Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

loudliyah

Out of the new pop girls....

I think all pop girls (new or old) will struggle going forward. We are in a phase in music that benefits male acts. 

I was just looking at this week’s charts and Young Thug sold 70 copies of his album last week in the US, but streamed 28k equivalents - enough for a Top 10 album.

Female acts can’t compete with that except for Taylor and perhaps Ariana, but even their numbers will never be as high as some of their male counterparts.

Dua is the only one I see staying so far. If her album lives up to the quality of whatever her lead is (might be a tell tell sign that idk the name) then she should be good. 

Billie is 100% going to stay, and Dua proved me wrong. I thought she was gonna flop because she waited for so long and Electricity didn't do that well, but she has the receipts and now a fanbase. Camila will (thankfully) be gone in a few years. Normani + other 5H girls, forgotten already. Halsey has a sizable fanbase, but she just needs to prove her artistry a bit more. Being known as the indie edgy pop girl isn't it. However, Nightmare was absolutely the path to go because it fit her so fucking well, but she strayed away from it unfortunately...

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.