically slightly different from what the GP knew Katy for, second they feature hip-hop artists in what was likely an attempt to boost streams as especially Migos were the IT act in their genre at the time but they alienated Katy's core radio format/audience while at it as both songs TANKED on both urban and pop.

Bon Appetit remains A BOP tho.

10 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

well idk, those two songs you've mentioned are exactly part of what made things go different this time around for her; first they are sonically slightly different from what the GP knew Katy for, second they feature hip-hop artists in what was likely an attempt to boost streams as especially Migos were the IT act in their genre at the time but they alienated Katy's core radio format/audience while at it as both songs TANKED on both urban and pop.

Bon Appetit remains A BOP tho.

She did E.T with Kanye and Dark Horse with Juicy J, so I don’t really see a difference. Bon Appetit felt like a rehash of Birthday and Last Friday Night with the silly music video and party themes, etc. I always thought that the problem was that she DIDN'T switch it up. 

50 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

And yes absolutely. You have to be dumb as dog shit to pay to watch a drugged up pop star not sing and not dance on stage. So off to your community college you go.oprah14 

The irony of a taco bell employee talking to a double ivy grad about college ny2 but girl you do you brit9  

54 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

But back to the promo: you were always the one saying promo promo promo to get that hit, but after two televised performances Falling Charts didnt even impact the top 100, and Katy’s Never Really Over did, so brit9 

Just now, Agugaga said:

If I workEd at Taco Bell, then I would definitely  see u roll through all the time since you are the one known for consuming GRADE F products for 2 decades brit9

Britney’s Metacritic grade is higher than Xtina’s so i guess youre the one rolling through Del Taco instead of Taco Bell brit9 

Just now, Vesper said:

Britney’s Metacritic grade is higher than Xtina’s so i guess youre the one rolling through Del Taco instead of Taco Bell brit9 

I guess “Stripped” is the Checkers of Pop music then since it’s score is a 54. Keep relying on meta critic brit5  

Just now, Agugaga said:

I guess “Stripped” is the Checkers of Pop music then since it’s score is a 54. Keep relying on meta critic brit5  

And with all that talent and etc. Xtina can’t even hit the hot 100 even with two televised performances with Poot. Poor dat brit9 

12 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

She did E.T with Kanye and Dark Horse with Juicy J, so I don’t really see a difference. Bon Appetit felt like a rehash of Birthday and Last Friday Night with the silly music video and party themes, etc. I always thought that the problem was that she DIDN'T switch it up. 

This is how we can confirm that you didn’t even graduate your community college. Bon Apetite was not about “party themes” like Last Friday Night, it had a heavy handed message about society’s consumption of female bodies and sexuality. brit9 girl. 

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

And with all that talent and etc. Xtina can’t even hit the hot 100 even with two televised performances with Poot. Poor dat brit9 

The public loves to consume trash. Hence why you love Grade F products why we we have a Grade F president. brit9 

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

This is how we can confirm that you didn’t even graduate your community college. Bon Apetite was not about “party themes” like Last Friday Night, it had a heavy handed message about society’s consumption of female bodies and sexuality. brit9 girl. 

Nobody cares. With that Wacky music video it was very on brand Katy Perry and that’s that.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.