The Pussycat Dolls reunite and perform new song 'React' at X-factor

ajp    9,435

Nicole and her backup singers were very entertaining nicki4

RoleModel    462
3 minutes ago, ajp said:

Nicole and her backup singers were very entertaining nicki4

I really hoped the others would sing as well this time. 

Hunty Bear    11,832

they didn't miss a beat bebe1 these women are going on 40 and they can still dance like that...couldn't be me bebe1 

Maraj    66,887

This was amazing and they also look so good omg. I do hope they give the other girls lines this time around for their new era. giveup1 

I purposefully watched before reading the replies here. I really liked it tbh, clearly there was some sort of audio issue (there always is on these sorts of shows) but the girls still have it, the fact they're pushing 40 yet still dance better than most 20s pop girls. The new song sounds really good. 

3 hours ago, RoleModel said:

I really hoped the others would sing as well this time. 

I didn't think most of them besides Nicole (and Ashley?) can sing. Anyway they slayyed. 

28 minutes ago, Sheezus said:

Capitalist bullshit.

Just because your local fave needed a John Lewis advert to be relevant after her 2nd album. PCD are back and here to slay. 

Sheezus    8,760
21 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Just because your local fave needed a John Lewis advert to be relevant after her 2nd album. PCD are back and here to slay. 

PCD are negative role models for young boys and girls and are literally just presented as sex objects with nothing to say. It's gross.

3 minutes ago, Sheezus said:

PCD are negative role models for young boys and girls and are literally just presented as sex objects with nothing to say. It's gross.

I disagree, there's nothing wrong with being sexy. And their music isn't really aimed at Children anyway.  Anyway as if Lily is a good role model either... Just think about all those young kids who've asked what "Oh I lie here in the wet patch, in the middle of the bed, I'm feeling pretty damn hard done by, I spent ages needing bread" means. 

Sheezus    8,760
2 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

I disagree, there's nothing wrong with being sexy. And their music isn't really aimed at Children anyway.  Anyway as if Lily is a good role model either... Just think about all those young kids who've asked what "Oh I lie here in the wet patch, in the middle of the bed, I'm feeling pretty damn hard done by, I spent ages needing bread" means. 

There isn't anything wrong with being sexy. It's the impact it has on society at large and the intention behind the product. I've been listening to Lily Allen since I was about 7 and I barely understood what she was singing about. Whereas PCD is way more blunt and obviously problematic AF.

Compare:

to

And when Lily is using sex, it's mostly pointing out hypocrisies:

Not Fair is a total feminist anthem about how men should insure women that they are romantically involved with are sexually satisfied, instead of just getting their nut in and leaving their women in a state of sexual frustration. Really positive message.

Whereas:

Ruthless Love    3,473

My issue is that the girls (non-Nicole) complained that it was all Nicole's vocals... yet even in the new song, it's all Nicole. You would've thought they'd at least re-record the pre-recorded vocals, and just not lip to the entire thing. SMFH. The medley was cute, though.

Sheezus    8,760
41 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Also, unlike much of FOTP I don't care about album sales or awards that musicians get. I prefer to judge the music based on its actually quality and/or novelty appeal to me (hence me listening to Britney Spears). I'd respect artists more if they decided to boycott the VMAs and Grammys etc, because they're fake as fuck.

Interesting.....love me some Nicole, Carmit actually has a voice so she should’ve sang something.......we don’t need another jai ho situation 

38 minutes ago, Sheezus said:

Also, unlike much of FOTP I don't care about album sales or awards that musicians get. I prefer to judge the music based on its actually quality and/or novelty appeal to me (hence me listening to Britney Spears). I'd respect artists more if they decided to boycott the VMAs and Grammys etc, because they're fake as fuck.

The problem nowadays is that none of these artists actually have people who like them HOWEVER, industry clout will help them make this “smoke on mirrors” type of “fame”. As a youth myself.....I can’t get the appeal 

Moist Mahomie    347

OMG what a performance. I was totally LIVING through that! 

I put my tv on full volume when they performed.

It was fucking iconic as fuck and they are such sensational performers.

They’re the best girlband, omfg I love them so much. 

CHANEL #1    10,269

I can't at these hoes not performing Painted Windows, aka their best song ever um2