Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

BreatheeOnKnee

So what defines a pop princess these days?

14 hours ago, Agugaga said:

And what is Sean Mendez on the Royal scale, the Prince of Twinks? nat1 

Once again, you’re bringing in someone who has nothing to do with the conversation because you can’t think of anything better to respond with. 

I’ve never claimed he’s on the royal scale, I’m not as delusional as you are when it comes to artists I stan. 

4 hours ago, Umbreon said:

Britney has a #1 in 3 different decades, fyi. nat1 

In America, Britney is THE Princess of Pop. Kylie may have the title in the UK and Australia but in America, she’s literally almost unknown. aretha1

Kylie didn’t fucking write Toxic, she just passed on it. I guess we can thank Britney for Rihanna becoming a superstar since she passed on Umbrella. And Britney passed on Telephone too, so you’re welcome Lady Gaga. nat1 

oh please Womanizer and Hold It Against Me were meant to be Britney's big comeback and even if they peaked at #1 they got forgotten soon and could not revive Britney's career. aretha1

Britney never really reinvented her image in a successful way after the music industry turned its back on her lbr. On the other hand, Kylie dared to reinvent her sound and image drastically, and she kept on serving pure pop jams for four decades. The fact that she was not able to get noticed in the USA doesn't diminish her success worldwide. Not only she's the most successful artist in Australia, but also in the UK Kylie is much more successful than Britney. Kylie got more #1 and #2 than Britney there and her song Can't Get You Out Of My Head was named the most-played track of the 2000s. Moreover, Kylie and Madonna are the only artists to have had reached the top position of the UK Albums Chart in four consecutive decades, from the 1980s to the 2010. aretha1

Kylie's catalog is not just bigger than Britney's one, but also artistically superior. Britney is remembered for her quick peak and big downfall, while Kylie is one of the most enduring pop icons of all time. nat2

I'm glad that I'm not the only one thinking that Kylie is THE princess btw, check this poll out nat1

https://www.gaytimes.co.uk/culture/104197/princess-of-pop-kylie-britney-miley-gaga-ariana-find-out-results/

31 minutes ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

oh please Womanizer and Hold It Against Me were meant to be Britney's big comeback and even if they peaked at #1 they got forgotten soon and could not revive Britney's career. aretha1

Britney never really reinvented her image in a successful way after the music industry turned its back on her lbr. On the other hand, Kylie dared to reinvent her sound and image drastically, and she kept on serving pure pop jams for four decades. The fact that she was not able to get noticed in the USA doesn't diminish her success worldwide. Not only she's the most successful artist in Australia, but also in the UK Kylie is much more successful than Britney. Kylie got more #1 and #2 than Britney there and her song Can't Get You Out Of My Head was named the most-played track of the 2000s. Moreover, Kylie and Madonna are the only artists to have had reached the top position of the UK Albums Chart in four consecutive decades, from the 1980s to the 2010. aretha1

Kylie's catalog is not just bigger than Britney's one, but also artistically superior. Britney is remembered for her quick peak and big downfall, while Kylie is one of the most enduring pop icons of all time. nat2

I'm glad that I'm not the only one thinking that Kylie is THE princess btw, check this poll out nat1

https://www.gaytimes.co.uk/culture/104197/princess-of-pop-kylie-britney-miley-gaga-ariana-find-out-results/

not when both have more streams ww than kylie has ever gotten and not you thinking kylie has more relevance than britney LMAO you're so delusional, it's hilarious 

Anyways, Britney will always be the princess of pop no matter what middle aged pop forum stans say. But from the new pack of girls, I'd say Ariana. Maybe Taylor but she has never been considered one so idk. Camila tho....... I can't stop laughing 

1 hour ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

Of course it’s a UK link. dead2  Britney is considered the #1 Pop Princess in America, you know, the largest music market in the world, over 4x bigger than UK’s market alone. kylie3 
Kylie is like 20 years older than Britney, so of course her catalog is bigger, silly. Womanizer outstreamed all of Kylie’s entire catalogue so try again. kylie3 

4 hours ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

I think Adele got more WW album sales than Britney. According to you Adele should be the princess then wendy4

Adele isn’t pure pop nat1 She’s an adult contemporary queen nat1 

6 hours ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

WW record sales

Kylie: ~80 million RECORDS over four decades

Britney: Outsold WW in half the time, in number of ALBUMSeve1 

Ok nat2 

11 hours ago, hector said:

not when both have more streams ww than kylie has ever gotten and not you thinking kylie has more relevance than britney LMAO you're so delusional, it's hilarious 

what a dumb point you've just made LMFAO. Both songs were released at the peak of the streaming era honey! On the other hand, Kylie's majority of hits were released when streaming did not exist yet! In this regard Kylie is very similar to Madonna. For instance, those mediocre Britney's songs (Womanizer and Hold It Against Me) outstreamed ANY Madonna song. Now I'm asking you, do you really believe that those Shitney's songs are more relevant than Like a Prayer or Hung Up? Please, honey, stop talking nonsense. If your logic was flawless, than we could happily claim that Ariana is the undisputed princess of pop because she outstreamed Britney by a large amount. nat1

10 hours ago, Umbreon said:

Of course it’s a UK link. dead2  Britney is considered the #1 Pop Princess in America, you know, the largest music market in the world, over 4x bigger than UK’s market alone. kylie3 
Kylie is like 20 years older than Britney, so of course her catalog is bigger, silly. Womanizer outstreamed all of Kylie’s entire catalogue so try again. kylie3 

I agree with you that Britney is the princess in the USA, aka the most important market in the world. However, the USA it is JUST ONE SINGLE MARKET. It is not representative of the entire world, honey. Kylie is more successful than Britney all over the UK, Europe and Australia. Those are MANY COUNTRIES that reflect a more representative sample of the world. The world is made by many different countries and no matter how small a country is, each country reflects an important and unique culture. This means that Kylie better represents the pop culture on a global scale cuz she conquered more countries than Britney. kylie3

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

Adele isn’t pure pop nat1 She’s an adult contemporary queen nat1 

so what? Being pop means to be popular, i.e. to sell a lot. Now, Adele still outsold Britney in HALF THE TIME and with WAY LESS ALBUMS , so according to you she should be more relevant, right? rih3

4 hours ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

so what? Being pop means to be popular, i.e. to sell a lot. Now, Adele still outsold Britney in HALF THE TIME and with WAY LESS ALBUMS , so according to you she should be more relevant, right? rih3

Adele IS more relevant um2 but is she the princess of pop? No nat2 Because she doesn’t make pop music. Like Mariah / Whitney / Celine, they are pop vocalists with very few to practically zero pure “pop” singles, mostly ballads. Different category of artist completely. 

5 hours ago, Lucifer's Angel said:

I agree with you that Britney is the princess in the USA, aka the most important market in the world. However, the USA it is JUST ONE SINGLE MARKET. It is not representative of the entire world, honey. Kylie is more successful than Britney all over the UK, Europe and Australia. Those are MANY COUNTRIES that reflect a more representative sample of the world. The world is made by many different countries and no matter how small a country is, each country reflects an important and unique culture. This means that Kylie better represents the pop culture on a global scale cuz she conquered more countries than Britney. kylie3

She still only has a fraction of WW record sales as Britney, in double the amount of decades eve1 So nope.

On 10/30/2019 at 12:12 PM, Agugaga said:

Poor Britney, being forced to uphold her “princess” title by her ridiculous fanbase, even as she grows old and haggard. She’s like the Jonbennet Ramsey of pop music, frozen in nostalgic times and surrounded by tragedy and deception. brit2 

So then what is xtinct? nicki4 can't even say she's frozen in nostalgic times because no one remembers anything other than Beautiful and Genie. 

22 hours ago, ShutUpRae said:

So then what is xtinct? nicki4 can't even say she's frozen in nostalgic times because no one remembers anything other than Beautiful and Genie. 

So they remember then nicki4

You gays annoy me, just accept that both Kylie and Britney are the princesses, you can have more than 1. 

On 10/31/2019 at 7:08 PM, ShutUpRae said:

Oreo Salesperson... Pillsbury Doughboy... Genie is lowkey forgotten here, Feel this monument was a bigger hit and even it's forgotten. Her only real hits are Beautiful and Dirty. Poor X. Meanwhile brittleknee has huge remembered hits such as BOMT, Oops, I'm A Salve, Toxic, Me Against The Music, Everytime, My Prerogative, Womanizer, Piece Of Me, Gimmie More, Circus, FUCK ME, Hold It Against Me, Work Bitch etc etc i could go on.. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.