Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Dennis Reynolds

Best original films on Netflix?

So I'm about halfway through my first free month of Netflix, and it looks like I'm gonna renew it since I really like a good deal of their shows that I've seen, but I have to say I'm not too impressed with most of their original films brit15 So far I've seen:

El Camino - pretty good

I Am Mother - ok

Bright - lousy 

The Cloverfield Paradox - lousier

So, I don't know, maybe I haven't picked out the best ones, and I still have a shortlist of their original films that I plan to watch, but I'm curious as to what others feel is the cream of the crop...

16 minutes ago, tomás said:
  • Nappily Ever After
  • What Happened To Monday?
  • The Open House
  • Serpiente De Cascabel (it's in English sksk)

Hadn't heard of any of these and they all sound interesting enough, so thanks! I'm planning to watch one of those anime Godzilla movies next (we'll see if it follows my trend of disappointment dead2), but after that I'll watch one of these.

7 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

El Camino and To All The Boys I've Loved Before are the only two that come to mind that I watched rip4

I watched scenes of Ibiza where Richard Madden was in the scene rip4

The things you do for love! ny2 

How many have you seen that were bad? rip4 

53 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

The things you do for love! ny2 

How many have you seen that were bad? rip4 

rip4

He's lowkey done more TV shows than movies I feel. I think the only movie of his I've seen is Cinderella (which is an underrated live action tbh. I think it was good!) Still need to watch Rocketman dd. Another one of his movies is Bastille Day with Idris Elba... haven't seen, but seen gifs/screencaps rip4 It takes a lot more effort for me to watch a movie than a TV show. Unless I'm SERIOUSLY anticipating a movie.

But Bodyguard is a miniseries on netflix where he's the lead...he was PHENOMENAL in it. Binge watched it on a flight to and from during Christmas time last year.

1 hour ago, Daenerys said:

rip4

He's lowkey done more TV shows than movies I feel. I think the only movie of his I've seen is Cinderella (which is an underrated live action tbh. I think it was good!) Still need to watch Rocketman dd. Another one of his movies is Bastille Day with Idris Elba... haven't seen, but seen gifs/screencaps rip4 It takes a lot more effort for me to watch a movie than a TV show. Unless I'm SERIOUSLY anticipating a movie.

But Bodyguard is a miniseries on netflix where he's the lead...he was PHENOMENAL in it. Binge watched it on a flight to and from during Christmas time last year.

I was maybe asking how many bad Netflix movies had you sat through, not necessarily Richard Madden movies! rip4sia2 but hey, I appreciate the enthusiasm. I've only seen Cinderella out of the ones you mention and yeah, it was OK.

I never quit on movies, personally rip4 even if I hate it, I stick it out to the end. The only exception I can think of in like over the past decade of my life is American Hustle - I watched nearly the first hour, and I took some time to recover with the intention of finishing it later because I really hated it, but I couldn't bring myself to start it up again rip4 

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I was maybe asking how many bad Netflix movies had you sat through, not necessarily Richard Madden movies! rip4sia2 but hey, I appreciate the enthusiasm. I've only seen Cinderella out of the ones you mention and yeah, it was OK.

I never quit on movies, personally rip4 even if I hate it, I stick it out to the end. The only exception I can think of in like over the past decade of my life is American Hustle - I watched nearly the first hour, and I took some time to recover with the intention of finishing it later because I really hated it, but I couldn't bring myself to start it up again rip4 

afjsdpoasda i wasn't sure which... so of course i chose the option with the hot guy nicki5 Forgot that I watched 'Roma' also tho! I personally wasn't the BIGGEST fan of it. I found it to be too long, but not horrible at all. I guess I'm too picky to have even watched any of the bad ones dead1 I'm so stoked for Marriage Story coming in December and then Timothee Chalamet's The King is out this Friday!

that's same with me... i just recently sat through The Kitchen and that was absolutely horrible omg. I wanted to turn it off so badly, but i wanted to fully complete it.

20 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

afjsdpoasda i wasn't sure which... so of course i chose the option with the hot guy nicki5 Forgot that I watched 'Roma' also tho! I personally wasn't the BIGGEST fan of it. I found it to be too long, but not horrible at all. I guess I'm too picky to have even watched any of the bad ones dead1 I'm so stoked for Marriage Story coming in December and then Timothee Chalamet's The King is out this Friday!

that's same with me... i just recently sat through The Kitchen and that was absolutely horrible omg. I wanted to turn it off so badly, but i wanted to fully complete it.

Oh yeah, I saw the trailer for The Kitchen in the theatre a couple of times. I didn't think it looked horrible but not too hot either. I like Elisabeth Moss quite a bit so that mildly increases the chances I'll see the movie at some point rip4 I'm pretty much solely interested in Netflix's original shows and movies for now but I'm sure my subscription will once again drive up the amount of mediocre to bad new films that I'll watch rip4 That and Amazon Prime, which I've still yet to use for anything but shopping... rip4 

9 hours ago, Sylk said:

Annihilation is pretty good but not sure if it's a netflix original?

They largely distributed it, but fortunately I live in one of the countries where it was released theatrically so I got to see it there! But yeah, "mainly distributed" is also what I'm looking for here.

13 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Oh yeah, I saw the trailer for The Kitchen in the theatre a couple of times. I didn't think it looked horrible but not too hot either. I like Elisabeth Moss quite a bit so that mildly increases the chances I'll see the movie at some point rip4 I'm pretty much solely interested in Netflix's original shows and movies for now but I'm sure my subscription will once again drive up the amount of mediocre to bad new films that I'll watch rip4 That and Amazon Prime, which I've still yet to use for anything but shopping... rip4 

omg Fleabag and Marvelous Mrs. Maisel are MUST watches on Prime. Also The Boys (Prime exclusive) is kinda good, I'm mixed but looking forward to season 2. I recently binged Downton Abbey on Prime, but yeah I'm kinda same with mostly using it for shopping rip4 TV/Movies is kinda just an added bonus rip4 

13 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

omg Fleabag and Marvelous Mrs. Maisel are MUST watches on Prime. Also The Boys (Prime exclusive) is kinda good, I'm mixed but looking forward to season 2. I recently binged Downton Abbey on Prime, but yeah I'm kinda same with mostly using it for shopping rip4 TV/Movies is kinda just an added bonus rip4 

Yeah, those three are the main ones that look good to me. I'm also somewhat interested in Jack Ryan since I like the character, but I don't know, the show just looks kinda OK. 

5 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Yeah, those three are the main ones that look good to me. I'm also somewhat interested in Jack Ryan since I like the character, but I don't know, the show just looks kinda OK. 

Wasn't really interested in it, so I skipped. I've been wanting to check out Modern Love and Good Omens, but probably won't for a while with so many new things coming out in the next couple weeks.

Films of theirs that I love is To all the boys I've loved before, Someone Great, Okja, and Always be my Maybe. Except for Okja the rest are romantic comedies. I honestly prefer Netflix shows though.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.