Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Chris

Miss Fame declines offer to work on a Justin Bieber music video

Miss Fame, the stunning drag queen and makeup mogul who appeared on season 7 of RuPaul's Drag Race, has accused Justin Bieber's team of tokenizing her talent after offering her only $500 to appear in his new music video.

“$500 wouldn’t cover a flight from NY to LA & not offering to pay for hair & styling means you expect that all to be included," she wrote on her Instagram story, explaining the situation. “If you want to involve LGBTQIA+ Artist in a JB music video, I suggest respectable compensation/rate for their (mine) time & talent."

Fame flat out rejected the idea of doing anything for exposure without proper compensation, especially considering Bieber's accumulated net worth of $265 million.

"I can’t pay my rent off of the ‘honour’ or ‘experience.’ Respectfully declining the offer," she wrote. “Respect people and celebrate what they contribute. If you request my services, pay my rate. I have bills to pay. This is directed at all brands, houses, industries that are attempting to look good for the gay dollar bot not actually investing in us.... You do not have permission to tokenise my talent, my queerness is not a trend."

According to PinkNews, Bieber's team has responded and said the "Sorry" singer was not involved with the casting process or the pay rate. The director of the music video, who identifies as part of the LGBTQ+ community, envisioned casting Miss Fame but apparently couldn't envision her proper pay rate. All talent was offered the same amount of money for the shoot.

Is it too late now to say sorry?

screenshots

Spoiler

miss-fame-justin-bieber-instagram-1-750x1204.jpgmiss-fame-justin-bieber-instagram-2-750x1123.jpgmiss-fame-justin-bieber-instagram-3-750x1013.jpg

https://www.pride.com/celebrities/2019/11/15/justin-bieber-offered-drag-queen-just-500-be-his-new-video

Ok this bitch probably has enough money to do all the things she's saying can't be done with the $500 pay rate.

What was her role in the MV going to be? A cameo? A full feature with vocals on the song? What? Just because she's LGBT with "talent" doesn't mean she gets to go around calling people out for not offering her the amount she THINK she should be paid. That's just being entitled, and quite frankly, this will look bad to others who may want a member of the LGBT to appear in their projects.

Maybe $500 isn't a lot to her, but it could be for other drag queens who haven't been on a highly popular show, who aren't well known makeup "moguls" and so on and so forth.

Good, let someone else who isn't an entitled cunt and doesn't think they're too good for a music video CAMEO have the role.

10 hours ago, trashbanjo said:

Ok this bitch probably has enough money to do all the things she's saying can't be done with the $500 pay rate.

What was her role in the MV going to be? A cameo? A full feature with vocals on the song? What? Just because she's LGBT with "talent" doesn't mean she gets to go around calling people out for not offering her the amount she THINK she should be paid. That's just being entitled, and quite frankly, this will look bad to others who may want a member of the LGBT to appear in their projects.

Maybe $500 isn't a lot to her, but it could be for other drag queens who haven't been on a highly popular show, who aren't well known makeup "moguls" and so on and so forth.

Good, let someone else who isn't an entitled cunt and doesn't think they're too good for a music video CAMEO have the role.

Except for $500 really wouldn’t cover how much it would cost her to get to the set and get ready. I think it’s super disrespectful on their end to do that. Like really? Why would she wanna spend her own money just to make a cameo, just so JB can fit in and be “supportive.”

13 hours ago, trashbanjo said:

Completely disagree. Unjust compensation, unpaid internships, underpayment for contract workers / artists just for “experience” or “exposure” are all rampant problems throughout the creative industries. $500 is pity change for someone of Miss Fame’s stature. The whole mentality that you should accept any payment with gratitude without fighting for yourself and the rate you deserve as a creative artist or performer is bullshit oprah8 

and like you said, $500 may be a good rate for an unknown drag queen, but this is not an unknown drag queen... this is Miss Fame, who is very well known, and is a makeup mogul and can earn thousands easily for a showing and is able to command a higher fee given her reputation and stature. Lowballing like this isn’t speaking to her being entitled if she actually is able to command a higher fee, it’s speaking to the lack of respect from those asking her to do the job. brit4 

ok so update, apparently it was the direcrector (who's apparently part of the LGBTQ+ community)'s choice for hiring people for the video.

jb had nothing directly to do with this.

On 11/21/2019 at 12:21 AM, trashbanjo said:

On 11/18/2019 at 7:37 PM, Chris Morlock said:

“$500 wouldn’t cover a flight from NY to LA & not offering to pay for hair & styling means you expect that all to be included," she wrote on her Instagram story, explaining the situation. “If you want to involve LGBTQIA+ Artist in a JB music video, I suggest respectable compensation/rate for their (mine) time & talent."

her point is very valid and should not be read as "entitled cunt" jj4 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.