Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

MrAdamJay

Could Kim be the new IT girl?

You’re definition of a hit might be something else then the rest of the world rip4 but yes my queen IS the new it girl, she slays the entire world and she doesn’t need the charts period.

3 minutes ago, Royalty said:

You’re definition of a hit might be something else then the rest of the world rip4 but yes my queen IS the new it girl, she slays the entire world and she doesn’t need the charts period.

By hit I don't mean commerically all the time. ;) Yass I love her. She has really good songs. yas2 Her songs are addicting. 

I don't know. She's pretty popular in the LGBT community and many people know her or heard of her name somewhere on the Internet. However, She still needs a huge fanbase before being considered as an IT Girl. Therefore, I'd definitely say she's almost there. All she needs is a huge hit and better promotion. 

2 hours ago, Sheezus said:

She stands for nothing, but herself - I hope not. Isn't she just as bad for trans women as role model as Britney or PCD for all women? We need less binary looking representation. Not a privileged, rape apologist, right wing sympathising asshole. 

clap3

the fact that she gets a pass because of her so called bops equally terrifies and disgusts me. the mental gymnastics gays will go through these days to justify stanning a rape apologist... smh.

6 hours ago, Gabe. said:

clap3

the fact that she gets a pass because of her so called bops equally terrifies and disgusts me. the mental gymnastics gays will go through these days to justify stanning a rape apologist... smh.

And the fact that gays worship PCD, Britney, Paris Hilton,  and other artists - who are for the most part counter-progressive, don't break gender binary rules, don't write their own music, don't stand for anything except themselves, encourage objectification and never challenge social norms at all. Gays not being turned on by ...Baby One More Time, doesn't mean that we should be allowed to endorse a 16 year old Ms Spears being represented as she was in that school girl uniform. It's no wonder we live in a culture that pressures women to look and act prepubescent to attract men. It's really gross. vomit1

16 minutes ago, Sheezus said:

And the fact that gays worship PCD, Britney, Paris Hilton,  and other artists - who are for the most part counter-progressive, don't break gender binary rules, don't write their own music, don't stand for anything except themselves, encourage objectification and never challenge social norms at all. Gays not being turned on by ...Baby One More Time, doesn't mean that we should be allowed to endorse a 16 year old Ms Spears being represented as she was in that school girl uniform. It's no wonder we live in a culture that pressures women to look and act prepubescent to attract men. It's really gross. vomit1

but BOPS!!! cry1

34 minutes ago, Sheezus said:

Britney does write music though tina1 her first 3 albums or so not so much but she's made a lot of her own work. Also at that time Baby one more time came out that WAS challenging social norms, that video caused plenty of controversy. I wish you people made up your minds is it objectification or is it promoting women to be free in their own bodies ? tina1

9 minutes ago, ShutUpRae said:

Britney does write music though tina1 her first 3 albums or so not so much but she's made a lot of her own work. Also at that time Baby one more time came out that WAS challenging social norms, that video caused plenty of controversy. I wish you people made up your minds is it objectification or is it promoting women to be free in their own bodies ? tina1

Depends on the context; e.g. what the intentions behind the "sexual freedom" is. If it's just to exploit women as sex objects to pander to straight men for the profit of rich men, I think that's fucked up. On the other hand, we have women like Gaga who challenge the conservative expectations of put on women, by exposing her body, not for profit, but as a progressive move that she decided to do herself without $$$ intentions. 

Compare: 

To this: 

@Sheezus um we do not need to force people into non-binarity. I think most people are comfortable with expressing themselves within the binary system. 

She is a woman. She chooses how to express her femininity as a trans-woman. 

Attacking an artist because they choose to express themselves how they want to and not how you expect them to is somewhat hypocritical. 

If a singer wants to flash their arse on camera and rap/sing about how their pussy is still a very busy public transport system then let them do it. That's their choice, if it bothers you don't watch and/or don't pay attention. So long as they're not forcing others to do what they're doing i have no issue. We all should live in a free world where people are free to express and present themselves how they want, not how others want. 

I hate how (and i must say it specifically comes from Gays) people expect singers to speak out on random issues that have no connection to them. If the artist wants to speak out on an issue then that's fair enough let them, but there is nothing at all wrong with not speaking out - especially when it's an issue that has no relation to what they do. The brain dead would argue that Britneys Toxic video objectifies women, i disagree. What i see is a confident female expressing herself in the way she wants. If it bothers you then turn over the channel or stop watching! 

To answer the OP, probably not. It takes more than a good song to make it on the charts, i also think the fact she's a trans-woman puts her at a disadvantage as there's still loads of transphobic people around. She may stay relevant in the media and as a "indie artist" (whatever the fuck that even is these days), but i can't see her making it big. That said i would've said the same about Lizzo a year ago and look where she is now. And no i am not putting these woman down or saying their inferior, i'm just being realistic about how the general public tend to go. 

26 minutes ago, Madonna said:

@Sheezus um we do not need to force people into non-binarity. I think most people are comfortable with expressing themselves within the binary system. 

She is a woman. She chooses how to express her femininity as a trans-woman. 

This, if she wants to express herself as a woman then let her do that. I really don't understand the logic of people who expect her to push "non-binary trends" or whatever.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.