Daenerys

General Film and TV Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

lmfao1 

Ron Swanson is a legend rip4 From the same swivel chair episode I also love when he initially sees it and just says "What the fuck is this?" rip4 Also when he throws away his computer after April tells him about cookies and Google Earth, and there's also this:

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Ron Swanson is a legend rip4 From the same swivel chair episode I also love when he initially sees it and just says "What the fuck is this?" rip4 Also when he throws away his computer after April tells him about cookies and Google Earth, and there's also this:

what about April scheduling all of Ron's appointments on February 29th??? i forget the date, but it's because she thinks it's a fake date lmfao1 AND OF COURSE DONNA IS A LEGEND

17 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

what about April scheduling all of Ron's appointments on February 29th??? i forget the date, but it's because she thinks it's a fake date lmfao1 AND OF COURSE DONNA IS A LEGEND

I think April is my second favorite character after Ron rip4 It's hard to pick after that. One of the best jokes involving all the characters is when Leslie gets each of them perfect gifts, among them a painting of April having slain the Black Eyed Peas and a button that shuts the doors to Ron's office which brings him to the verge of tears rip4 They're all so well established that it's really funny when any of them do something out of character, like when Ann is drunk talking about how Andy has matured and now some other girl is gonna reap the rewards and she declares "That's bullshit!" before awkwardly sipping at her drink lmfao1 

33 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I think April is my second favorite character after Ron rip4 It's hard to pick after that. One of the best jokes involving all the characters is when Leslie gets each of them perfect gifts, among them a painting of April having slain the Black Eyed Peas and a button that shuts the doors to Ron's office which brings him to the verge of tears rip4 They're all so well established that it's really funny when any of them do something out of character, like when Ann is drunk talking about how Andy has matured and now some other girl is gonna reap the rewards and she declares "That's bullshit!" before awkwardly sipping at her drink lmfao1 

ANN PERKINS giveup1 THE QUEEN THAT SHE IS giveup1 

@Tahj @Hyun. this isn't worth making a thread over but I've been reading through this Moon Knight omnibus and I can say the forthcoming TV show is easily one of my most anticipated Marvel projects oprah15 The character gets referred to as the Marvel equivalent of Batman a lot, but I think the similarities are mostly superficial and he's really more like the Shadow than any other character, or perhaps Simon Templar. One of my favorite stories isn't even action based, and would make for a great episode of television. It's about his girlfriend in critical condition in the hospital from an attack and when he's told they won't have a good idea of whether she'll survive or not until dawn, he distracts himself by going out in the night, both taking it out on people and trying to do some good deeds. He berates a doorman for drinking on the job and pours out his liquor, he gives a homeless man money and is bitterly pessimistic he's gonna just use it to get drunk like the other guy, he finds a heroin addict passed out and anonymously takes him back to the hospital, he stops a mugging, etc. He is a hero, but an unstable one with more obvious problems than most others. That particular story really demonstrates a lot of the uniqueness and instability that make him a very interesting character.

I got a YouTube ad for a I think middle Eastern film judging by the written language. The only English word on it was for the title and it's called "Suicide?" slated for June or January 2022. There was an exact date but didn't catch it. And I can't find jack shit about it

I'm watching Space: 1999 on Prime Video. There's times I'm disappointed we didn't get all this retrofuturistic stuff portrayed from the mid 1970s to the early 80s like these giant computers with ominous green text and white pajamas as the default clothing and only got the internet and such instead bebe1 

@Howard Lotor I don't think there's all that many people that share my affection for 1930s slang such as "scare me up some gigglejuice", "cute as a bug", "she dances the Charleston like a cement mixer", "wound up tight as an eight day clock", etc., so I love the way this character speaks nicki5 

12 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Howard Lotor I don't think there's all that many people that share my affection for 1930s slang such as "scare me up some gigglejuice", "cute as a bug", "she dances the Charleston like a cement mixer", "wound up tight as an eight day clock", etc., so I love the way this character speaks nicki5 

Alastor is just a great character generally. It's pretty impressive how he became a fan favorite from just the pilot  I think he's based on the early 20th century and was alive during that time which explains the early 20th century slang.