Daenerys

General Film and TV Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

OMG YES PLEASE WATCH ORPHAN BLACK.... it's such an excellent tv series giveup1 Tatiana Maslany is... other worldly with her acting in it giveup1

I see it's only 50 episodes, that massively bumps up the chance that I'll see it sooner rather than later. It's easier to start shows that are shorter nicki5 I'll try to get to them all eventually though...

This is a cool site for anyone obsessed with TV, you might like it: https://followmy.tv/ Format is a little drab but the site excels otherwise, this is my own profile: https://followmy.tv/u/Masque/time_wasted

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I see it's only 50 episodes, that massively bumps up the chance that I'll see it sooner rather than later. It's easier to start shows that are shorter nicki5 I'll try to get to them all eventually though...

This is a cool site for anyone obsessed with TV, you might like it: https://followmy.tv/ Format is a little drab but the site excels otherwise, this is my own profile: https://followmy.tv/u/Masque/time_wasted

And they’re only like 45 minute episodes since it was on BBC America so shorter than an HBO show! 

ooh I might have signed up but I’ll have to check on my desktop nicki5 do you use Letterboxd? 

27 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

And they’re only like 45 minute episodes since it was on BBC America so shorter than an HBO show! 

ooh I might have signed up but I’ll have to check on my desktop nicki5 do you use Letterboxd? 

I do! Same username as the other site: https://letterboxd.com/masque/films/

On 11/22/2019 at 9:54 PM, Dennis Reynolds said:

I do! Same username as the other site: https://letterboxd.com/masque/films/

oop! followed you!

s97XXDB.gif

also where do you buy your movie posters from? i mostly use eBay, but would love some more reliable sites. i recently bought a Joker poster on eBay and the dumbass sent it to me folded in half... i got that refund REAL quick.

s97XXDB.gif

7 hours ago, Daenerys said:

oop! followed you!

s97XXDB.gif

also where do you buy your movie posters from? i mostly use eBay, but would love some more reliable sites. i recently bought a Joker poster on eBay and the dumbass sent it to me folded in half... i got that refund REAL quick.

s97XXDB.gif

Returned! tay6 

Older ones, I don't really remember. But recently I bought a few off of Amazon, from the site itself so they all came nice and rolled. Not in America but I also bought the Return of the Jedi poster framed at Sunrise Records in person tay6 

6 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Returned! tay6 

Older ones, I don't really remember. But recently I bought a few off of Amazon, from the site itself so they all came nice and rolled. Not in America but I also bought the Return of the Jedi poster framed at Sunrise Records in person tay6 

I used to have a place that had 11x17 in frames already... but I moved tay6 should have stayed just for the posters tay6 

@Dennis Reynolds was gonna make a thread, but I don't think it would be much of a hit so I'll just ask you!

What was your favorite film to experience with an audience?

For me, it was my "midnight" (it wasn't midnight but it was a night showing) of The Force Awakens. It really elevated the return of the series for me. Everyone laugh, clapped, gasped at all the right moments. The moment the intro theme hit WHEW. 

iQxqyGF.gif

11 hours ago, Daenerys said:

@Dennis Reynolds was gonna make a thread, but I don't think it would be much of a hit so I'll just ask you!

What was your favorite film to experience with an audience?

For me, it was my "midnight" (it wasn't midnight but it was a night showing) of The Force Awakens. It really elevated the return of the series for me. Everyone laugh, clapped, gasped at all the right moments. The moment the intro theme hit WHEW. 

iQxqyGF.gif

That was definitely a really good one, and also the only movie I've seen twice in the theatre in the past decade so I kinda got the vibe of the audience twice. A Quiet Place was also really good since everybody miraculously got so into the movie that they didn't make any noise, and there were some moments in Infinity War that were like that, particularly the ending and when Thanos stabs Iron Man (everyone thought he was about to die - you could hear a pin drop).

@Daenerys @Maraj finished watching episode four of HSM and I must say, Nini is the worst! King Ricky is going through hell and SHE keeps saying "omg can't deal with all this drama! my life is so hard!" cry about it rat omg! Ricky should move on from her whiny ass! Feel like time will give her the Gabriella treatment where they realize Sharpay was in the right the entire time while Gabriella was just the career ruining trash that she was! Gina is a queen, I misjudged! EJ continues to lose, I continue to laugh! Ricky's ginger friend finally doing something with his life, we love to see it.

Thank you for coming to my recap. Perched for episode five yup.

iQxqyGF.gif

24 minutes ago, Divine said:

@Daenerys @Maraj finished watching episode four of HSM and I must say, Nini is the worst! King Ricky is going through hell and SHE keeps saying "omg can't deal with all this drama! my life is so hard!" cry about it rat omg! Ricky should move on from her whiny ass! Feel like time will give her the Gabriella treatment where they realize Sharpay was in the right the entire time while Gabriella was just the career ruining trash that she was! Gina is a queen, I misjudged! EJ continues to lose, I continue to laugh! Ricky's ginger friend finally doing something with his life, we love to see it.

iQxqyGF.gif

2 minutes ago, Divine said:

@Hylia don't think I didn't see that Ricky avi change btw. stan the king!

iQxqyGF.gif

Omg fellow stans? I live!

EJ can ROT btw, I just watched episode 4 and Ricky wearing the Pride shirt literally melted my heart. My baby deserves so much more. cry9 

Just now, Hylia said:

EJ can ROT btw, I just watched episode 4 and Ricky wearing the Pride shirt literally melted my heart. My baby deserves so much more. cry9 

EJ truly the biggest LOSER of the show! even when he thinks he won, he gets exposed ten minutes later! can't wait to see him single and left without a role in the musical! ny4 Ricky really has these theatre girls embarrassed. they know they can't do it like him and he's so effortless about it! jealousy is a disease, hope they get well soon xx

9 hours ago, Divine said:

iQxqyGF.gif

the fact that Ricky LITERALLY left Nini’s after the almost kiss cause she just wants to be best friends who braid each other’s hair while talking about EJ. I love to see Nini and EJ lose time after time after time!

iQxqyGF.gif

was about to fume at Miss Gen for dragging Ricky at practice and being late but queen redeemed herself!

iQxqyGF.gif

9 hours ago, Hylia said:

your avi... YOUR AVI! CMON! RICKY STANS UNITE!

iQxqyGF.gif

13 hours ago, Hyun. said:

seeing y'all stanning makes me want to find a way to watch HSM omg

iQxqyGF.gif

as you should! really thought it was gonna be tacky but then I watched and I can confirm it's kinda the best show of all time!

iQxqyGF.gif

4 hours ago, Daenerys said:

the fact that Ricky LITERALLY left Nini’s after the almost kiss cause she just wants to be best friends who braid each other’s hair while talking about EJ. I love to see Nini and EJ lose time after time after time!

iQxqyGF.gif

was about to fume at Miss Gen for dragging Ricky at practice and being late but queen redeemed herself!

iQxqyGF.gif

Nini really thought omg king Ricky is too nice to that bird! He should have dragged her by her musty roots but I guess he's saving it for closing night!

iQxqyGF.gif

Omg was about to start hating her too but the good sis just didn't know! She's still a goddess and better than Nini in every conceivable way! But then again, who isn't!

iQxqyGF.gif