Will Demi get a #1 too?

Agugaga    1,578

Now that both Ariana and Selena have reached career heights, will Demi follow as well? 
She too has had a personal life filled with trauma. It seems the record labels/managers have a formula that equates to big comebacks. So can Demi come back with a big smash about her person life too? Thoughts?

Gravity    890

I don't think she has the fanbase to support it. Even for her recent top 10 hits she relied on the radio to carry the songs. Also she already made songs about her troubled personal life and they didnt do anything. 

I think she already had a comeback with Skyscraper when she first got out of rehab and that didn't go to #1 either. Idk I feel like people aren't really that sympathetic to a drug abuser story meanwhile gettin past a relationship and coming out victorious ( Ariana, Selena) is a great redemption story for people.

I also think people don't like her that much anymore for her to truly have a triumphant comeback which is sad cuz out of all these Disney girls she deserves a successful comeback and a #1 the most.

I hope she proves me wrong though.

Simón.    23,737

Not a stan, but I think she deserves it.

Sylk    142,927

with the big payola machine aka scooter braun behind her it is possible, i mean they leaked her nudes to sexualize her image and coincidentally that same week billbaord predicted she will comeback with a #1...  but purely on the merits of her music no.. she just doesn't have the vernacular to be #1 too problematic, terrible music, zero longevity or individuality ...shes a typecast artist 

BlancLover    920

She's too much of a Christina wannabe but I do like some of her songs. Out of all the Disney girls, she has the strongest voice and wrote better ballads than Hannah Bonanza. 

Normani    7,606

Her Israel scandal was #1 on TMZ.

I guess that counts.

ari11

Luca    39,233

When are people gonna realize that you don't only need a strong voice to make good music? jj4

LittleDudeNT5    4,858

The forecast is not looking particularly good for her, I would say. I could always be proven wrong, but the same shtick she's been selling hasn't hit the big leagues yet. 

Entea    29,263
21 minutes ago, Avatar said:

When are people gonna realize that you don't only need a strong voice to make good music? jj4

Adelegend says hi jj4

Luca    39,233
Just now, Entea said:

Adelegend says hi jj4

and I said bye

Entea    29,263
Just now, Avatar said:

and I said bye

Bye for good?

Gabe.    5,014

i kinda doubt it but who knows, if Selener could get one after so many consecutive flops maybe Demon can too.

Luca    39,233
41 minutes ago, Entea said:

Bye for good?

delete your account! 

Kyoteki    8,621
10 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Meanwhile my next door neighbour has a really hot boyfriend.

Life is short sis. Steal him. 

Lover    179,190
13 hours ago, Gabe. said:

i kinda doubt it but who knows, if Selener could get one after so many consecutive flops maybe Demon can too.

This... isn’t true though dead2 Bad Liar / Fetish didn’t do all great that but all her other droplet singles ranged from hits to smash hits. Wolves and It Ain’t Me being huge streaming/radio smashes, Taki Taki being massive on every metric basically, and Back To You was a huge radio hit and did quite well on streaming. 

None of those songs peaked very high but they all had great longevity and increased her presence on streaming and her general presence in global markets. She wouldn’t have been able to pull off this feat without those songs setting her up nicely. 

As for Demi - yes, she can do it. Scooter is managing her now and she will have some level of hype following her next release due to her personal struggles and people wanting to see what she has to say. But she doesn’t have a string of strategic releases like Selena did prior to whatever she’s going to put out, so it’s less likely.

Urbanov    46,852

Sorry Not Sorry and CFTS were bops and hits so definitely she has a chance 

Urbanov    46,852
15 hours ago, Avatar said:

When is Agugaga gonna realize that Xtina doesn’t only need a strong voice to make good music? jj4

FixeDt

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.