Daenerys

General Film and TV Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, Howard Lotor said:

Alastor is just a great character generally. It's pretty impressive how he became a fan favorite from just the pilot  I think he's based on the early 20th century and was alive during that time which explains the early 20th century slang.

Yea I only watched watched it the other day, recognized one of the characters from your past avi. I hope they do more soon, I found out some of the same characters are in a webcomic and he's one of them, although I would miss the sound design and cadence of his voice actor which is part of why it works so well.

38 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Yea I only watched watched it the other day, recognized one of the characters from your past avi. I hope they do more soon, I found out some of the same characters are in a webcomic and he's one of them, although I would miss the sound design and cadence of his voice actor which is part of why it works so well.

From what I heard they're doing a TV show for it and it's coming very soon. Not sure how soon though. I recommend you watch Helluva Boss too. It's made by the same creator.

@Mr. Mendes have you seen Jurassic World Dominion? I originally wasn't even planning on seeing it in theatres given how much I disliked the previous movie, but there was a power outage at my house yesterday and I figured that being able to accurately make fun of Colin Trevorrow was better than sitting around in the dark bebe1 But having seen it now, I'm thinking that I may have underrated shadow puppets... bebe1 

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Mr. Mendes have you seen Jurassic World Dominion? I originally wasn't even planning on seeing it in theatres given how much I disliked the previous movie, but there was a power outage at my house yesterday and I figured that being able to accurately make fun of Colin Trevorrow was better than sitting around in the dark bebe1 But having seen it now, I'm thinking that I may have underrated shadow puppets... bebe1 

It is genuinely one of the worst blockbusters I have ever seen. I rank it above JPIII (my full ranking and scores here) still because I much prefer JW:D’s production values and use of so many amazing animatronics, but it’s story and script so horrendously terrible that I could hardly believe it was actually happening. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

It is genuinely one of the worst blockbusters I have ever seen. I rank it above JPIII (my full ranking and scores here) still because I much prefer JW:D’s production values and use of so many amazing animatronics, but it’s story and script so horrendously terrible that I could hardly believe it was actually happening. 

Followed jj2 

I actually like III, although it has some weird/dumb scenes like the phone being audible from like a thousand yards away, not to mention while also inside the spinosaurus's stomach dead2 And when Grant has the nightmare where the raptor talks to him. 

But yea, there's so many scenes where I actually just laughed in the theater, silently making up MST3K/Rifftrax style puns in my head to go with them bebe1 The baby raptor having a bond with the girl when they've met like twice and even understanding her signals, the burning of the locusts, the giganotosaurus's mouth apparently being doused in gasoline when the torch was throw into it, the dinosaur black market where they're fighting like dogs and being cooked on a rotisserie...so much stupidity bebe1 but hey, at least some of them have feathers...

11 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I actually like III, although it has some weird/dumb scenes like the phone being audible from like a thousand yards away, not to mention while also inside the spinosaurus's stomach dead2 And when Grant has the nightmare where the raptor talks to him. 

I think it and Dominion are on the same level in terms of the stupidity and incomprehensible story beats, but where I put it behind Dominion is that it looks like it was made for television. The production value is absolutely atrocious (which it's budget was on the lean side even for the time period so that tracks) and I think it has honestly aged worse than many of the ropier effects in movies that came out even before it. 

14 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

But yea, there's so many scenes where I actually just laughed in the theater, silently making up MST3K/Rifftrax style puns in my head to go with them bebe1 The baby raptor having a bond with the girl when they've met like twice and even understanding her signals, the burning of the locusts, the giganotosaurus's mouth apparently being doused in gasoline when the torch was throw into it, the dinosaur black market where they're fighting like dogs and being cooked on a rotisserie...so much stupidity bebe1 but hey, at least some of them have feathers...

And yes agreed. I don't hate the concept of dinosaurs on the black market because I strangely think that's a very realistic possibility if this were to happen in the real world, but the execution of it is so laughable. 

What I don't understand is why they made an entire film to set up "dinosaurs out in the real world", spent the money to shoot an elaborate prologue of a t-rex attacking a drive-in, and went through the trouble of building their selling of the film on that concept....only to spend $185 million making a film that is absolutely not that but rather set primarily in one confined location? Like what was the point? Why do what you did with Fallen Kingdom only to do this with Dominion?

16 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Lynk I'm really excited for Hazbin Hotel to go to a full series, have you seen all the redesigns? bebe1 How do you feel about some of the voice actors not coming back? I was a bit disappointed by that, but still very much looking forward to it, hoping for this year! bebe1 

I'm gonna be frank, I had no idea they had a redesign. I haven't been keeping up with it or Helluva Boss. I haven't lost interest, just be hella out of it. I'll look into them at some point

8 minutes ago, Lynk said:

I'm gonna be frank, I had no idea they had a redesign. I haven't been keeping up with it or Helluva Boss. I haven't lost interest, just be hella out of it. I'll look into them at some point

It’s all fairly minor really, just tweaks to make them easier to animate I think. I think the biggest difference is that Charlie’s pants are red and her fangs are more pronounced bebe1 

@Mr. Mendes have you seen Quantumania? I saw it on Thursday night, I enjoyed it a fair bit but the Wasp felt fairly ancillary for a title character dead2 Curious what you think of the movie since it seems surprisingly polarizing, although I get moving from two smaller scale heist films to a Star Wars-esque plotline may have been jarring for many.

5 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Mr. Mendes have you seen Quantumania? I saw it on Thursday night, I enjoyed it a fair bit but the Wasp felt fairly ancillary for a title character dead2 Curious what you think of the movie since it seems surprisingly polarizing, although I get moving from two smaller scale heist films to a Star Wars-esque plotline may have been jarring for many.

I have not seen it and have no idea when I will. I have never cared for Ant-Man. I have however seen Titanic twice this week.