Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

TomTom

"Raising Hell" & "TiK ToK" live at the 2019 AMAs (official performance)

Good show, but shit venue. She needs to take the celebrity culture less seriously tbh. She's just being used by all the RWSM and their friends to make the industry seem progressive when it really isn't. Why does she care about Grammies and AMAs? Why isn't she more openly critical of the entertainment industry and Hollywood as a whole? Boggles my mind. Is she doing it to affect change and just playing the game as means to do so or does she still need that validation that's really bought, rather than earn't by real talent (hence preforming her biggest commercial hit produced by her industry based abuser)? If the Grammies weren't a sham, Praying would've won, but it didn't - so where does she think playing along will get her? 

I really like Lily Allen and Marilyn Manson for many similar reasons to why I like Kesha. They seem to get the industry stuff and have a balance, but Kesha seems lost to me. Like what about the fact, that no one really gave a shit about her court or took her seriously case until #MeToo, when there really should've been more of a riot about her case? Her balls could be bigger TBH. She should point out the hypocrisies and yet she barely does. Be a motherfucking woman and stand up for yourself, people will resonate and you have enough influence to make a difference. She may be waiting til her legal troubles are over, but c'mon - she could totally do more.

On 11/28/2019 at 7:01 AM, Sheezus said:

Good show, but shit venue. She needs to take the celebrity culture less seriously tbh. She's just being used by all the RWSM and their friends to make the industry seem progressive when it really isn't. Why does she care about Grammies and AMAs? Why isn't she more openly critical of the entertainment industry and Hollywood as a whole? Boggles my mind. Is she doing it to affect change and just playing the game as means to do so or does she still need that validation that's really bought, rather than earn't by real talent (hence preforming her biggest commercial hit produced by her industry based abuser)? If the Grammies weren't a sham, Praying would've won, but it didn't - so where does she think playing along will get her? 

I really like Lily Allen and Marilyn Manson for many similar reasons to why I like Kesha. They seem to get the industry stuff and have a balance, but Kesha seems lost to me. Like what about the fact, that no one really gave a shit about her court or took her seriously case until #MeToo, when there really should've been more of a riot about her case? Her balls could be bigger TBH. She should point out the hypocrisies and yet she barely does. Be a motherfucking woman and stand up for yourself, people will resonate and you have enough influence to make a difference. She may be waiting til her legal troubles are over, but c'mon - she could totally do more.

Give her a break. She'd been through a lot and she seems to want an era to let completely loose and just don't give a flying fuck about anything but happiness. 

On 12/1/2019 at 3:17 PM, Chris Morlock said:

Give her a break. She'd been through a lot and she seems to want an era to let completely loose and just don't give a flying fuck about anything but happiness. 

If you have a platform, you should use it responsibly. That's all I have to say about that.

6 minutes ago, Sheezus said:

If you have a platform, you should use it responsibly. That's all I have to say about that.

she did for the last era. let her have some slack this era

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.