Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

SeekingThrill

How do we feel about Madame X now?

What did you expect before Medellin and the album?

Were you prepared for a disappointment when Medellin and other songs were released? Or were you happy?

Your thoughts on the album during its release?

Did anything change at this point? Some fans think it is one of Madonna's best works, do you agree?

When she started teasing the themes and the looks for the album, it looked pretty great. However, when the album finally dropped, it was beyond disappointing. Bad collabs, messy production, horrible robotic vocals, hollow politics, and no real structure or lasting power... it aged like milk. Its pretty much an album that will be totally forgotten by the time she brings out her next work... lets hope that that one is leagues better than this one

I still don't like it. I think the best thing that's come out of this era is the God Control video. I think this era in general is a hot mess... From the music to the tour, just... A hot mess. I appreciate Madonna's experimentation but I wish she would just do the music she wants to do without worrying how to stay "current".

I agree with those woke fans, I think MX is top5 Madonna albums. lotus1

I love cultural contamination and experimentation and all the different sounds it blends. I love the cohesiveness of its message and the way she brings hope against the wars, madness and social injustices of our time. This is easily her most political album yet and the timing couldn't be more appropriate. In some songs the lyrics give me goosebumps and in other ones my ass cannot stop shaking. There are few songs that I skip, namely Crazy, BIL, Future and I Rise, but I don't hate them...they are not bad songs, but compared to the rest of the album they are the most basic songs. I was truly worried when Madonna released I Rise and Future as pre-oder tracks and for a fraction of a second I lost my faith ngl. However, when the leaks dropped I took a big breath of relief. God Control alone is one of Madonna best tracks of all time and it is was worthy every second of the wait. lotus1

It's a good pop album, is it trendsetting and one of the best of the century? No, but it's still a good pop record. Idk why people shit on it too much, Madonna gave us her best visuals in years (Medellín and God Control are literally one of Madonna's best music videos), her looks, we've got more interviews, photoshoots than we've got from her past recent eras.. You need to see the documentary to soak in the amazingness of this album, the meaning behind it and the story of each one of the songs and why Madonna made each one of them sound the way they sound. It does not deserve the hate people give it, especially the fans, when this is the first body of work where Madonna was pretty excited and invested since... I don't know, a long ass time. It's not a perfect album by any means, there's obviously some issues (like for ex: the robotic voice on Batuka, the bad mixing on Medellín) but that's basically it..

Y'all need to be thankful this isn't an MDNA 2.0 situation, that was a HORRIBLE album.

There was a good bunch of potential and the theme/concept was kinda cool but it was all horribly executed. The Medellín and God Control videos are good but the songs are dreadful and that goes for the majority of songs on this album. They have not and will not age well. The vocoded vocals paired with her cringey songwriting are just a big fucking mess.

Oh and don't even get me started on that trainwreck of a tour! Imagine teasing all those fan fave songs only to be switching them out for songs she's been doing non-stop since S&S.

Ugh i still love it and listen to it till today. It helped me to keep it fresh that there was lot of other albums released this year i was looking for so i was forced to take breaks from MX jj4

But i adore this album its definitely one of her most creative, experimental cds, vocal edits maybe were way too much used but it doesnt really bother me much as its just like any other instrument - way to Express music shrug1

And now after few months i feel even more strong in thinking that Medellín is one of her best leads, pity her music is not played on radio anymore cos it would be fresh air and something different that the cold untasty pop soup thats now on the radio. 

Also MX gave us songs like Crazy or Batuka thats enough reasons to praise this album. 

Also cant wait for my MX Tour date to see her on such a small stage with her creativity peak once again being high, this tour will be a privilige to see (as long my date wont be cancelled jj4

It's an acquired taste but I have certainly acquired the taste for it. It's a very thoughtful album that was made with a kind of energy we've not gotten from her in a while. The visuals were fantastic, the tour is brilliant, and the era as a whole has felt more like she was invested in her work, not just doing it because she had to. I think in time it'll grow on people, it'll just take time. Practically since American Life, there've been portions of the fanbase who initially react with dissatisfaction who later go on to appreciate the albums more. 

i still can't tell how i feel about this album which is very weird. its flaws are many and so evidently THERE that i can't help but thank god she's not one of my main faves because i'd be so conflicted. the song where she goes on and on for what feels like an hour about wanting to be gay, Israel and what not must be one of the worst/tone deaf songs i've ever listened to.

On 11/12/2019 at 11:59 PM, Gabe. said:

i still can't tell how i feel about this album which is very weird. its flaws are many and so evidently THERE that i can't help but thank god she's not one of my main faves because i'd be so conflicted. the song where she goes on and on for what feels like an hour about wanting to be gay, Israel and what not must be one of the worst/tone deaf songs i've ever listened to.

She literally sings in chours of this song

I KNOW WHAT I AM AND I KNOW WHAT I'M NOT

like it cant be more simple and obvious jj4

Anyone who complain about lyrics of this song seems like they don't understand simple logic or what metaphor is and how you can use itdead4

1-i dont search i find is good. repetitive but good.

2-the album is fresh sounding but not catchy.

3-Killers and Extreme Occident are interesting songs in terms of sound. Lyrics aren`t pop friendly at all, kardashian lovers may not understand.

4-Album has some nice ideas, great production but feels hollow and messy.

5-I hate reggaetown, bitch i`m loka and faz gostoso are terrible to my taste..medellin is better at 1.25x speed. if the song was built at that speed we could see some hit pottential.

6-3 albuns squeezed in one as someone mentioned here, and the vibe i like is found in IDSIF... too bad it`s the only song with that distinct vibe. like a good song that surprises you after almost the whole album.

she sould have improved that song and made the album towards that instrumentals imho.

7- Ciao Bella not in the album or spotify.. .brit12

8-looking forward to her next album as always. I hope it doesnt take too long.

On 12/10/2019 at 7:25 PM, Adriano said:

looking forward to her next album as always. I hope it doesnt take too long.

Madonna needed about a year to make Madame X, which sounds like it has been done in a few months. jj3 With that amount of time, I expected a masterpiece.

At this point I don't want her to spend a lot of time working on a new album.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.