Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Chris

if Kesha were to do an Xmas project..?

im aware weve had this discussion somewhere on FOTP before but,

If Kesha were to release some sort of holiday/Christmas album/ep/single/etc, what would you want on it?

i would like to see some sort of a short double disc ep that makes 2 separate stories. for example,

Side A: the Family side

1. Christmas is in the Air Again
  2. When Christmas Comes
  3. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
  4. Here Comes Santa Claus
  5. All I Want for Christmas is You
  6. ~original song about being with family~

Side B: the Religion side

1. O Holy Night
  2. We Three Queens/We Three Kings (whichever version shed want to record)
  3. Hark! the Herald Angels Sing
  4. ~some original song about Jesus being born~
  5. Silent Night
  6. Joy to the World

I think Kesha would stray away from religious songs imo. BUT! I really like your concept a lot especially with the two sides!

i would love her to do:

Sleigh Ride

Have Yourself...

Santa (daddy) Baby

Baby it’s cold outside [gender swapped] featuring Wrabel

White Christmas

Rocking Around the Christmas Tree

Jingle Bells/Rock

I Saw Pebe Kissing Santa Clause

With Bells On (Kenny Rogers cover) 

7 hours ago, Andy! said:

I think Kesha would stray away from religious songs

I wouldn't think so. She said that she feels more religious than before Rainbow era.  

3 hours ago, Chris Morlock said:

I wouldn't think so. She said that she feels more religious than before Rainbow era.  

Yes but I don’t really know that it’s Christianity that she feels inclined towards 

29 minutes ago, Recycled stardust said:

Considering Praying and RH I'm not so sure about that jj5

I’m not convinced either way jj5 I still think Christianity isn’t quite her cup of tea. Could be wrong through. I considered her more Buddhist than anything. 

50 minutes ago, Andy! said:

I’m not convinced either way jj5 I still think Christianity isn’t quite her cup of tea. Could be wrong through. I considered her more Buddhist than anything. 

Found an article that explains almost 100% of my point of view: https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2017/07/06/keshas-praying-references-a-god-worshiped-only-by-religious-nones/

In particular the last part:

There are going to be Christians who say, “That’s fine! I don’t believe in a Bearded Man in the Sky or a judgmental hateful God either!” But Kesha’s must-not-offend-anybody spirituality sounds like she’s firmly in the category of “Nones,” the demographic that includes a few atheists and Agnostics… and a whole bunch of people who believe there’s something out there. They can’t always describe it. They just know there’s something wrong with the God described by most organized religions, even if they’re not quite ready to abandon the concept entirely. So they just fit God into a box where He’s anything and everything they want Him to be.

It’s cafeteria Christianity. Or we can call it the Belief Buffet. Just take the stuff you like and ignore the stuff you don’t. It’s not intellectually rigorous, but it’s comforting to many.

That Jack of All Trades God, she sings, has gotten her through a very difficult time in her life. I prefer to think her own self-reliance and strength were more than enough. No need to look for guidance from above when everything you need is right in front of you.

21 minutes ago, Recycled stardust said:

Found an article that explains almost 100% of my point of view: https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2017/07/06/keshas-praying-references-a-god-worshiped-only-by-religious-nones/

In particular the last part:

That sounds like a lovely article! I guess the only way we’d know for sure is by asking her dead2 !askkesha

13 minutes ago, Okan said:

Best Day (Christmas Remix) jj2 

2 hours ago, idrk said:

birthday suit (Christmas remix) jj2

Reveal hidden contents

ari10

imagine a deconstructed ep but christmas mixes jj2 

3 hours ago, Moist Mahomie said:

I’d like a slutty banger about fucking a hot hunky Santa (not the old grey fat one)

And lots of other bangers I can slut drop to 

I’d like it in a Warrior sort of sound 

Dear Santa, Bring Me a Man by the AAA Girls.

2 hours ago, Moist Mahomie said:

I just checked it out, I like it.

I feel very gay now 

ari3

Check out their album Access All Areas too demi1

And then I you like that theres also The Shade of it All on Alaska Thunderfuck's album Anus and American Apparel Ad Girls on Willam's album Shartistry in Motion.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.