Daenerys

General Film and TV Discussion Thread

17 hours ago, Max said:

Yes, please. Is sunday fine?

It should be fine. I will always make the time for you! kylie1

13 hours ago, Shego said:

Batman movies in the 80s/90s > Batman movies in the 00s/10s

whit2

Yes. Even the cheesiness of the two latter 90s films far outweigh the over-produced 00s/10s.

20 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

It should be fine. I will always make the time for you! kylie1

Yes. Even the cheesiness of the two latter 90s films far outweigh the over-produced 00s/10s.

It's not about the production only, Batman is a comic character and when i watch a Batman movie i wanna have fun. There's nothing interesting in Batman movies since the 2000s, they're like, idk, crime movies with someone dressed as a bat. orangu1

Just now, Shego said:

It's not about the production only, Batman is a comic character and when i watch a Batman movie i wanna have fun. There's nothing interesting in Batman movies since the 2000s, they're like, idk, crime movies with someone dressed as a bat. orangu1

It has become about the production value, honestly. The companies are more into the production than the story they're telling. I hope The Batman changes the narrative.

On 10/1/2020 at 9:23 AM, Ruthless Love said:

I hope The Batman changes the narrative.

I doubt it highly. The three comics that Matt Reeves have taken inspiration from are three of the darkest, most noir Batman stories ever printed. It may not place an emphasis on the production value alone, but it's certainly not gonna be campy and bright hahah

On 10/1/2020 at 3:21 PM, Shego said:

On 10/1/2020 at 3:23 PM, Ruthless Love said:

It has become about the production value, honestly. The companies are more into the production than the story they're telling. I hope The Batman changes the narrative.

The old Batman movies are also focused on production value. 

However,  Christopher Nolan's  Batman movies are focused on story. um2 Instead of making typical superhero movies, he did something different. He showed such kind of movies can be serious too.

I like both styles. The fun Batman and serious Batman. 

Even the fun Batman movies tend to be better than Marvel movies which can be very tacky (Thor). jj2 

@Daenerys so I got my Roku and thus am able to watch The Criterion Channel oprah15 Only watched Local Hero on it but I can tell I like it already, it's wonderfully categorized by decades, stars, filmmakers, genres, etc. So aside from the bizarre inconvenience of me being forbidden from watching it on my TV with an HDMI cable connected to my laptop, I really like it bebe1 

14 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Daenerys so I got my Roku and thus am able to watch The Criterion Channel oprah15 Only watched Local Hero on it but I can tell I like it already, it's wonderfully categorized by decades, stars, filmmakers, genres, etc. So aside from the bizarre inconvenience of me being forbidden from watching it on my TV with an HDMI cable connected to my laptop, I really like it bebe1 

and how are you liking your Roku? i love mine, but being an Apple whore... have definitely thought about switching to AppleTV down the road bebe1 

39 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

and how are you liking your Roku? i love mine, but being an Apple whore... have definitely thought about switching to AppleTV down the road bebe1 

The only thing I don't like about it is that it's perpetually on if it's plugged it...it just seems weird and inconvenient that there's no off button bebe1 I can turn the TV off via the Roku for whatever good that does, but not the Roku itself? bebe1