Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

Will Demi get a #1 too?

4 hours ago, Lover said:

This... isn’t true though dead2 Bad Liar / Fetish didn’t do all great that but all her other droplet singles ranged from hits to smash hits. Wolves and It Ain’t Me being huge streaming/radio smashes, Taki Taki being massive on every metric basically, and Back To You was a huge radio hit and did quite well on streaming. 

None of those songs peaked very high but they all had great longevity and increased her presence on streaming and her general presence in global markets. She wouldn’t have been able to pull off this feat without those songs setting her up nicely. 

As for Demi - yes, she can do it. Scooter is managing her now and she will have some level of hype following her next release due to her personal struggles and people wanting to see what she has to say. But she doesn’t have a string of strategic releases like Selena did prior to whatever she’s going to put out, so it’s less likely.

well out of all the songs you listed Bad Liar AND Fetish were official Selena Gomez singles and i can bet they had an album ready to go with if those singles did better. they underperformed severely for her standards so Wolves came in but it was too late by then. Back to You was a soundtrack single and she was a featured act on Taki Taki.

so as i said they went back to square one and probably were like "k... lets resurrect this shit... you should sing about Justin next and Julia Michaels is already down the basement working on em 9 to 5".

10 hours ago, ShutUpRae said:

No sadly, even though shes one of the best young pop girls vocal wise her career has been struggling since camp rock. I thought sorry not sorry would be her big break but she has not seen such success since

I don't think she's been 'struggling' since camp rock. She had a few hits like Skyscraper, Give Your Heart A Break, Cool For The Summer and Sorry Not Sorry. Ofc they weren't that big but good enough for a B lister like her. I feel like she had the same success as Selena chart wise until Lose You To Love Me.

The problem is that are her hits were driven by radio. She doesn't have that big of  fanbase or social media personality to challenge #1. She would need a really radio friendly song to get a #1.

1 hour ago, Gravity said:

I don't think she's been 'struggling' since camp rock. She had a few hits like Skyscraper, Give Your Heart A Break, Cool For The Summer and Sorry Not Sorry. Ofc they weren't that big but good enough for a B lister like her. I feel like she had the same success as Selena chart wise until Lose You To Love Me.

The problem is that are her hits were driven by radio. She doesn't have that big of  fanbase or social media personality to challenge #1. She would need a really radio friendly song to get a #1.

Solo was a massive #1 radio hit here, it was literally all over the place for months. Granted she's not the lead artist, but she was the main reason it became such a big hit. The issue with Demi is she's too problematic, and her songs are often very middle of the road.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.