Daenerys

General Film and TV Discussion Thread

16 hours ago, Daenerys said:

have you ever watched Fleabag? it's a super short series. it's hilarious and also on Amazon Prime... brit16

I loved how the series paid attention to details.

Like introducing certain thing in one episode, then you forget about it, then in some next episode that thing is back.

Spoiler

Like that painting. I screamed when it was revealed in the final episode. So clever. fall4 

2 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Daenerys I've been reading a lot lately but I've also been on kind of a Simpsons binge, and I did watch a couple of movies last night nicki5 what are you into?

in terms of genres? nicki5 i love a good drama nicki5

for books i love a good murder mystery drama situation with romance splashed in nicki5 

20 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

in terms of genres? nicki5 i love a good drama nicki5

for books i love a good murder mystery drama situation with romance splashed in nicki5 

I just meant more like at the moment, what were you watching lately nicki5 Not to veer from the movie/TV topic too much but recently I did read A Kiss Before Dying, Outer Dark and Slaughterhouse-Five, and now I'm onto this collection of short stories and novellas by H.P. Lovecraft.

18 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I just meant more like at the moment, what were you watching lately nicki5 Not to veer from the movie/TV topic too much but recently I did read A Kiss Before Dying, Outer Dark and Slaughterhouse-Five, and now I'm onto this collection of short stories and novellas by H.P. Lovecraft.

oh adfspoajs i'm in such a weird period because i read this tweet about how people shouldn't watch what they've already watched and watch new things nicki5 kinda fucked me up jdpfiaojsd nicki5

For TV: i just finished a Killing Eve rewatch, Little Fires Everywhere/Westworld weekly, trying to finish The Mandalorian, and want to start Mad Men... but we'll see about that. I kinda have to be in the mind set to start a whole new series like that nicki5

Movies: just watched Emma, it was SUPER good if you're into period piece movies. It's a little slow beginning, but I loved it by the end. Possibly going to watch West Side Story for the first time sometime this week with my mom. She loves that movie. And then I just kinda put on the TV and just see what's on and leave it on in the background dead1

Books: I finished Where The Crawdads Sing a few weeks ago... absolutely LOVED it. Before that it was Little Fires Everywhere and Everything I Never Told You (same author) and loved them both a lot. Currently starting Into The Water, but I really can't get into it after finding out there's 11 main characters rip4  think i might just spoil what happens and start something new cause it's just not IT for me dead1

___

WAIT NOW... i googled A Kiss Before Dying's synopsis. I'm intrigued tbh. Can you give me some more tea on that... I just read this synopsis and it seems right up my alley.

Considered a canonical American crime work, it follows ruthless sociopath Bud Corliss who manipulates and harms others in an attempt to rise from his lower-class roots into extreme wealth and prestige.

that sounds amazing tbh giveup1 did you enjoy it?

15 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

oh adfspoajs i'm in such a weird period because i read this tweet about how people shouldn't watch what they've already watched and watch new things nicki5 kinda fucked me up jdpfiaojsd nicki5

For TV: i just finished a Killing Eve rewatch, Little Fires Everywhere/Westworld weekly, trying to finish The Mandalorian, and want to start Mad Men... but we'll see about that. I kinda have to be in the mind set to start a whole new series like that nicki5

Movies: just watched Emma, it was SUPER good if you're into period piece movies. It's a little slow beginning, but I loved it by the end. Possibly going to watch West Side Story for the first time sometime this week with my mom. She loves that movie. And then I just kinda put on the TV and just see what's on and leave it on in the background dead1

Books: I finished Where The Crawdads Sing a few weeks ago... absolutely LOVED it. Before that it was Little Fires Everywhere and Everything I Never Told You (same author) and loved them both a lot. Currently starting Into The Water, but I really can't get into it after finding out there's 11 main characters rip4  think i might just spoil what happens and start something new cause it's just not IT for me dead1

___

WAIT NOW... i googled A Kiss Before Dying's synopsis. I'm intrigued tbh. Can you give me some more tea on that... I just read this synopsis and it seems right up my alley.

that sounds amazing tbh giveup1 did you enjoy it?

Oh lol rip2 I don't agree with that, tbh. I've seen like 3000 movies and I see no harm in rewatching.

I love Mad Men, tell me what you think if you do.

Oh yea, I thought A Kiss Before Dying was great. Basically it's a thriller novel about a guy who wants to marry into wealth, and he thinks he's sized up the perfect woman to achieve that goal, but she ends up pregnant and he knows that her conservative father will disinherit her and ruin his plans, so he plots to get rid of her. If you do decide to read it, try to avoid any more summaries because there's a twist that a lot of them take for granted and spoil nicki5 

8 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Oh lol rip2 I don't agree with that, tbh. I've seen like 3000 movies and I see no harm in rewatching.

I love Mad Men, tell me what you think if you do.

Oh yea, I thought A Kiss Before Dying was great. Basically it's a thriller novel about a guy who wants to marry into wealth, and he thinks he's sized up the perfect woman to achieve that goal, but she ends up pregnant and he knows that her conservative father will disinherit her and ruin his plans, so he plots to get rid of her. If you do decide to read it, try to avoid any more summaries because there's a twist that a lot of them take for granted and spoil nicki5 

ajsfioasdj I agree with you tbh, but I hate that I read that dead1  Harry Potter marathon on TV all day tomorrow and that's what I'll be watching! i can't be stopped! rose1

i will! i know how it ends, but like i have no connection to anything other than he's like doing yoga? ajdpisfajsd rip4 so i'll basically be going in blind

OMG i'm actually extremely intrigued with this giveup1 kinda torn between buying a paperback and having it ship in like 2 weeks or just buying it digitally from the Apple store giveup1 hate digital books, but i don't want to wait 2 weeks giveup1 

20 hours ago, Daenerys said:

ajsfioasdj I agree with you tbh, but I hate that I read that dead1  Harry Potter marathon on TV all day tomorrow and that's what I'll be watching! i can't be stopped! rose1

i will! i know how it ends, but like i have no connection to anything other than he's like doing yoga? ajdpisfajsd rip4 so i'll basically be going in blind

OMG i'm actually extremely intrigued with this giveup1 kinda torn between buying a paperback and having it ship in like 2 weeks or just buying it digitally from the Apple store giveup1 hate digital books, but i don't want to wait 2 weeks giveup1 

Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of digital books either. I quite like the copy I have, nearly pure red hardcover: 

s6WlTgv.jpg

Would love to hear what you think when you read it, if you choose to get it! jj2 

56 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of digital books either. I quite like the copy I have, nearly pure red hardcover: 

s6WlTgv.jpg

Would love to hear what you think when you read it, if you choose to get it! jj2 

omg did you buy it online? that's beautiful giveup1  if you have a link, i'd love it. if not, i found a few somewhat used on ebay giveup1 

13 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

omg did you buy it online? that's beautiful giveup1  if you have a link, i'd love it. if not, i found a few somewhat used on ebay giveup1 

I did, yea, but on the Canadian version of Amazon so probably not much good to you: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/0762102519/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There's also two movies based on the book, neither of which I've seen (I'd like to see the first adaptation though). I've also seen some movies based on his other books but this was the first Ira Levin novel I've read.

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I did, yea, but on the Canadian version of Amazon so probably not much good to you: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/0762102519/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There's also two movies based on the book, neither of which I've seen (I'd like to see the first adaptation though). I've also seen some movies based on his other books but this was the first Ira Levin novel I've read.

oh kii thank you tho! 

i saw that while trying to search for it! depending on the cast/what reviews are like, i'd maybe give them a shot after reading! i just know i want to READ it without knowing anything about it giveup1

i found this cover on eBay... i like it a lot! it also seems in better condition than the ones listed with the iconic red cover.

s-l1600.jpg

4 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

oh kii thank you tho! 

i saw that while trying to search for it! depending on the cast/what reviews are like, i'd maybe give them a shot after reading! i just know i want to READ it without knowing anything about it giveup1

i found this cover on eBay... i like it a lot! it also seems in better condition than the ones listed with the iconic red cover.

s-l1600.jpg

Oh, that one looks good! Yea, I really like the red one, I guess I got lucky because it was only like $9 and it's in perfect condition rip2 

@Ruthless Love i'm just moving our discussion to this thread... i thought we already were, but it's the last film you watched thread apfjidajisd

My issue with the new trilogy is that it looks too polished, especially the first film. The second looked amateur in the end, which is disappointing.

Yes. I do. So far, the best in the latest trilogy. Kind of wanting to see the final film, because I made it thus far. Haha.

Who doesn't stan West Side Story? I'll wait for it......

west side story film GIF

I can agree with that. I think for me, that makes me like it more tho because I just absolutely despised the looks of the prequels.

I know and it probably won't be going to Disney+ for a few months too nnn. If you're interested in renting it, it'll be available on March 31st on iTunes (and probably other streaming sites). Or you can buy it now, but... unless you're like hardcore I really don't recommend that rip4 

(or just illegally watch it if you're into that creep1)

I DIDN'T EXPECT TO LOVE IT SO MUCH OMG! Anita and Bernardo are EVERYTHING. America is probably my fave song/performance.

Spoiler

Okay can we discuss Tony and Maria real quick? I loved them in the beginning, but once Tony killed Bernardo... THE GOOD SIS MARIA DIDN'T EVEN CARE! THAT WAS HER BROTHER FJAIODSJFAPSD! Tony dying at the end was so sad tho, but I'm glad he knew Maria didn't die and she was there whew.

43 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

@Ruthless Love i'm just moving our discussion to this thread... i thought we already were, but it's the last film you watched thread apfjidajisd

Ha. Whoopsie. We're rebels without causes, though, babe!

43 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

I can agree with that. I think for me, that makes me like it more tho because I just absolutely despised the looks of the prequels.

The prequels were just.... insane.

48 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

@Ruthless LoveI know and it probably won't be going to Disney+ for a few months too nnn. If you're interested in renting it, it'll be available on March 31st on iTunes (and probably other streaming sites). Or you can buy it now, but... unless you're like hardcore I really don't recommend that rip4 

(or just illegally watch it if you're into that creep1)

I have ways to watch... if I want to, haha. But, I may just wait.

50 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

@Ruthless LoveI DIDN'T EXPECT TO LOVE IT SO MUCH OMG! Anita and Bernardo are EVERYTHING. America is probably my fave song/performance.

Reveal hidden contents

Okay can we discuss Tony and Maria real quick? I loved them in the beginning, but once Tony killed Bernardo... THE GOOD SIS MARIA DIDN'T EVEN CARE! THAT WAS HER BROTHER FJAIODSJFAPSD! Tony dying at the end was so sad tho, but I'm glad he knew Maria didn't die and she was there whew.

"America" is everything. Rita Moreno is everything.

Spoiler

We don't discuss those moments. cry9