Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ruthless Love

The Pussycat Dolls Announce 2020 Reunion Tour

• 5 April – Dublin, 3 Arena
  • 6 April – Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
  • 8 April – Birmingham, Arena
  • 9 April – Nottingham, Motorpoint Arena
  • 11 April – Glasgow, The SSE Hydro
  • 12 April – Newcastle, Utilita Arena
  • 14 April – Manchester, Arena
  • 15 April – Leeds, First Direct Arena
  • 17 April – London, The O2
11 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

Shame, indeed. Boo those bitches. Let's stan Suga instead!

I don't think Sugababes have been here since like 2003 and that was just for a Pop Idol radio event thing. sksjsks

PCD kicked off their Doll Domination Tour here on the 18th of January 2009 though. With Lady Gaga as the opening act. brit15

Still Suga have the better music (besides Don't Cha) and they actually sang not just one of them soooo. 

6 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

I don't think Sugababes have been here since like 2003 and that was just for a Pop Idol radio event thing. sksjsks

PCD kicked off their Doll Domination Tour here on the 18th of January 2009 though. With Lady Gaga as the opening act. brit15

Still Suga have the better music (besides Don't Cha) and they actually sang not just one of them soooo. 

I saw them when they opened for Britney, alongside the Big Apple Circus, haha.

They have a few classics and all that, but will people care? Like, the gays grew up and moved on brit15

This group has always been so blatantly Nicole and her backup dancer (dancers, not even backing singers) that it's kinda... cringe. brit15

But if this means a few more bops are coming, why not brit15

15 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

They have a few classics and all that, but will people care? Like, the gays grew up and moved on brit15

This group has always been so blatantly Nicole and her backup dancer (dancers, not even backing singers) that it's kinda... cringe. brit15

But if this means a few more bops are coming, why not brit15

I think that's why the tour might be only in the UK and maybe some dates in the US.

I mean, if they DELIVER I'm sure they'll have the gays back them up again.

3 hours ago, Normani said:

I think that's why the tour might be only in the UK and maybe some dates in the US.

I mean, if they DELIVER I'm sure they'll have the gays back them up again.

3 hours ago, Freaky Prince said:

I'm not sure, they might, but not enough to keep this going brit15

Nicole (the only one who's still got any hint of relevance) is a much bigger celebrity in the UK than she is in the US, her solo career reflects that too. "Poison", "Right There", "Your Love" were all big hits, while "Don't Hold Your Breath" was huge. It's a shame she didn't do more with her solo career as she could've easily been claiming more hits. So i'm not surprised they're kicking off here.

I think if they were to add some of Nicole's Solo songs in to the set list then it would help. Although the issue is more the fact that Nicole is the only one who ever really sang during PCD. Perhaps they could throw in a new song or a cover. 

In no particular order they should do, (obviously they could add other songs but this is just the list that i'd say is a must)...

• Don't Cha (should be at the end of the show)
  • Stickwitu
  • Beep
  • Buttons
  • When I Grow Up
  • Jai Ho!
  • Poison 
  • Don't Hold Your Breath

That aside the only other PCD i can name off the top of my head is Ashley Roberts. I know of Melody but that's only because of the Buttons performance at the AMAs. I think the issue they might have is that they're only remembered for Don't Cha. The rest of their songs (well the ones listed above) are remembered, but if you heard them on the radio you wouldn't think straight away that it's a PCD song. 

5 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Nicole (the only one who's still got any hint of relevance) is a much bigger celebrity in the UK than she is in the US, her solo career reflects that too. "Poison", "Right There", "Your Love" were all big hits, while "Don't Hold Your Breath" was huge. It's a shame she didn't do more with her solo career as she could've easily been claiming more hits. So i'm not surprised they're kicking off here.

I think if they were to add some of Nicole's Solo songs in to the set list then it would help. Although the issue is more the fact that Nicole is the only one who ever really sang during PCD. Perhaps they could throw in a new song or a cover. 

In no particular order they should do, (obviously they could add other songs but this is just the list that i'd say is a must)...

• Don't Cha (should be at the end of the show)
  • Stickwitu
  • Beep
  • Buttons
  • When I Grow Up
  • Jai Ho!
  • Poison 
  • Don't Hold Your Breath

That aside the only other PCD i can name off the top of my head is Ashley Roberts. I know of Melody but that's only because of the Buttons performance at the AMAs. I think the issue they might have is that they're only remembered for Don't Cha. The rest of their songs (well the ones listed above) are remembered, but if you heard them on the radio you wouldn't think straight away that it's a PCD song. 

I see what you're saying. I don't think it's a problem of the GP remembering their songs, because that'll happen if you're 20 or older and you like pop music. My worry is that they might not have as much of a loyal fanbase as, let's say, the Spice Girls. I also think they might switch it up and have more group members sing.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.