Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Jon.

AIWFCIY is the only Christmas song charting in the BB Hot 100 This Week

20 hours ago, Princess Aurora said:

Impressive rih1 even though I feel like this song will be on the #1 spot this year dead2 

I mean, it's bout time this iconic song reaches #1 in the US (and the UK where it got fucked over by that Ava Max song!)

15 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Where's my girl Last Christmas? There's a fucking movie promoting it rn dead2 

Wow, I lowkey forgot that Last Christmas has a movie backing ngl dead2

14 hours ago, Darth Sidious said:

I think they might be able to get it #1 this year, if my memory serves me correctly, this is the fastest rise it’s ever had. 

Yeah, the streams have been racking up a little. Although from what I've seen, the rise in some platforms is a little slower. Still, last year, Thanksgiving already happened during this time period so ig we'll see a much significant increase in the next few days.

5 hours ago, HninSi said:

I thought several Xmas songs were charting on Hot 100 this week. Slay queen.

Ikr same

3 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

Wait, Ava Max is #1 in the UK? brit14

She was last year yeah. Mariah missed the top spot in the UK bc of their chart rules like... dead2

To think she lost out by 152 sales bc of UK's chart rules just shows the POWER pokfkdspfkos. Without the chart rules, Mariah would have double of what Ava had in terms of combined sales easily that week

--

After missing out on the 2018 Christmas Number 1 last week, Sweet But Psycho climbs a place to top the final singles chart of 2018 with 65,000 combined sales, including 7 million streams.

Meanwhile, Mariah Carey’s All I Want For Christmas Is You has to settle for the Number 2 spot for the third time in its 24-year history. After famously losing out on the Christmas Number 1 to East 17’s Stay Another Day in 1994, the song returned to its Number 2 peak in 2017 and does so again this year.

Mariah lost out on the top spot by just 152 combined sales, but she does set a new UK chart record for most streams in a week, racking up 15.3 million plays over the last seven days. The figure overtakes Ariana Grande's 14.9 million streams for thank u, next earlier this month.

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/ava-max-claims-her-first-number-1-with-sweet-but-psycho-on-the-official-singles-chart__25251/

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.