Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Tahj

Harry Styles | Fine Line | December 13th

HDD:

RUMOR MILL 

hitsdd_photo_gal__photo_1416680723.jpg

Monday, December 23, 2019

FINE LINE'S SPARKLING STAT LINE

Harry Styles’ Fine Line (Columbia)—which bowed at #1 in more than 20 countries—is the star that has topped off the year in music, lighting up the stat line in numerous categories.

The 476k debut in the U.S. is the biggest total for a solo U.K. male since retail began scanning units in 1991, and the vinyl album is the fourth-best-seller of the last 28 years as well. At the other end of the consumption spectrum, tracks from Fine Line were streamed more than 100 million during that first week—that’s the third-biggest debut week for any artist this year, and the biggest week for a pop album by a male artist in four years. The 386k traditional units the album moved in the U.S. make it the sixth-best-seller of 2019 in that category. What’s more, Harry is now the first U.K. male artist to debut at #1 with his first two albums, as Fine Line more than doubled the first-week numbers of his self-titled 2017 debut album.

On 12/23/2019 at 4:34 PM, ajp said:

What’s more, Harry is now the first U.K. male artist to debut at #1 with his first two albums, as Fine Line more than doubled the first-week numbers of his self-titled 2017 debut album.

Always surprising to see a MAN breaking a record eve1

Actually really love this album, which I didn’t expect at all because I didn’t like his first album at all. I almost didn’t bother to listen, but after Adore You I had to. Glad it’s really different from his first! It’s probably in my top 5 albums of 2019

10 minutes ago, Sleep Deprived said:

Golden is actually my kind of song shock1

I still maintain Lights Up needs a second chorus to truly snap, but let me give the whole album a spin.

Golden, Watermelon Sugar, Lights Up, Treat People With Kidness, Sunflower Vol. 6, Fine Line, all bops. mad2 

1 minute ago, Margerine Flange said:

Golden, Watermelon Sugar, Lights Up, Treat People With Kidness, Sunflower Vol. 6, Fine Line, all bops. mad2 

I'm on Cherry.

Lights Up could have been that bitch clap1

Golden is still the best track cry7 Some of the others are good, such as Sunflower No. 6 Collaborations Project.

Nothing is downright awful, but some of it feels like Vampire Weekend pastiche nicki5

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.