Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

MrAdamJay

Could Kim be the new IT girl?

9 hours ago, Madonna said:

@Sheezus um we do not need to force people into non-binarity. I think most people are comfortable with expressing themselves within the binary system. 

She is a woman. She chooses how to express her femininity as a trans-woman. 

9 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

This, if she wants to express herself as a woman then let her do that. I really don't understand the logic of people who expect her to push "non-binary trends" or whatever.

She doesn't have to be anything really, but she's basically hiding the fact that she's trans from the public, acquiring cis privilege and then occasionally virtue signalling to queer people for brownie points - when in reality she is not a pioneer or a real advocate. She was recently friendly with Blaire White (following her) for fuck sake. Kim does not give a shit about her trans brothers and sisters at all and is just exploiting them for money and attention.

Less binary representation is more important than trans Paris Hilton. Kim is not leading the trans community anywhere.

1 hour ago, Sheezus said:

She doesn't have to be anything really, but she's basically hiding the fact that she's trans from the public, acquiring cis privilege and then occasionally virtue signalling to queer people for brownie points - when in reality she is not a pioneer or a real advocate. She was recently friendly with Blaire White (following her) for fuck sake. Kim does not give a shit about her trans brothers and sisters at all and is just exploiting them for money and attention.

Less binary representation is more important than trans Paris Hilton. Kim is not leading the trans community anywhere.

Ummmmmm

She has literally given so many interviews in her home country, abroad, overseas during her teen years. I think she has earned the right to not wanting to talk about it for the rest of her life considering she has been in the public eye because of it for so long.

Why should trans people be non-binary when most of them literally want to be seen as part of the binary gender identities? dead2 Trans =/= Queer

I personally believe that non-binarity is pointless. It totally erases and obliterates the concept of "butch women" and "fem men" and claims that they should be non-binary because they are "not real women" or "real men". In that sense, non-binary people are more sexist than people with binary gender identities. They think each gender comes with a set of qualities and everyone who doesn't fit the box should be "gender-less". That is literally the very opposite of progressive. Instead, people should be more comfortable with bending gender norms within the binary system. Sort of how Harry Styles and Max Schneider do it, or how Prince and David Bowie did.

1 hour ago, Gabe. said:

ok, binary non binary etcetera

HOW DO KIM PETRAS STANS JUSTIFY HER DEFENDING AND CONTINUOUS WORK WITH DR LUKE?

well because kim's identity plays a factor into who will work with her as much as she doesn't want it too

she has said that record labels either wanted her to hide her trans identity, exploit it, or made her out to be a risky client because of it 

also she was introduced to luke by aaron joseph in 2014(the one who pushed this idea that kim has much more power over her collaborations than she really does)  and she basically hinted / stated that she's trapped in a publishing / distribution deal with luke who would most likely do everything in his power to ruin her career if she spoke out 

imo, if she was willingly working with luke and condoning his behavior then many of her collaborators would have issues with that (i.e. charli who hates luke)  and yes hollywood is the furthest thing from sunshine and happiness and maybe they don't care about her working with luke but i have a strong feeling that she's an exception because people like charli, ariana, etc. probably have more insight on her association with luke and know that its much more complex than her simply working with luke because she wants too

luke is known for stealing or sliding his way into writing credits (i.e. treasure island which azealia claims was produced by cirkut but because he worked for luke at the time, luke was given credits as well) and that may have been the case for her era 1 singles as well as the sophie collab

now i'm not saying that you should support kim because i get it, but there's much more to the story than just her willingly working with luke without understanding or caring about the ramifications of doing so 

On 12/4/2019 at 4:41 AM, Sheezus said:

Depends on the context; e.g. what the intentions behind the "sexual freedom" is. If it's just to exploit women as sex objects to pander to straight men for the profit of rich men, I think that's fucked up. On the other hand, we have women like Gaga who challenge the conservative expectations of put on women, by exposing her body, not for profit, but as a progressive move that she decided to do herself without $$$ intentions. 

Compare: 

To this: 

LMAO ARE YOU FOR REAL? GAGA NOT DOING IT FOR THE MONEY!?!!?!!? PLEEEEEEEASEEE I CAN'T dead4 the most DELUSIONAL post i've ever read on fotps ffs the levels y'all go to try and paint britney as a horrible artist. gaga didn't challenge anything on the applause video, that was her most DESPERATE for attention time. please, just say you hate britney for no reason and carry on, no need to say shit like this. i'm actually baffled at this 

On 12/4/2019 at 11:51 AM, Madonna said:

@Sheezus um we do not need to force people into non-binarity. I think most people are comfortable with expressing themselves within the binary system. 

She is a woman. She chooses how to express her femininity as a trans-woman. 

On 12/4/2019 at 12:23 PM, I Brings That Levity said:

Attacking an artist because they choose to express themselves how they want to and not how you expect them to is somewhat hypocritical. 

If a singer wants to flash their arse on camera and rap/sing about how their pussy is still a very busy public transport system then let them do it. That's their choice, if it bothers you don't watch and/or don't pay attention. So long as they're not forcing others to do what they're doing i have no issue. We all should live in a free world where people are free to express and present themselves how they want, not how others want. 

I hate how (and i must say it specifically comes from Gays) people expect singers to speak out on random issues that have no connection to them. If the artist wants to speak out on an issue then that's fair enough let them, but there is nothing at all wrong with not speaking out - especially when it's an issue that has no relation to what they do. The brain dead would argue that Britneys Toxic video objectifies women, i disagree. What i see is a confident female expressing herself in the way she wants. If it bothers you then turn over the channel or stop watching! 

To answer the OP, probably not. It takes more than a good song to make it on the charts, i also think the fact she's a trans-woman puts her at a disadvantage as there's still loads of transphobic people around. She may stay relevant in the media and as a "indie artist" (whatever the fuck that even is these days), but i can't see her making it big. That said i would've said the same about Lizzo a year ago and look where she is now. And no i am not putting these woman down or saying their inferior, i'm just being realistic about how the general public tend to go. 

This, if she wants to express herself as a woman then let her do that. I really don't understand the logic of people who expect her to push "non-binary trends" or whatever.

THIS clap4 

On 12/4/2019 at 9:23 PM, Sheezus said:

Do your research. 

On 12/5/2019 at 2:28 AM, worIdwideangeI said:

well because kim's identity plays a factor into who will work with her as much as she doesn't want it too

she has said that record labels either wanted her to hide her trans identity, exploit it, or made her out to be a risky client because of it 

also she was introduced to luke by aaron joseph in 2014(the one who pushed this idea that kim has much more power over her collaborations than she really does)  and she basically hinted / stated that she's trapped in a publishing / distribution deal with luke who would most likely do everything in his power to ruin her career if she spoke out 

imo, if she was willingly working with luke and condoning his behavior then many of her collaborators would have issues with that (i.e. charli who hates luke)  and yes hollywood is the furthest thing from sunshine and happiness and maybe they don't care about her working with luke but i have a strong feeling that she's an exception because people like charli, ariana, etc. probably have more insight on her association with luke and know that its much more complex than her simply working with luke because she wants too

luke is known for stealing or sliding his way into writing credits (i.e. treasure island which azealia claims was produced by cirkut but because he worked for luke at the time, luke was given credits as well) and that may have been the case for her era 1 singles as well as the sophie collab

now i'm not saying that you should support kim because i get it, but there's much more to the story than just her willingly working with luke without understanding or caring about the ramifications of doing so 

💖

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.