Daenerys

General Film and TV Discussion Thread

Normal People on Hulu... wow. One of the best limited series I've watched. The two leads were phenomenal and had such amazing chemistry with each other. I read the book a few months ago and I really didn't think Daisy Edgar Jones could play Marianne, but she blew it out of the park. Paul Mescal was great too and in episode 10 was heartbreaking. 

I would love for this to come and swoop in and take everything in the Limited Series categories at the Emmys. The writing and acting were top notch. The ending of the series made me love the book WAY more than when I first read it.

23 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

honestly NOTHING... i'm not motivated to watch/do anything it's sad dead1 i really just keep up with Killing Eve/listen to music and that's it, what about you? tay6 

I'm on kind of a Western kick, there seem to be some good/at least interesting sounding ones on Prime Video so I'm finally really using it for something beyond shipping. On that and related I'm pretty well into the first season of Justified, which I mainly like for the main character and the style of humor.

Haven't seen that show but it sounds interesting enough, I heard that jodie1 might play Furiosa in a Mad Max prequel the other day.

On 5/20/2020 at 5:40 PM, Dennis Reynolds said:

I'm on kind of a Western kick, there seem to be some good/at least interesting sounding ones on Prime Video so I'm finally really using it for something beyond shipping. On that and related I'm pretty well into the first season of Justified, which I mainly like for the main character and the style of humor.

Haven't seen that show but it sounds interesting enough, I heard that jodie1 might play Furiosa in a Mad Max prequel the other day.

have we talked about this before... have you ever watched Westworld on HBO? it's western, but with a futuristic twist. Season 1 is phenomenal. I've seen a bunch of shows that I want to start, but I just can't find the motivation for it. I watched Hollywood S1 and Dead To Me S2 recently, but those are 30 minute episodes so it's easy. 

YES! i read that too, i definitely think she can pull it off. jodie1 

51 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

have we talked about this before... have you ever watched Westworld on HBO? it's western, but with a futuristic twist. Season 1 is phenomenal. I've seen a bunch of shows that I want to start, but I just can't find the motivation for it. I watched Hollywood S1 and Dead To Me S2 recently, but those are 30 minute episodes so it's easy. 

YES! i read that too, i definitely think she can pull it off. jodie1 

You and I, I don't think so but @Hylia has brought it up to me before. The answer is no but I have seen the movie Westworld and its sequel, Futureworld.

I guess she also played Rey's mom for like 20 seconds in The Rise of Skywalker, must have been disappointing for anyone's that recognized her for her to appear and disappear that quickly rip2 

I've recently discovered all these amazing B-movies on Prime Video (Star Wars ripoffs, cheap sword and sorcery films, monster movies) so that service just paid for itself for the next five years at least rip2 

33 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

You and I, I don't think so but @Hylia has brought it up to me before. The answer is no but I have seen the movie Westworld and its sequel, Futureworld.

I guess she also played Rey's mom for like 20 seconds in The Rise of Skywalker, must have been disappointing for anyone's that recognized her for her to appear and disappear that quickly rip2 

I've recently discovered all these amazing B-movies on Prime Video (Star Wars ripoffs, cheap sword and sorcery films, monster movies) so that service just paid for itself for the next five years at least rip2 

Hylia the Westworld watching legend whit2

YES SHE DID dead1 she literally hugs kid Rey and i think she says something, but like i can't even remember what dead1 

Prime actually has a really good catalogue of things to watch! Have you ever watched the movie Annihilation? I just saw that it's on Prime and I feel like you might be interested in it tbh. 

6 minutes ago, Hylia said:

Omg thoughts? juicy1 

Spoiler

insanity of a season! i'm in love with the first half oh yes juicy1

tbh i was kinda underwhelmed with the second half? i think the show set some crazy standards so this was kinda doomed from the start, but idk, the way Caleb's plot resolved was actually quite predictable and not as shocking as they were setting it up to be, when it happened it was like "oh alright, what's next" instead of me being super shocked like some past twists on the show juicy1

my main takeaway from the season overall is that i would've loved more world building, they cut two episodes and i don't think it was necessary? those two eps could be really about exploring this world controlled by an AI, how are people controlled? how do they choose who gets to do what? i wish we saw more of that bc that way the riots at the end would've felt like they actually made sense juicy1

it's not a bad season at all and i'm only nitpicking bc the show is THAT good, it's still one of my favorites ever juicy1 there were also really fantastic action sequences and i'm never mad at those! seeing Dolores and Maeve be complete boss bitches was super pleasing to me juicy1

very interested in Hale's plot now that the Dolores in her kinda evolved and she's in charge of Delos? also the man in black plot looks pretty interesting, i never personally cared about the character but them replacing him with a host is a power move juicy1 also wonder how much time passed while Bernard was in the other world bc that shit was DUSTY juicy1

cody don't open this rambling juicy1

27 minutes ago, Hyun. said:
  Hide contents

insanity of a season! i'm in love with the first half oh yes juicy1

tbh i was kinda underwhelmed with the second half? i think the show set some crazy standards so this was kinda doomed from the start, but idk, the way Caleb's plot resolved was actually quite predictable and not as shocking as they were setting it up to be, when it happened it was like "oh alright, what's next" instead of me being super shocked like some past twists on the show juicy1

my main takeaway from the season overall is that i would've loved more world building, they cut two episodes and i don't think it was necessary? those two eps could be really about exploring this world controlled by an AI, how are people controlled? how do they choose who gets to do what? i wish we saw more of that bc that way the riots at the end would've felt like they actually made sense juicy1

it's not a bad season at all and i'm only nitpicking bc the show is THAT good, it's still one of my favorites ever juicy1 there were also really fantastic action sequences and i'm never mad at those! seeing Dolores and Maeve be complete boss bitches was super pleasing to me juicy1

very interested in Hale's plot now that the Dolores in her kinda evolved and she's in charge of Delos? also the man in black plot looks pretty interesting, i never personally cared about the character but them replacing him with a host is a power move juicy1 also wonder how much time passed while Bernard was in the other world bc that shit was DUSTY juicy1

cody don't open this rambling juicy1

Spoiler

ALL TEA YES! juicy1 I was initially disappointed with the final episode cause I was devestated by Dolores Prime’s “death” and I assumed that meant no more EVR, but apparently she will still be in the show after all? So it grew on me! juicy1 

Episode 6 is an all time fave cause Halores went into bad bitch mode and we HAD to stan on that one. Basically any scene with her, Dolores, and/or Maeve was an instant classic, juicy1 

I do wish they would have done 10 episodes instead of 8 because even just Caleb trying to reach Incite for example could have been a whole episode where we see the extent of the riots. That length of the season is probably my biggest complaint cause like you said, more world building would have been a plus. juicy1 
The way we clowned (or at least I was) into thinking Halores would go IN on Serac after he killed Hale’s family, but she ended up turning on Dolores took my wig by STORM. The bits of dialogue between them in episode 8 left me shook and even though I love Dolores, I stanned! I’m so excited to see her as what I assume will be season 4’s villain. Caleb and Maeve should bring the OG back somehow cause Dolores vs Halores would be THAT snap. Evan Rachel Wood, Tessa Thompson, and Thandie Newton really BROUGHT it. juicy1 

14 hours ago, Daenerys said:

Hylia the Westworld watching legend whit2

YES SHE DID dead1 she literally hugs kid Rey and i think she says something, but like i can't even remember what dead1 

Prime actually has a really good catalogue of things to watch! Have you ever watched the movie Annihilation? I just saw that it's on Prime and I feel like you might be interested in it tbh. 

"Rey, be brave" apparently dead2 I wouldn't have thought such a minor character would be played by an actress who headlines a TV series.

Yeah, I saw that in theatres, loved it! Yeah, I kind of underestimated that service, I'm in no danger of running out of stuff I want to see on there rip2 Earlier I watched this movie Prophecy, which I thought would be entertaining enough for having a mutant bear as the main antagonist, but also has one amazing, ridiculous, awesome scene where a sinister logger and a Native American activist literally duel with a chainsaw and an axe over the fate of a tree rip2

On 5/20/2020 at 7:14 PM, Daenerys said:

honestly NOTHING... i'm not motivated to watch/do anything it's sad dead1 i really just keep up with Killing Eve/listen to music and that's it, what about you? tay6 

Any change or still stagnant? tay6 I've watched quite a lot of movies on Prime and am also near polishing off 30 Rock tay6 Miss the theatre tbh (not that I'd go if it was open right now).

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Any change or still stagnant? tay6 I've watched quite a lot of movies on Prime and am also near polishing off 30 Rock tay6 Miss the theatre tbh (not that I'd go if it was open right now).

Animal Crossing has taken over my life... i got it last week and i literally spend every moment playing it dead1 but i'm currently rewatching Will & Grace with my mom! still play Animal Crossing while watching tho dd tay6 Lately, I've been in the mood to rewatch a bunch of shows like The West Wing, Orphan Black and Game of Thrones (s1-6 hello! not touching those last two seasons!)  I'm missing the theater too, but like you, I don't see myself going for quite some time. 

Is it your first 30 Rock watch? I used to stan the show so hard years ago tay6 

23 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

Animal Crossing has taken over my life... i got it last week and i literally spend every moment playing it dead1 but i'm currently rewatching Will & Grace with my mom! still play Animal Crossing while watching tho dd tay6 Lately, I've been in the mood to rewatch a bunch of shows like The West Wing, Orphan Black and Game of Thrones (s1-6 hello! not touching those last two seasons!)  I'm missing the theater too, but like you, I don't see myself going for quite some time. 

Is it your first 30 Rock watch? I used to stan the show so hard years ago tay6 

Oh yeah, I've heard a lot about Animal Crossing but haven't played it myself, any of them for that matter. Was gonna suggest you make a thread and stir up some discussion on here since I kow we have some fans but apparentyly there already is one! tay6 https://fotpforums.com/topic/177684-animal-crossing-new-horizons-march-20-2020/?tab=comments#comment-1062894943

Still have season 1 of Orphan Black on Blu-ray, was thinking about watching that.

I saw season 1 for the first time a few years ago, then watched 2-4 last year I think and recently I picked it up again since it's all on Prime. I have 1-4 on DVD and I've rewatched a lot of episodes a fair bit, this joke especially makes me lose it rip4