Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Daenerys

House Of The Dragon | Game of Thrones Prequel

EIFaIwZUEAAVyVk?format=jpg&name=large

House Of The Dragon, a Game of Thrones prequel is coming to HBO. The series is co-created by GRRM and Ryan Condal.

Miguel Sapochnik will partner with Condal as showrunner and will direct the pilot and additional episodes. Condal will be writing the series.

House Targaryen's reign has just begun!

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

So you've shifted into more full-on excitement for this?

can't even DESCRIBE how excited i am... there is just so much to their story that they can do and it's still connected to GoT in a way since these characters have been talked about. Whereas the other prequel was so disconnected, I just couldn't see myself really caring for them especially since the Starks are the most boring and bland house. 

The series can offer basically what GoT had to offer when it was good with conquering Westeros, amazing battles (especially with Miguel on board), the politics of King's Landing, the relationships between the families. omg I need a premiere date NOW.

have you watched/read game of thrones? you've probably told me, but i have horrible memory afjspoiajsd

4 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

can't even DESCRIBE how excited i am... there is just so much to their story that they can do and it's still connected to GoT in a way since these characters have been talked about. Whereas the other prequel was so disconnected, I just couldn't see myself really caring for them especially since the Starks are the most boring and bland house. 

The series can offer basically what GoT had to offer when it was good with conquering Westeros, amazing battles (especially with Miguel on board), the politics of King's Landing, the relationships between the families. omg I need a premiere date NOW.

have you watched/read game of thrones? you've probably told me, but i have horrible memory afjspoiajsd

Was that other Naomi Watts show about the Starks? I hadn't really kept up on it, but I wasn't sure if they'd confirmed the characters.

Yeah, I've seen the first seven seasons of the show. I intend to watch the eighth when it arrives on Blu-ray, even though quite a bit of it has been spoiled for me nicki5 Not even just on the internet, they refer to the show in that Hobbs & Shaw movie which I saw in theatres. Who knows, maybe that'll mentally prepare me for some of the more controversial plot points.

I think season seven kind of travels on rough waters but other than that I think pretty highly of the show up to the point that I've seen it, although I do think the fallout of a certain character's death at the end of season 1 affects season 2 to the point that it almost felt like another debut season all over again.

19 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Was that other Naomi Watts show about the Starks? I hadn't really kept up on it, but I wasn't sure if they'd confirmed the characters.

Yeah, I've seen the first seven seasons of the show. I intend to watch the eighth when it arrives on Blu-ray, even though quite a bit of it has been spoiled for me nicki5 Not even just on the internet, they refer to the show in that Hobbs & Shaw movie which I saw in theatres. Who knows, maybe that'll mentally prepare me for some of the more controversial plot points.

I think season seven kind of travels on rough waters but other than that I think pretty highly of the show up to the point that I've seen it, although I do think the fallout of a certain character's death at the end of season 1 affects season 2 to the point that it almost felt like another debut season all over again.

it was set like 8,000 years before GoT events and was supposed to give more info on The Long Night/White Walkers/the Starks. There was no King's Landing or dragons yet. Lowkey seemed like an origin story to the White Walkers.

Just pretend that S8 isn't real and you might be okay nicki5 They really just needed more time, but they wanted to rush. Clowns.

Looking back now, S7 is far from being their worst season. Still not a favorite of mine and characters do such stupid shit that's out of character, but MILES better than S8. I'm hoping with this new series, they'll stay more in the route of how season 1-4 of GoT were. Even though I'm sure they'll have a huge budget, it'd be good if they had to struggle a bit and actually rely on great storytelling as opposed to "OMG LOOK AT THESE HUGE DRAGONS!" which is what D&D kinda started to do once the show got popular and they got the bigger budget.

Having read Fire and Blood i'm super excited for this especially knowing GRRM is directly involved it's gonna be 10x better than GOT I can already tell 

btw i hope they do a quick one episode backstory type thing and show the doom i'm really not interested in valyria and it's politics (especially since that history isn't fleshed out) i want to see Aegon conquering the west every battle, every negotiation, every war council, every tea, every shade !!!!!! 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.