Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Slasher

Ryan Murphy confirms early series fan favorites will return for possible last season of AHS!

So is season 10 set in space? Or you’re keeping mum?

I’m keeping mum. It would be hard because it’s called American Horror Story and you’d have to stay within the legal soil limits in order to make that work. We’re working on an idea for season 10 that I think people will love because it’s about reuniting fan-favorite actors to come back — because it might be our last season. It’s the last season we have contracted. So, I’ve been quietly reaching out to various people. Some people I haven’t reached out to yet because I was like ‘Do I have a role for them?’ So far, everybody I reached out to said ‘Yes’, so that’s been great.

So, Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters — will they be back?

Too soon to tell, but I’ll just sort of say, the people who helped build this show into what it is, who believed in it from the beginning, have been contacted and are interested. So if you look at the iconography of the first three seasons, you can figure who I’ve gone to and who might be coming back. I’m always surprised, it’s such a hard show to do. Season 9 has been really interesting. It’s the season that has gotten the best reviews. Going into its 10th season, it’s never been more popular. If you look at the worldwide numbers between the FX airing and the live+35 day airing, and you add up the streaming, every year, it grows, and grows and grows and this year that cumulative add has been our most popular season and our most critically hailed. So, it’s always a show that surprises me. I’m surprised that the actors who are in it, love doing it. It’s so hard to make. This season was very hard because it had so many night shoots. But everyone wants to come back and the fans out pour their love for it. It’s No. 1 on Twitter. I’m excited about season 10 like I was excited about this year. I worked really hard on it. It was deeply embedded in my childhood and in Brad’s.

x

Give me Evan. clap1 Give me Sarah. clap1 Give me Lily. clap1 Give me Frances. clap1 Give me Kathy. clap1 Give me Angela. clap1 Give me Finn. clap1 Give me Matt. clap1 Give me Cody. clap1 

And give me either Jessica or Gaga. clap1 (preferably both, but I doubt that will happen.) aura1 

If you're gonna go out, go out with a bang! sass1 

AHS won't end after s10. Someone will scoop them up or theyll sign a new contract.ari11 AHS views are still strong considering its in its 9th season.

Lange's problem is that she doesn't know half of the new cast, as she stated in an interview,  this will probably open her up more to working on the show post-s10.

1 hour ago, trashbanjo said:

AHS won't end after s10. Someone will scoop them up or theyll sign a new contract.ari11 AHS views are still strong considering its in its 9th season.

Lange's problem is that she doesn't know half of the new cast, as she stated in an interview,  this will probably open her up more to working on the show post-s10.

The gag of her pretty much stating all of the reputable actors and actresses of AHS have left and a bunch of meh actors and actresses tried to fill in the gap. rip3 She's not wrong though! Going from Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, etc. to Gus Kenworthy and Billy Eichner? Disgraceful. mad5 

There have been better shows that had less seasons, because of success or whatever. People want good shows, but when you serve them, they would rather watch generic shows. That is a shame.

AHS recycles the same stuff for a long time. It is hard to believe that AHS 1984 was the most critically acclaimed season. jj3 

Ryan said that witches would be back again, so maybe the next season will be about them. Probably it was just an idea and a wish for some season, but since he claims the next season could be the last, maybe he would rather do something new.

I want Cody and Finn.

Frances Conroy too. She was brilliant as a witch.

On 1/3/2020 at 10:31 AM, SeekingThrill said:

There have been better shows that had less seasons, because of success or whatever. People want good shows, but when you serve them, they would rather watch generic shows. That is a shame.

AHS recycles the same stuff for a long time. It is hard to believe that AHS 1984 was the most critically acclaimed season. jj3 

Ryan said that witches would be back again, so maybe the next season will be about them. Probably it was just an idea and a wish for some season, but since he claims the next season could be the last, maybe he would rather do something new.

I want Cody and Finn.

Frances Conroy too. She was brilliant as a witch.

coven was by far their worst season for me, don't get me wrong 80% of the seasons have been pretty bad and you're right about them recycling the same things. ryan murphy has always had a habit of finding new projects and neglecting the ones he's been working on. nip tuck was neglected and ended when he started glee. ahs was the show he gave love to when he neglected glee. then he found scream queens, which he neglected for american crime story. now he has 911 and 911: lone star. who knows what next. 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.