Jump to content
Daenerys

General Film and TV Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

On 10/1/2020 at 3:21 PM, Shego said:

It's not about the production only, Batman is a comic character and when i watch a Batman movie i wanna have fun. There's nothing interesting in Batman movies since the 2000s, they're like, idk, crime movies with someone dressed as a bat. orangu1

 

On 10/1/2020 at 3:23 PM, Ruthless Love said:

It has become about the production value, honestly. The companies are more into the production than the story they're telling. I hope The Batman changes the narrative.

The old Batman movies are also focused on production value. 

However,  Christopher Nolan's  Batman movies are focused on story. um2 Instead of making typical superhero movies, he did something different. He showed such kind of movies can be serious too.

 

I like both styles. The fun Batman and serious Batman. 

Even the fun Batman movies tend to be better than Marvel movies which can be very tacky (Thor). jj2 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Daenerys so I got my Roku and thus am able to watch The Criterion Channel oprah15 Only watched Local Hero on it but I can tell I like it already, it's wonderfully categorized by decades, stars, filmmakers, genres, etc. So aside from the bizarre inconvenience of me being forbidden from watching it on my TV with an HDMI cable connected to my laptop, I really like it bebe1 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Daenerys so I got my Roku and thus am able to watch The Criterion Channel oprah15 Only watched Local Hero on it but I can tell I like it already, it's wonderfully categorized by decades, stars, filmmakers, genres, etc. So aside from the bizarre inconvenience of me being forbidden from watching it on my TV with an HDMI cable connected to my laptop, I really like it bebe1 

and how are you liking your Roku? i love mine, but being an Apple whore... have definitely thought about switching to AppleTV down the road bebe1 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

and how are you liking your Roku? i love mine, but being an Apple whore... have definitely thought about switching to AppleTV down the road bebe1 

The only thing I don't like about it is that it's perpetually on if it's plugged it...it just seems weird and inconvenient that there's no off button bebe1 I can turn the TV off via the Roku for whatever good that does, but not the Roku itself? bebe1 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

 

lmfao1 

Ron Swanson is a legend rip4 From the same swivel chair episode I also love when he initially sees it and just says "What the fuck is this?" rip4 Also when he throws away his computer after April tells him about cookies and Google Earth, and there's also this:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Ron Swanson is a legend rip4 From the same swivel chair episode I also love when he initially sees it and just says "What the fuck is this?" rip4 Also when he throws away his computer after April tells him about cookies and Google Earth, and there's also this:

 

 

what about April scheduling all of Ron's appointments on February 29th??? i forget the date, but it's because she thinks it's a fake date lmfao1 AND OF COURSE DONNA IS A LEGEND

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

what about April scheduling all of Ron's appointments on February 29th??? i forget the date, but it's because she thinks it's a fake date lmfao1 AND OF COURSE DONNA IS A LEGEND

I think April is my second favorite character after Ron rip4 It's hard to pick after that. One of the best jokes involving all the characters is when Leslie gets each of them perfect gifts, among them a painting of April having slain the Black Eyed Peas and a button that shuts the doors to Ron's office which brings him to the verge of tears rip4 They're all so well established that it's really funny when any of them do something out of character, like when Ann is drunk talking about how Andy has matured and now some other girl is gonna reap the rewards and she declares "That's bullshit!" before awkwardly sipping at her drink lmfao1 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I think April is my second favorite character after Ron rip4 It's hard to pick after that. One of the best jokes involving all the characters is when Leslie gets each of them perfect gifts, among them a painting of April having slain the Black Eyed Peas and a button that shuts the doors to Ron's office which brings him to the verge of tears rip4 They're all so well established that it's really funny when any of them do something out of character, like when Ann is drunk talking about how Andy has matured and now some other girl is gonna reap the rewards and she declares "That's bullshit!" before awkwardly sipping at her drink lmfao1 

ANN PERKINS giveup1 THE QUEEN THAT SHE IS giveup1 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tahj @Hyun. this isn't worth making a thread over but I've been reading through this Moon Knight omnibus and I can say the forthcoming TV show is easily one of my most anticipated Marvel projects oprah15 The character gets referred to as the Marvel equivalent of Batman a lot, but I think the similarities are mostly superficial and he's really more like the Shadow than any other character, or perhaps Simon Templar. One of my favorite stories isn't even action based, and would make for a great episode of television. It's about his girlfriend in critical condition in the hospital from an attack and when he's told they won't have a good idea of whether she'll survive or not until dawn, he distracts himself by going out in the night, both taking it out on people and trying to do some good deeds. He berates a doorman for drinking on the job and pours out his liquor, he gives a homeless man money and is bitterly pessimistic he's gonna just use it to get drunk like the other guy, he finds a heroin addict passed out and anonymously takes him back to the hospital, he stops a mugging, etc. He is a hero, but an unstable one with more obvious problems than most others. That particular story really demonstrates a lot of the uniqueness and instability that make him a very interesting character.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a YouTube ad for a I think middle Eastern film judging by the written language. The only English word on it was for the title and it's called "Suicide?" slated for June or January 2022. There was an exact date but didn't catch it. And I can't find jack shit about it

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seeing y'all stanning makes me want to find a way to watch HSM omg

@Daenerys @Maraj finished watching episode four of HSM and I must say, Nini is the worst! King Ricky is going through hell and SHE keeps saying "omg can't deal with all this drama! my life is so hard!

We also have to stan Seb, I cant wait for his career defining performance as Sharpay!


  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×