Daenerys

General Film and TV Discussion Thread

9 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Beck was a naive idiot jj4 falling for everyone’s bullshit, one of the most annoying characters in the series

for some reason i liked her ngl, but this is absolute tea dead2 that's what i like about Love being her opposite

Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:

I've only watched the first episode so far and I just thought it was OK, good enough to continue with it though. How many have you seen? 

i'm currently on episode 6! it gets better as the season progresses and more interesting characters are introduced. the only weird part is that the timeline is all over the place, which i think everyone should know before starting the show. 

Oscar Predictions

Best Picture: Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood

Best Director: Sam Mendes

Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix

Best Actress: Renée Zellweger

Best Supporting Actor: Brad Pitt

Best Supporting Actress: Laura Dern

Best Original Screenplay: Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood

Best Adapted Screenplay: The Irishman

Best Score: Joker

Best Original Song: The Elton One

Best Cinematography: 1917

Best International Feature Film: Parasite

Other technicals awards probably going to 1917. Don't necessarily want these to win, but I can see it happening. The acting awards are basically locked.

N5chJ19.gif

1917.... what a film. I'm so happy I got to see it in theaters. I didn't expect to get so emotional in so many scenes. 

yVAi0Zv.gif

Roger Deakins deserves the Best Cinematography Academy Award hands down. Along with Thomas Newman, there's not much dialogue and his score elevates the film in such an amazing way. And now I understand why Sam took the Golden Globe for Best Director.

yVAi0Zv.gif

George MacKay's performance was so.... can't even explain it. By the end, you feel just as exhausted as his character. Wish he was getting more award recognition.

yVAi0Zv.gif

20 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

It's a Nicolas Cage Cthulhu movie, all I need to know bebe1 Sadly I don't think that'll be anytime soon dead2 

are you in like a small town area? bebe1 it can be so hard even with wide release movies omg I hate it bebe1