Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Freaky Prince

Pop stars we are leaving in the 2010s?

1 hour ago, Freaky Prince said:

So what if it's dated lmao? We all know about your judgemental views on pop music, so I ain't gonna bother brit15

It's not only that but with Perfectionist they were literally trying to sell her as a Lady Gaga alternative. The looks, the themes, the visuals, the songs. Everything about it is literally a Gaga carbon copy. With Trouble and Cruel Youth she found herself as an artist both visually and sonically.

48 minutes ago, Madonna said:

It's not only that but with Perfectionist they were literally trying to sell her as a Lady Gaga alternative. The looks, the themes, the visuals, the songs. Everything about it is literally a Gaga carbon copy.

True, but the album still slaps and it a great throwback album to the 2010 pop brit15

49 minutes ago, Madonna said:

With Trouble and Cruel Youth she found herself as an artist both visually and sonically.

Then where is she now? brit15

36 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

True, but the album still slaps and it a great throwback album to the 2010 pop brit15

Then where is she now? brit15

If you think so. But you generally stan every Gaga minion that came onto the scene because Gags abandoned the sound and visuals you loved. brit15 That is the damn tea.

Trying to release music independently because she ruined her career as part of something she felt was a way to get out of her contract and her former artistic persona.

1 minute ago, Madonna said:

If you think so. But you generally stan every Gaga minion that came onto the scene because Gags abandoned the sound and visuals you loved. brit15 That is the damn tea.

Natalia was the only one who was pushed as a Gaga 2.0, have no idea who else are you thinking of, but fine brit15

And good luck getting that new Cruel Youth music you are speaking of brit15

10 hours ago, Miss Show Business said:

I LOVED Perfectionist when it came out. I didn't mind Trouble either. I was kind of angry over the whole X Factor debacle. She literally destroyed her career in one night. Funny, all of this happened after she married her ugly ass husband... It's really such a big shame. oprah4

perfectionist was iconic. its a shame people didn't know that the whole x factor thing was scripted cry9

9 hours ago, Madonna said:

Britney Spears - Surprised no one has mentioned her. She's done for good.

Christina Aguilera - She can't even get a hit as featured artist anymore.

Lady Gaga - Shallow was her saving grace (Thx to Bradley) but I just don't see it for her with her next studio album. She's not particularly popular. People just liked ASIB and that's it.

Katy Perry - Yup. If her best material in years can't get her a hit, nothing will. She's done.

Not going anywhere:

Adele - She will have one of the biggest albums of the decade again.

Rihanna - She's literally reached a status where people will buy whatever she shits out. She has graduated from being an RnB princess to bei g an RnB Queen and a mentor and inspiration to a lot of younger artists. She's still young and people are THIRSTY AS FUCK for new Rihanna music.

Lana Del Rey - She has earned a place in the industry where every album she puts out sells a good amount of copies and receives critical acclaim. She is very well-respected now and a household name. She continues to stay lowkey and is truly indie but has a very large fanbase around the globe.

Ariana Grande - She is still the IT GIRL whether you like it or not. She's going to take a break and come back when the other girls released their albums, so she doesn't have to compete with them.

Britney and Xtina are so over. jj3 And Katy is joining that club.

Adele is slow when it comes to delivering new music, but that is a good tactic. People want sappy love ballads, but she will flop at some point like any big ballad singer.

Rihanna's last album sold around 1 million copies, which isn't good for her. She had one hit and everything else tanked. She isn't that different from Beyonce commercially. 

Lana Del Rey is a different artist, so sales don't even matter for her. 

Ariana has been serving basic  music since the start. I wouldn't call her IT girl, but even if she is, she has become that last year. I can't imagine people wanting more, since her "hits" are forgettable. People who are into her, will start supporting her at some point. Katy has done catchier songs that started to flop, so I can't imagine Ariana's same-y songs to chart every time.

I would add Madonna too. eve1  Her albums have been hit and miss since COADF. She won't deliver flawless album anymore. She can fuck off with autotune usage. She better focus on re-releases and outtakes. jj2 

Gaga's next album will show us if she still has got it.  

On 11/17/2019 at 5:25 AM, Madonna said:

Not going anywhere:

Rihanna - She's literally reached a status where people will buy whatever she shits out. She has graduated from being an RnB princess to bei g an RnB Queen and a mentor and inspiration to a lot of younger artists. She's still young and people are THIRSTY AS FUCK for new Rihanna music.

Lana Del Rey - She has earned a place in the industry where every album she puts out sells a good amount of copies and receives critical acclaim. She is very well-respected now and a household name. She continues to stay lowkey and is truly indie but has a very large fanbase around the globe.

Ariana Grande - She is still the IT GIRL whether you like it or not. She's going to take a break and come back when the other girls released their albums, so she doesn't have to compete with them.

mad5 Rih had to practically give anti out for free just for it to go platinum and her break from music has been quite a while. Like i said she might be able to pump out another "Wild Thoughts/Work" type of single with the help of someone else but she's over, especially now that the new batch of pop girls are coming in.

Lana was never a household name, none of her solo music has even charted since 2017. But she has a loyal indie fanbase at least

Lastly, Ariana is a complete fad, she hasn't really evolved in 6 years other than going from mariah wannabe to madonna wannabe. She released at a good time last year and milked the shit out of her situation which was a smart move, but like a rat she will scurry back into the hole in the wall when she's out of gimmicks and wait till the perfect moment to come back out tay2 which is basically what you admitted in your last sentence. Her sales have already dropped since last november because people are getting bored of her already. Her fanbase will also graduate high school eventually

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.