Jump to content
Daenerys

General Film and TV Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

You and I, I don't think so but @Hylia has brought it up to me before. The answer is no but I have seen the movie Westworld and its sequel, Futureworld.

 

I guess she also played Rey's mom for like 20 seconds in The Rise of Skywalker, must have been disappointing for anyone's that recognized her for her to appear and disappear that quickly rip2 

 

I've recently discovered all these amazing B-movies on Prime Video (Star Wars ripoffs, cheap sword and sorcery films, monster movies) so that service just paid for itself for the next five years at least rip2 

Hylia the Westworld watching legend whit2

 

YES SHE DID dead1 she literally hugs kid Rey and i think she says something, but like i can't even remember what dead1 

 

Prime actually has a really good catalogue of things to watch! Have you ever watched the movie Annihilation? I just saw that it's on Prime and I feel like you might be interested in it tbh. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hylia said:

Omg thoughts? juicy1 

Spoiler

insanity of a season! i'm in love with the first half oh yes juicy1

tbh i was kinda underwhelmed with the second half? i think the show set some crazy standards so this was kinda doomed from the start, but idk, the way Caleb's plot resolved was actually quite predictable and not as shocking as they were setting it up to be, when it happened it was like "oh alright, what's next" instead of me being super shocked like some past twists on the show juicy1

my main takeaway from the season overall is that i would've loved more world building, they cut two episodes and i don't think it was necessary? those two eps could be really about exploring this world controlled by an AI, how are people controlled? how do they choose who gets to do what? i wish we saw more of that bc that way the riots at the end would've felt like they actually made sense juicy1

it's not a bad season at all and i'm only nitpicking bc the show is THAT good, it's still one of my favorites ever juicy1 there were also really fantastic action sequences and i'm never mad at those! seeing Dolores and Maeve be complete boss bitches was super pleasing to me juicy1

very interested in Hale's plot now that the Dolores in her kinda evolved and she's in charge of Delos? also the man in black plot looks pretty interesting, i never personally cared about the character but them replacing him with a host is a power move juicy1 also wonder how much time passed while Bernard was in the other world bc that shit was DUSTY juicy1

cody don't open this rambling juicy1

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Hyun. said:
  Hide contents

insanity of a season! i'm in love with the first half oh yes juicy1

tbh i was kinda underwhelmed with the second half? i think the show set some crazy standards so this was kinda doomed from the start, but idk, the way Caleb's plot resolved was actually quite predictable and not as shocking as they were setting it up to be, when it happened it was like "oh alright, what's next" instead of me being super shocked like some past twists on the show juicy1

my main takeaway from the season overall is that i would've loved more world building, they cut two episodes and i don't think it was necessary? those two eps could be really about exploring this world controlled by an AI, how are people controlled? how do they choose who gets to do what? i wish we saw more of that bc that way the riots at the end would've felt like they actually made sense juicy1

it's not a bad season at all and i'm only nitpicking bc the show is THAT good, it's still one of my favorites ever juicy1 there were also really fantastic action sequences and i'm never mad at those! seeing Dolores and Maeve be complete boss bitches was super pleasing to me juicy1

very interested in Hale's plot now that the Dolores in her kinda evolved and she's in charge of Delos? also the man in black plot looks pretty interesting, i never personally cared about the character but them replacing him with a host is a power move juicy1 also wonder how much time passed while Bernard was in the other world bc that shit was DUSTY juicy1

cody don't open this rambling juicy1

Spoiler

ALL TEA YES! juicy1 I was initially disappointed with the final episode cause I was devestated by Dolores Prime’s “death” and I assumed that meant no more EVR, but apparently she will still be in the show after all? So it grew on me! juicy1 

Episode 6 is an all time fave cause Halores went into bad bitch mode and we HAD to stan on that one. Basically any scene with her, Dolores, and/or Maeve was an instant classic, juicy1 

I do wish they would have done 10 episodes instead of 8 because even just Caleb trying to reach Incite for example could have been a whole episode where we see the extent of the riots. That length of the season is probably my biggest complaint cause like you said, more world building would have been a plus. juicy1 
The way we clowned (or at least I was) into thinking Halores would go IN on Serac after he killed Hale’s family, but she ended up turning on Dolores took my wig by STORM. The bits of dialogue between them in episode 8 left me shook and even though I love Dolores, I stanned! I’m so excited to see her as what I assume will be season 4’s villain. Caleb and Maeve should bring the OG back somehow cause Dolores vs Halores would be THAT snap. Evan Rachel Wood, Tessa Thompson, and Thandie Newton really BROUGHT it. juicy1 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Daenerys said:

Hylia the Westworld watching legend whit2

 

YES SHE DID dead1 she literally hugs kid Rey and i think she says something, but like i can't even remember what dead1 

 

Prime actually has a really good catalogue of things to watch! Have you ever watched the movie Annihilation? I just saw that it's on Prime and I feel like you might be interested in it tbh. 

"Rey, be brave" apparently dead2 I wouldn't have thought such a minor character would be played by an actress who headlines a TV series.

 

Yeah, I saw that in theatres, loved it! Yeah, I kind of underestimated that service, I'm in no danger of running out of stuff I want to see on there rip2 Earlier I watched this movie Prophecy, which I thought would be entertaining enough for having a mutant bear as the main antagonist, but also has one amazing, ridiculous, awesome scene where a sinister logger and a Native American activist literally duel with a chainsaw and an axe over the fate of a tree rip2

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2020 at 7:14 PM, Daenerys said:

honestly NOTHING... i'm not motivated to watch/do anything it's sad dead1 i really just keep up with Killing Eve/listen to music and that's it, what about you? tay6 

Any change or still stagnant? tay6 I've watched quite a lot of movies on Prime and am also near polishing off 30 Rock tay6 Miss the theatre tbh (not that I'd go if it was open right now).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Any change or still stagnant? tay6 I've watched quite a lot of movies on Prime and am also near polishing off 30 Rock tay6 Miss the theatre tbh (not that I'd go if it was open right now).

Animal Crossing has taken over my life... i got it last week and i literally spend every moment playing it dead1 but i'm currently rewatching Will & Grace with my mom! still play Animal Crossing while watching tho dd tay6 Lately, I've been in the mood to rewatch a bunch of shows like The West Wing, Orphan Black and Game of Thrones (s1-6 hello! not touching those last two seasons!)  I'm missing the theater too, but like you, I don't see myself going for quite some time. 

 

Is it your first 30 Rock watch? I used to stan the show so hard years ago tay6 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

Animal Crossing has taken over my life... i got it last week and i literally spend every moment playing it dead1 but i'm currently rewatching Will & Grace with my mom! still play Animal Crossing while watching tho dd tay6 Lately, I've been in the mood to rewatch a bunch of shows like The West Wing, Orphan Black and Game of Thrones (s1-6 hello! not touching those last two seasons!)  I'm missing the theater too, but like you, I don't see myself going for quite some time. 

 

Is it your first 30 Rock watch? I used to stan the show so hard years ago tay6 

Oh yeah, I've heard a lot about Animal Crossing but haven't played it myself, any of them for that matter. Was gonna suggest you make a thread and stir up some discussion on here since I kow we have some fans but apparentyly there already is one! tay6 https://fotpforums.com/topic/177684-animal-crossing-new-horizons-march-20-2020/?tab=comments#comment-1062894943

 

Still have season 1 of Orphan Black on Blu-ray, was thinking about watching that.

 

 

I saw season 1 for the first time a few years ago, then watched 2-4 last year I think and recently I picked it up again since it's all on Prime. I have 1-4 on DVD and I've rewatched a lot of episodes a fair bit, this joke especially makes me lose it rip4 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Daenerys I watched the first season of The Boys bebe1 Pretty good overall.

I watched it when it premiered and felt... off about it? I liked it, but also didn't feel extremely connected to anyone except Star Girl (? i forget her name dd). But I'm still excited for season 2. It's a show I'd still continue to watch because it still is really entertaining bebe1 They also left on a fun cliffhanger bebe1 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dennis Reynolds still not really in the watching TV shows mood BUT HBO has the new Perry Mason coming on Sunday and I'll be starting that oh yes bebe1 Tatiana Maslany is in it and she's phenomenal and hasn't been on TV much lately so it will be VERY welcome to see her weekly bebe1 also gonna try and start Love, Victor and The Politician S2 bebe1 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

I watched it when it premiered and felt... off about it? I liked it, but also didn't feel extremely connected to anyone except Star Girl (? i forget her name dd). But I'm still excited for season 2. It's a show I'd still continue to watch because it still is really entertaining bebe1 They also left on a fun cliffhanger bebe1 

Yeah Hughie and Starlight are really the thoroughly good protagonists, although Mother's Milk and Frenchie are fine if underused bebe1 Butcher is also fun to watch if a pretty terrible person really. Homelander is a good antagonist, his whole mommy issue was something I'd never seen in a supervillain before bebe1

9 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

@Dennis Reynolds still not really in the watching TV shows mood BUT HBO has the new Perry Mason coming on Sunday and I'll be starting that oh yes bebe1 Tatiana Maslany is in it and she's phenomenal and hasn't been on TV much lately so it will be VERY welcome to see her weekly bebe1 also gonna try and start Love, Victor and The Politician S2 bebe1 

I didn't even know there was a new Perry Mason coming out bebe1 I would be interested in Love because I like Gillian Jacobs and Judd Apatow.

 

I'm also watching The Tick, which is great fun and tonally like the polar opposite of The Boys bebe1

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2020 at 8:14 PM, Dennis Reynolds said:

Yeah Hughie and Starlight are really the thoroughly good protagonists, although Mother's Milk and Frenchie are fine if underused bebe1 Butcher is also fun to watch if a pretty terrible person really. Homelander is a good antagonist, his whole mommy issue was something I'd never seen in a supervillain before bebe1

I didn't even know there was a new Perry Mason coming out bebe1 I would be interested in Love because I like Gillian Jacobs and Judd Apatow.

 

I'm also watching The Tick, which is great fun and tonally like the polar opposite of The Boys bebe1

when Homelander let the plane crash... i- bebe1 

 

it premiered last night... it was cute! a slow start tbh. Tatiana wasn't even in the episode bebe1 but the previews for the upcoming weeks looks intriguing so I don't think I'm going to drop it bebe1 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

when Homelander let the plane crash... i- bebe1 

 

it premiered last night... it was cute! a slow start tbh. Tatiana wasn't even in the episode bebe1 but the previews for the upcoming weeks looks intriguing so I don't think I'm going to drop it bebe1 

One thing I've thing I've noticed about the show is that it all seems very early to mid-2000s to me. There's the 9/11 analogue, there's the Deep making his Kobe Bryant-esque apology, there's the big evangelical wishy washy support our president type attitude from celebrities. The comic premiered around that time and maybe the show just takes all its cues from it but it doesn't seem like they updated the premise very much, like with that stretchy superhero who says you can "pray the gay away" bebe1 I just don't really buy that there's gonna be a major, relevant celebrity in 2019 who openly espouses that kind of attitude (even though he is secretly gay) bebe1 

 

Oh bebe1 Is she a lock for next week? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2020 at 11:06 AM, Dennis Reynolds said:

One thing I've thing I've noticed about the show is that it all seems very early to mid-2000s to me. There's the 9/11 analogue, there's the Deep making his Kobe Bryant-esque apology, there's the big evangelical wishy washy support our president type attitude from celebrities. The comic premiered around that time and maybe the show just takes all its cues from it but it doesn't seem like they updated the premise very much, like with that stretchy superhero who says you can "pray the gay away" bebe1 I just don't really buy that there's gonna be a major, relevant celebrity in 2019 who openly espouses that kind of attitude (even though he is secretly gay) bebe1 

 

Oh bebe1 Is she a lock for next week? 

 

omg i follow Starlight on Instagram and she posted something about news coming soon about the new season bebe1 would love for a August/September premiere bebe1 end of July has Umbrella Academy so I'll be okay with a bit of a wait bebe1 

 

not sure she's on LOCK lock, but i feel 99% think she'll be on next week bebe1 her character seems to have a huge part to play with the fall out of what happens in episode 1 bebe1 i think they're building up hype for her character which will actually help since we DO hear about her/see a photo in the first episode bebe1 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dennis Reynolds it's finally happened. i'm finally watching a show... and it's Grey's Anatomy. it's really a rewatch, but it's been on a few Mondays on TV and i finally just started binging. Granted it's from where the TV channel left off in s2 and I don't think I'm gonna watch the whole series, but still! bebe1 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

@Dennis Reynolds it's finally happened. i'm finally watching a show... and it's Grey's Anatomy. it's really a rewatch, but it's been on a few Mondays on TV and i finally just started binging. Granted it's from where the TV channel left off in s2 and I don't think I'm gonna watch the whole series, but still! bebe1 

That's good! jj2 At least there's a lot of seasons if you do want to see the whole shebang. I haven't seen Grey's Anatomy but @tomás recently professed his enthusiasm for that series to me bebe1 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ariana these are some of my favourite movies I've watched on Prime Video gag1 don't know if they're to your interest or not but I'm bored to tears so gag1 

 

All Hallows Eve

Brick

Murder on the Orient Express 

Prophecy (I acknowledge that many would not appreciate killer mutant bear movies with chainsaw vs. axe duels, but if you do...)

The Proposition

Starcrash (enjoyable Star Wars ripoff)

The Virgin Suicides

 

I mentioned only movies I had seen for the first time, but Knives Out is on there right now and that's a great film. And for shows, I again love The Tick jj2 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Ariana these are some of my favourite movies I've watched on Prime Video gag1 don't know if they're to your interest or not but I'm bored to tears so gag1 

 

All Hallows Eve

Brick

Murder on the Orient Express 

Prophecy (I acknowledge that many would not appreciate killer mutant bear movies with chainsaw vs. axe duels, but if you do...)

The Proposition

Starcrash (enjoyable Star Wars ripoff)

The Virgin Suicides

 

I mentioned only movies I had seen for the first time, but Knives Out is on there right now and that's a great film. And for shows, I again love The Tick jj2 

Omg thank you for this I've literally ran out of things to watch alex1 I've seen 2 of those but Murder on the Orient Express piqued my interest I think. Lemme perch ha later jj2

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Daenerys @Maraj finished watching episode four of HSM and I must say, Nini is the worst! King Ricky is going through hell and SHE keeps saying "omg can't deal with all this drama! my life is so hard!

seeing y'all stanning makes me want to find a way to watch HSM omg

EJ truly the biggest LOSER of the show! even when he thinks he won, he gets exposed ten minutes later! can't wait to see him single and left without a role in the musical!  Ricky really has these thea


  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×