Sign in to follow this  

Lana Del Rey is nominated for TWO Grammys!

Jake    16,520

Album of the Year for Norman Fucking Rockwell! & Song of the Year for Norman fucking Rockwell! I'm SO proud of her giveup1 

Madonna    39,589

So many good nominees but I think she might have a realistic chance at winning at least one of them. 

Americunt    16,293
6 minutes ago, Madonna said:

So many good nominees but I think she might have a realistic chance at winning at least one of them. 

She's a major long shot for SOTY. The last SOTY winner that didn't hit #1 on the Hot 100 was over a decade ago.

I actually do think she has a chance at AOTY, though. Lana's in a better position than most of them by having released towards the end of the eligibility window, making her fresher in the minds of voters. Competition isn't quite as stiff this year, as compared to the last few.

Ghostface    7,662

This feel surreal. Not that is important, but it is nice to see she is getting recognized across the general field. 

Norman Fuck!ng Rockwell's scenario is so similar to Melodrama's and Dirty Computer's as in getting nomination for the biggest award, but I guess Lana saw even greater support from the voters considering her Album of the Year nomination is backed up with another general field nomination, so she could possibly positively surprise. jj2

Hunty Bear    11,839

this is so surreal! I doubt she'll win but it's so vindicating to see her being recognized at last (even though the Grammy's are meaningless)! I actually can't believe Norman fucking Rockwell, of all songs, was nominated for SOTY though jj4 I think both awards are definitely a long shot with both Lizzo and Billie already having been nominated in both categories tbh

also how the fuck was Lil Nas X nominated for AOTY? ALBUM OF THE YEAR? over IGOR, When I Get Home, etc.? it literally wasn't even an album, let alone a good one rip4 

Merryem    6,990

the AOTY noms are a JOKE this year but glad lana snatched one, she really deserves

Slasher    19,369

SOTY for NFR is so confusing to me. brit15 Honestly, I hope she snatches AOTY. It would be so cool to see her win it over the others. Do I have high hopes for that? No, but.. sia2 

Urbanov    46,900
6 hours ago, Slasher said:

SOTY for NFR is so confusing to me. brit15 Honestly, I hope she snatches AOTY. It would be so cool to see her win it over the others. Do I have high hopes for that? No, but.. sia2 

The Greatest should be nominated 

Slasher    19,369
17 hours ago, Urbanov said:

The Greatest should be nominated 

While I don't think it would win, I definitely think it might've actually had a chance. NFR is so ... brit15 to me. brit15 

jeg815    35

that was fast, she took a HUGE jump.