Taylor: "Scott Borchetta and Scooter Braun have now said that I’m not allowed to perform my old songs on television"

LittleDudeNT5    4,861

Damn, they're really the fucking worst. They have literally no moral right to claim ownership to songs they had no part in creating. This should be clear and plain to anyone who reads up on this issue. It's disgusting and tbh I hope their careers flounder when this all comes to a head. Fucking greedy-ass white men. 

Chris Morlock    44,758
2 hours ago, Infrared said:

Scooter is dumb for fucking up his career rip4

Dr. Luke tried this with Kesha and she won in the end rip4 

The trial hasn't happened yet iirc

Right @TomTom?

Chris Morlock    44,758

Anyway, I'm glad I have already bought all her albums (pre Reputation) that matter to me before Taylor lost her masters. 

Paranomin    1,044
2 hours ago, hector said:

she shouldn’t, she doesn’t have anything to do with this and dragging not only Ariana but the rest of the artists Scooter has signed is really unnecessary. scooter’s the one who should say something, not them 

I wouldn’t say anything if I was Ariana. If anything I would break ties with him ASAP. It shows his true character and what his real motives are. Then speak out when she isn’t under him, as much as we want her to speak out. I’m pretty sure it’s not the smartest move 

Lover    179,191
3 hours ago, hector said:

she shouldn’t, she doesn’t have anything to do with this and dragging not only Ariana but the rest of the artists Scooter has signed is really unnecessary. scooter’s the one who should say something, not them 

Didn’t y’all drag Taylor because she ~just~ donated a quarter of a million to Kesha but didn’t tweet about it despite having zero relation to L*ke?

You’d be right if your post constituted that dragging them and being nasty is unnecessary, because at the end of the day we don’t know what kind of contract they’re under and what they can speak out about legally, or just considering the fear factor and what power he does or might hold over them. However, I think it’s reasonable to urge his artists to speak out (as long as they aren’t contractually obligated not to), and be frustrated that they won’t when this is a serious situation with lots of implications for more than just Taylor herself.... people just need to know how to approach it appropriately and more respectfully since clearly that isn’t happening right now.

TomTom    8,897
6 hours ago, Chris Morlock said:

The trial hasn't happened yet iirc

Right @TomTom?

But that doesn't affect the fact that she doesn't have to work with Dr. Luke anymore.

Mikey Likey    1,342

I love how they released a statement saying they never said she couldn’t perform but they don’t deny the part of not being able to sing her older songs. Such douche bags. 

trashbanjo    366

The way her rep clapped back at them after they responded.clap3

I can't wait for BM to crumble and half of their clients to leave this clownery.

Lover    179,191
25 minutes ago, Madonna said:

gag1 

You’re so pathetic omg rip4 truly devoid of any reasonable morals to find such pleasure in innocent (yes, nothing you say will change that) people’s problems, never change!

Wanna go for that round 2 of your Battlegrounds thread in which the entire forum clocked you? gag1