Daenerys

General Film and TV Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, Snow said:

RIGHT 💀💀💀 The writers were SO confused about what to do with her the whole time, like how is a big plot of her main story is literally "Tahani wants to be useful" like laughcry1

And she didn't even die??? She went and became an architect? I was some confused laughcry1 also her & her sister suddenly being besties? Or was that imagined? And how did Kamilah even die BEFORE both of her parents? There are just so many questions dead1

it's beyond me how even JASON got a fantastic ending but Tahani's was... that giveup1 nothing about her really made sense, maybe becoming an architect yeah but the reasons and the way she got there was very weird? rip4

11 hours ago, Hyun. said:

it's beyond me how even JASON got a fantastic ending but Tahani's was... that giveup1 nothing about her really made sense, maybe becoming an architect yeah but the reasons and the way she got there was very weird? rip4

Omg Jason's ending.. was so good giveup1 and they actually built up Chidi really well too I have to mention!? He went from bland to interesting real quick. His backstory is probably one of the better highlights of the season wub1

1 minute ago, Daenerys said:

HIGH FIDELITY ON HULU rose1 

I love the movie, and for better and for worse I identify a lot with the main character, so I wouldn't mind giving the show a look if I had Hulu dead2 Someday perhaps!

Speaking of boredom and a movie/show about someone who obsessively list things I was actually thinking about drafting up a new version of my top 25 favourite movies tay6 

33 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I love the movie, and for better and for worse I identify a lot with the main character, so I wouldn't mind giving the show a look if I had Hulu dead2 Someday perhaps!

Speaking of boredom and a movie/show about someone who obsessively list things I was actually thinking about drafting up a new version of my top 25 favourite movies tay6 

I’ve never seen the movie and after watching the show I don’t know if I will rip4 Zoe Kravitz being the main character was amazing so to watch a guys version would be annoying to me I think dd rip4 

oh we absolutely love that and you should do it juicy1 

4 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

I’ve never seen the movie and after watching the show I don’t know if I will rip4 Zoe Kravitz being the main character was amazing so to watch a guys version would be annoying to me I think dd rip4 

oh we absolutely love that and you should do it juicy1 

It sounds closer to the movie (or probably ultimately the book, I guess) than I thought it would be, they even kept the name of the main character Rob? rip4 But yeah I find the John Cusack version of the character quite relatable at least, and the movie's themes about self-reflection speak to me a lot.

Done it probably 2000 times but 2001 is imminent! rose1 

12 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

It sounds closer to the movie (or probably ultimately the book, I guess) than I thought it would be, they even kept the name of the main character Rob? rip4 But yeah I find the John Cusack version of the character quite relatable at least, and the movie's themes about self-reflection speak to me a lot.

Done it probably 2000 times but 2001 is imminent! rose1 

yes her name is Rob still! it kind of still is about all of that. her self reflecting on herself and her past relationships and future. it has some serious and comedic moments. a perfect blend giveup1 kinda want to rewatch it again already giveup1 and the episodes are only like 30 minutes so it's easy for a binge.

i can never make a list (well in a favorite order) like just making a list alphabetically maybe, but it's always like "but do i like it as much as this one?" i literally go crazy so i just can't rip4 but i'd be interested in yours oh YES rose1 

6 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

yes her name is Rob still! it kind of still is about all of that. her self reflecting on herself and her past relationships and future. it has some serious and comedic moments. a perfect blend giveup1 kinda want to rewatch it again already giveup1 and the episodes are only like 30 minutes so it's easy for a binge.

i can never make a list (well in a favorite order) like just making a list alphabetically maybe, but it's always like "but do i like it as much as this one?" i literally go crazy so i just can't rip4 but i'd be interested in yours oh YES rose1 

Yeah that's pretty much what the movie is, along with his obsession with pop culture being a big theme that I also relate to. I assume she's the same in the show but I'm probably worse than both of them honestly, I'm more like Abed on Community rip4 

I was wondering how you'd filled in the "Favourite Films" profile section on letterboxd, just checked. Four is a cruelly small (albeit aesthetically presentable) number, and I feel good about After Hours, Groundhog Day and The Thing being in there, but I've changed the fourth movie so many times rip4 Right now it's The Empire Strikes Back.

Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:

Yeah that's pretty much what the movie is, along with his obsession with pop culture being a big theme that I also relate to. I assume she's the same in the show but I'm probably worse than both of them honestly, I'm more like Abed on Community rip4 

I was wondering how you'd filled in the "Favourite Films" profile section on letterboxd, just checked. Four is a cruelly small (albeit aesthetically presentable) number, and I feel good about After Hours, Groundhog Day and The Thing being in there, but I've changed the fourth movie so many times rip4 Right now it's The Empire Strikes Back.

she's not super into pop culture, but mostly music.... obviously probably just like the movie. but music is basically the huge key in the show and her life.

CHOOSING 4 IS SO HARD.... Gone Girl would be probably top 5. La La Land will always remain #1 most likely while the others could all switch around. It's hard too because like i absolutely LOVED Little Women and Knives Out, but in a top 4 perspective, I wouldn't put them even tho they're like right near that area of love. rip4 i hate it rip4

4 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

she's not super into pop culture, but mostly music.... obviously probably just like the movie. but music is basically the huge key in the show and her life.

CHOOSING 4 IS SO HARD.... Gone Girl would be probably top 5. La La Land will always remain #1 most likely while the others could all switch around. It's hard too because like i absolutely LOVED Little Women and Knives Out, but in a top 4 perspective, I wouldn't put them even tho they're like right near that area of love. rip4 i hate it rip4

Yeah it's mostly music but there is some talk of movies/other pop culture in the film version.

Sometimes after initially seeing it it can be hard to tell whether is truly a new favourite of mine or if I'm still in the rhapsody of how much I loved the first viewing, especially if it was in the theatre. Or sometimes it can be the opposite, where I initially just like the movie and I keep being drawn back to it.

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Daenerys I think I have three episodes of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt to go and I'm gonna go see The Invisible Man tomorrow, what are you into? nicki5 

omg Kimmy Schmidt... one of the cutest shows and so funny giveup1 You're gonna have to let me know how you like The Invisible Man... the way I thought it was gonna be absolute GARBAGE from the trailer, but it's gotten great reviews nicki5

I started Hunters last week, but took a break from it cause had to work a long week. Might start it up again in a bit. brit16

31 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

omg Kimmy Schmidt... one of the cutest shows and so funny giveup1 You're gonna have to let me know how you like The Invisible Man... the way I thought it was gonna be absolute GARBAGE from the trailer, but it's gotten great reviews nicki5

I started Hunters last week, but took a break from it cause had to work a long week. Might start it up again in a bit. brit16

I always wanted to see it, this path is way more interesting than that shared universe they had hoped to start with Tom Cruise's Mummy movie nicki5 Also starter Santa Clarita Diet, which is fucking hilarious but I'm only three episodes in.

That show sounds good, would be a good way to justify my Prime membership outside of mostly shipping rip2 

Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:

I always wanted to see it, this path is way more interesting than that shared universe they had hoped to start with Tom Cruise's Mummy movie nicki5 Also starter Santa Clarita Diet, which is fucking hilarious but I'm only three episodes in.

That show sounds good, would be a good way to justify my Prime membership outside of mostly shipping rip2 

have you ever watched Fleabag? it's a super short series. it's hilarious and also on Amazon Prime... brit16

2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I know what it is but no, I plan to though. I think I've just used it for Good Omens and this one movie Harbinger Down rip2 

You definitely should, I think it's 12 episodes total each about 30 minutes. So it goes by super fast brit16 was Good Omens good? saw it advertised, but didn't really know the premise or anything.

9 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

You definitely should, I think it's 12 episodes total each about 30 minutes. So it goes by super fast brit16 was Good Omens good? saw it advertised, but didn't really know the premise or anything.

Yeah, it's pretty good. It's about an angel and a demon who have known each other for millennia and been living on Earth for so long they've gotten used to it, so when they find out the Antichrist is going to fulfill his destiny soon they try to prevent his rise. Tonally it's very Douglas Adams/Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy like rip2 

43 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Yeah, it's pretty good. It's about an angel and a demon who have known each other for millennia and been living on Earth for so long they've gotten used to it, so when they find out the Antichrist is going to fulfill his destiny soon they try to prevent his rise. Tonally it's very Douglas Adams/Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy like rip2 

hmm! i have a flight next week, so i might download an episode or two of that and Hunters to watch... and possibly Killing Eve to start a rewatch of that juicy1