Daenerys

General Film and TV Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Daenerys said:

Empire > A New Hope > Revenge > Force Awakens > Return of the Jedi > Attack of the Clones > Phantom Menace

I have literally only watched The Last Jedi once I think so I can't put it in my ranking. Can't believe I haven't rewatched it, but I remember liking it. Rogue One was excellent too, but I don't really consider it to be ranked since it's not REALLY the Skywalker Saga. Solo gets so much hate, but I enjoyed it! It wasn't needed at all, but I still had fun and I obviously love Emilia Clarke so maybe that's why I stan dd rip4

what about you?

The Empire Strikes Back - 10

Star Wars - 10

Return of the Jedi - 9

The Phantom Menace - 8

The Force Awakens - 7.5

Revenge of the Sith - 6.5

Attack of the Clones - 6 

The Last Jedi - 5

Rogue One and Solo are both solid 8/10s as well, I'd probably put both somewhere between ROTJ and TPM. I've seen The Last Jedi twice; I enjoyed it the first time but it took quite a hit with the second viewing. I'm hoping that maybe once this trilogy is finished it will validate it more to me. There's things I like about it, but mostly I really dislike the comedic moments in that movie and Luke's characterization throughout most of the film rubs me the wrong way (but again, hopefully his portrayal in TROS will redeem him). I'm also distinctly not a fan of Reylo, and I think that film really dragged both characters down while I mostly liked them in The Force Awakens. I'm sure they won't just ignore that in the next film (and it would be weird if they did) but I do hope they don't ultimately end up together...

15 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Also @Daenerys do you ever go to screenings of older films? I saw Scrooged in a theatre (which I had to myself, better yet) a few hours ago and it was great fun tay6 

sadly no! the theater near me does them every Tuesday at 7pm but I work the next day so I have to go to bed early! it’s a shame too cause they play movies I’ve never seen before which I would love to experience first on the big screen giveup1 

20 hours ago, Daenerys said:

@Dennis Reynolds legend, have you ever watched the movie Atonement or read the book? Not sure if it's your cup of tea, but whew I highkey think it should have won Best Picture or AT LEAST Best Cinematography. 

Sorry, I saw this earlier but I've had a nutty day dead2 Recovering from losing my wallet yesterday and finishing Christmas shopping today! Fun, fun, fun!

I have not seen it, hadn't even heard of it actually but it sounds interesting. I did watch Rocketman recently, and rewatched Evolution as my enthusiasm for it in my aliens thread would indicate. 

47 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

@Divine queen you should go see Little Women oh yes

I remember watching one of the old ones years ago and not being too impressed given the love and praise it always got dead1 will need to check the new one out though seeing as how it has your approval! oh yes!

54 minutes ago, Divine said:

I remember watching one of the old ones years ago and not being too impressed given the love and praise it always got dead1 will need to check the new one out though seeing as how it has your approval! oh yes!

never watched the fad old ones gag1 maybe if they had Saoirse Ronan, Florence Pugh and Timothee Chalamet, they would be more loved gag1

3 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Anyone watching You? S2 is such a slay dead2 

I'm on EP4, definitely better than S1 in my opinion. I really do not know how to feel for Joe/Will. I kinda feel sorry for him but then again he murdered people so I like really don't know what to think of him. fall3 

Just now, Urbanov said:

I won’t I’m not a cunt but if you want to share opinions feel free to reply in this thread jj2 or maybe let’s make a separate thread jj2 maybe @Daenerys likes it too 

y'all talking about the You show? i actually haven't watched it yet! i intend to soon tho. tay6

9 minutes ago, Luca said:

Who do you prefer? Love or Beck? wendy1 

i think Love as of now? i like how they're opposites in some aspects of their personality, like Love isn't just completely falling for Will (we-) and she's actually giving him a bit of a hard time wendy1 but don't get me wrong Beck was also a bit of an icon wendy1

48 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

It’s great, give it a go tay1 

46 minutes ago, Luca said:

You should, season 2 is in my opinon better than season 1 as well! yas2 

44 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

oh hello fellow You stans wendy1 watched up to EP4 and i'm loving the new season omg

Y’all should definitely make a thread! @Maraj and @Divine also stan!