Daenerys

General Film and TV Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Daenerys I watched the first season of The Boys bebe1 Pretty good overall.

I watched it when it premiered and felt... off about it? I liked it, but also didn't feel extremely connected to anyone except Star Girl (? i forget her name dd). But I'm still excited for season 2. It's a show I'd still continue to watch because it still is really entertaining bebe1 They also left on a fun cliffhanger bebe1 

@Dennis Reynolds still not really in the watching TV shows mood BUT HBO has the new Perry Mason coming on Sunday and I'll be starting that oh yes bebe1 Tatiana Maslany is in it and she's phenomenal and hasn't been on TV much lately so it will be VERY welcome to see her weekly bebe1 also gonna try and start Love, Victor and The Politician S2 bebe1 

20 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

I watched it when it premiered and felt... off about it? I liked it, but also didn't feel extremely connected to anyone except Star Girl (? i forget her name dd). But I'm still excited for season 2. It's a show I'd still continue to watch because it still is really entertaining bebe1 They also left on a fun cliffhanger bebe1 

Yeah Hughie and Starlight are really the thoroughly good protagonists, although Mother's Milk and Frenchie are fine if underused bebe1 Butcher is also fun to watch if a pretty terrible person really. Homelander is a good antagonist, his whole mommy issue was something I'd never seen in a supervillain before bebe1

9 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

@Dennis Reynolds still not really in the watching TV shows mood BUT HBO has the new Perry Mason coming on Sunday and I'll be starting that oh yes bebe1 Tatiana Maslany is in it and she's phenomenal and hasn't been on TV much lately so it will be VERY welcome to see her weekly bebe1 also gonna try and start Love, Victor and The Politician S2 bebe1 

I didn't even know there was a new Perry Mason coming out bebe1 I would be interested in Love because I like Gillian Jacobs and Judd Apatow.

I'm also watching The Tick, which is great fun and tonally like the polar opposite of The Boys bebe1

On 6/19/2020 at 8:14 PM, Dennis Reynolds said:

Yeah Hughie and Starlight are really the thoroughly good protagonists, although Mother's Milk and Frenchie are fine if underused bebe1 Butcher is also fun to watch if a pretty terrible person really. Homelander is a good antagonist, his whole mommy issue was something I'd never seen in a supervillain before bebe1

I didn't even know there was a new Perry Mason coming out bebe1 I would be interested in Love because I like Gillian Jacobs and Judd Apatow.

I'm also watching The Tick, which is great fun and tonally like the polar opposite of The Boys bebe1

when Homelander let the plane crash... i- bebe1 

it premiered last night... it was cute! a slow start tbh. Tatiana wasn't even in the episode bebe1 but the previews for the upcoming weeks looks intriguing so I don't think I'm going to drop it bebe1 

9 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

when Homelander let the plane crash... i- bebe1 

it premiered last night... it was cute! a slow start tbh. Tatiana wasn't even in the episode bebe1 but the previews for the upcoming weeks looks intriguing so I don't think I'm going to drop it bebe1 

One thing I've thing I've noticed about the show is that it all seems very early to mid-2000s to me. There's the 9/11 analogue, there's the Deep making his Kobe Bryant-esque apology, there's the big evangelical wishy washy support our president type attitude from celebrities. The comic premiered around that time and maybe the show just takes all its cues from it but it doesn't seem like they updated the premise very much, like with that stretchy superhero who says you can "pray the gay away" bebe1 I just don't really buy that there's gonna be a major, relevant celebrity in 2019 who openly espouses that kind of attitude (even though he is secretly gay) bebe1 

Oh bebe1 Is she a lock for next week? 

On 6/22/2020 at 11:06 AM, Dennis Reynolds said:

One thing I've thing I've noticed about the show is that it all seems very early to mid-2000s to me. There's the 9/11 analogue, there's the Deep making his Kobe Bryant-esque apology, there's the big evangelical wishy washy support our president type attitude from celebrities. The comic premiered around that time and maybe the show just takes all its cues from it but it doesn't seem like they updated the premise very much, like with that stretchy superhero who says you can "pray the gay away" bebe1 I just don't really buy that there's gonna be a major, relevant celebrity in 2019 who openly espouses that kind of attitude (even though he is secretly gay) bebe1 

Oh bebe1 Is she a lock for next week? 

omg i follow Starlight on Instagram and she posted something about news coming soon about the new season bebe1 would love for a August/September premiere bebe1 end of July has Umbrella Academy so I'll be okay with a bit of a wait bebe1 

not sure she's on LOCK lock, but i feel 99% think she'll be on next week bebe1 her character seems to have a huge part to play with the fall out of what happens in episode 1 bebe1 i think they're building up hype for her character which will actually help since we DO hear about her/see a photo in the first episode bebe1 

@Dennis Reynolds it's finally happened. i'm finally watching a show... and it's Grey's Anatomy. it's really a rewatch, but it's been on a few Mondays on TV and i finally just started binging. Granted it's from where the TV channel left off in s2 and I don't think I'm gonna watch the whole series, but still! bebe1 

5 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

@Dennis Reynolds it's finally happened. i'm finally watching a show... and it's Grey's Anatomy. it's really a rewatch, but it's been on a few Mondays on TV and i finally just started binging. Granted it's from where the TV channel left off in s2 and I don't think I'm gonna watch the whole series, but still! bebe1 

That's good! jj2 At least there's a lot of seasons if you do want to see the whole shebang. I haven't seen Grey's Anatomy but @tomás recently professed his enthusiasm for that series to me bebe1 

@Ariana these are some of my favourite movies I've watched on Prime Video gag1 don't know if they're to your interest or not but I'm bored to tears so gag1 

All Hallows Eve

Brick

Murder on the Orient Express 

Prophecy (I acknowledge that many would not appreciate killer mutant bear movies with chainsaw vs. axe duels, but if you do...)

The Proposition

Starcrash (enjoyable Star Wars ripoff)

The Virgin Suicides

I mentioned only movies I had seen for the first time, but Knives Out is on there right now and that's a great film. And for shows, I again love The Tick jj2 

52 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Ariana these are some of my favourite movies I've watched on Prime Video gag1 don't know if they're to your interest or not but I'm bored to tears so gag1 

All Hallows Eve

Brick

Prophecy (I acknowledge that many would not appreciate killer mutant bear movies with chainsaw vs. axe duels, but if you do...)

The Proposition

The Virgin Suicides

I mentioned only movies I had seen for the first time, but Knives Out is on there right now and that's a great film. And for shows, I again love The Tick jj2 

Omg thank you for this I've literally ran out of things to watch alex1 I've seen 2 of those but Murder on the Orient Express piqued my interest I think. Lemme perch ha later jj2

26 minutes ago, Ariana said:

Omg thank you for this I've literally ran out of things to watch alex1 I've seen 2 of those but Murder on the Orient Express piqued my interest I think. Lemme perch ha later jj2

Which two? In my watchlist I also have A Simple Favor, Count Dracula (1970) and Chi-Raq, have some high hopes for all of those jj2 

Some shows they have that I also like are:

30 Rock

Battlestar Galactica

The Boys

Farscape

Good Omens

Happy Endings

Justified

Scrubs

Farscape especially is one of my favourite shows of all time, and 30 Rock and Scrubs are right up there too jj2 

23 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Which two? In my watchlist I also have A Simple Favor, Count Dracula (1970) and Chi-Raq, have some high hopes for all of those jj2 

Some shows they have that I also like are:

30 Rock

Battlestar Galactica

The Boys

Farscape

Good Omens

Happy Endings

Justified

Scrubs

Farscape especially is one of my favourite shows of all time, and 30 Rock and Scrubs are right up there too jj2 

I've seen All Hallows Eve And The Virgin Suicides jj2

Oh The shows in my watchlist currently while I'm waiting for Elite Season 4 are Henry Danger and The Thundermans fall1 the latter being a serve and a half nicki5

Henry Danger is also serving half of those shows you mentioned especially Farscape default_fall1.gif

19 minutes ago, Ariana said:

I've seen All Hallows Eve And The Virgin Suicides jj2

Oh The shows in my watchlist currently while I'm waiting for Elite Season 4 are Henry Danger and The Thundermans fall1 the latter being a serve and a half nicki5

Henry Danger is also serving half of those shows you mentioned especially Farscape default_fall1.gif

What'd you think of All Hallows Eve? I watched it quite recently, never heard of it before I watched it but I was pretty impressed, it was genuinely creepy I thought. The second segment with the alien is just inexcusably lame though.

I've seen commercials for The Thundermans rip2 I think the last Nickelodeon or Disney sitcom I watched was What I Like About You when it was still on rip2 

5 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

What'd you think of All Hallows Eve? I watched it quite recently, never heard of it before I watched it but I was pretty impressed, it was genuinely creepy I thought. The second segment with the alien is just inexcusably lame though.

I've seen commercials for The Thundermans rip2 I think the last Nickelodeon or Disney sitcom I watched was What I Like About You when it was still on rip2 

Omg chile the way I've been scarred for life when I watched it. I thought it will just be one of those horror movies with lame jumpscares but no it was kinda creepy yes nicki5 

Zamn ma, you didn't watch Hannah Montana and Wizards? nicki5

2 hours ago, Ariana said:

Omg chile the way I've been scarred for life when I watched it. I thought it will just be one of those horror movies with lame jumpscares but no it was kinda creepy yes nicki5 

Zamn ma, you didn't watch Hannah Montana and Wizards? nicki5

There's also a movie called Terrifier based on the third segment on Netflix, it was OK I thought nicki5 

No, I've never seen either nicki5 Whenever I hear about Wizards of Waverly Place I always think about this scene from Curb Your Enthusiasm lmfao1 

On 6/28/2020 at 1:12 AM, Dennis Reynolds said:

All Hallows Eve

Brick

The Proposition

The Virgin Suicides

@Ariana I also recommend A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood gaga1