Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Jake

Lana Del Rey is nominated for TWO Grammys!

6 minutes ago, Madonna said:

So many good nominees but I think she might have a realistic chance at winning at least one of them. 

She's a major long shot for SOTY. The last SOTY winner that didn't hit #1 on the Hot 100 was over a decade ago.

I actually do think she has a chance at AOTY, though. Lana's in a better position than most of them by having released towards the end of the eligibility window, making her fresher in the minds of voters. Competition isn't quite as stiff this year, as compared to the last few.

This feel surreal. Not that is important, but it is nice to see she is getting recognized across the general field. 

Norman Fuck!ng Rockwell's scenario is so similar to Melodrama's and Dirty Computer's as in getting nomination for the biggest award, but I guess Lana saw even greater support from the voters considering her Album of the Year nomination is backed up with another general field nomination, so she could possibly positively surprise. jj2

this is so surreal! I doubt she'll win but it's so vindicating to see her being recognized at last (even though the Grammy's are meaningless)! I actually can't believe Norman fucking Rockwell, of all songs, was nominated for SOTY though jj4 I think both awards are definitely a long shot with both Lizzo and Billie already having been nominated in both categories tbh

also how the fuck was Lil Nas X nominated for AOTY? ALBUM OF THE YEAR? over IGOR, When I Get Home, etc.? it literally wasn't even an album, let alone a good one rip4 

6 hours ago, Slasher said:

SOTY for NFR is so confusing to me. brit15 Honestly, I hope she snatches AOTY. It would be so cool to see her win it over the others. Do I have high hopes for that? No, but.. sia2 

The Greatest should be nominated 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.