Create A Label: Season 12

hector 31,485
1 minute ago, Ronlop said:

Disco said he might already be paying for In Retrograde so are you sure?

yup it’s fine 

Graham-Norton.png

Kelly Visits Graham Norton | Paid | UK

Spoiler

Kelly Clarkson has just made her long-awaited comeback to the spotlight. She recently released her second-best-selling single yet, “Better Days,” only to step away from the public eye soon after its release. Over the next seven months, silence would follow and Kelly would retreat to be away with her family for personal reasons yet to be revealed to the general public. Now, she makes her arrival back on the scene with a bold new release – “Do You Still Think of Me?”. The track, which released this past Friday, harkens back to what Kelly originally set out to do in summer 2018 with the release of the 80s-tinged, “In the Night”. The LP it was originally intended for was shelved, however, due to Kelly not feeling satisfied with where the project was headed. Things are different now, and with Kelly finding new inspiration and direction for the album, things seem to be back on track. Now, Kelly sets out on a worldwide promotional campaign that involves TV appearances, performances, radio interviews, TV ads, and more. Kelly continues the ongoing promotional tour with an appearance on the UK’s “The Graham Norton Show” where she discussed new music and upcoming projects.

Well hello, Kelly! We’re so glad you’re here!
Thank you, Graham! I am so happy to be here. It has really been a minute!

Tell us, dear, what have you been up to the last months?
I took a lot of time off to just determine what the next direction for me was. I think that time off was really important because it helped me be able to unplug and not let anything influence me in one way or another. So, with that being said, I recorded a new album in that time and now you all are finally getting the first taste of it with “Do You Still Think of Me?”. Besides that, it was just a time for me to connect and really focus on being present with my family – my husband and my four kids.

My goodness – four kids! How do you balance family life like that along with being a pop star?
We have a village of people helping us, really. You know that saying, “it takes a village to raise a child”? It really is true. Brandon, my husband, manages myself and Blake Shelton, so we’re constantly on go and doing something. We bring our kids everywhere with us, so that really helps, and I have made it a point that I get to be the one to put them to bed every night. It is just sort of our routine. No matter what goes on during the way, the end of the day is always ours with the little ones. It took a few years to find a balance, and I still don’t think I have really perfected that, but that is just life, I guess.

Back to the new music. Let’s really talk about that. So, you dropped your last single, “Better Days”. It was a huge hit only then to step away to record more music. Tell me what the process behind that was.

I’m glad you asked that, because I know some of the fans are still confused. Basically, I was really struggling with direction and what I wanted the next album to be. I was putting a lot of pressure on myself to just get something out there after leaving my fans without something for so long. “Better Days” is a song I still am so proud of, and maybe one day the whole project it was for will come to fruition. Who knows? But I just knew that a full album for that song was not the right thing at the time. So I went back to the drawing board and just began writing music without any sort of idea of what it should be or follow. That’s how I got the record we are finishing up right now.

How exciting! And now let’s talk about the present – this new single, “Do You Still Think of Me?”. It is absolutely brilliant, Kelly. I must say!

Aw, well thank you so much! That really means a lot.

What made you think this was the best way to lead off into a new record?
Well, “Do You Still Think of Me?”, really helps introduce people to where we’re going with the next album. It is my tenth album, and I feel like with that being said, it needs to be something real special and real festive. We have a lot planned for it, and this single is just the beginning. The thought process behind it all is just to introduce people to the sound we’re going for – 80s New Wave/R&B. The whole record is a mix of sounds from the 80s – genuine sounds, that is. “Do You Still Think of Me?” just felt like it was the perfect way to segue into this new era. From the lyrics, to the production, and even the whole idea we have for the music video.. it all just seemed like the right way to go. We originally had another song picked out for the lead single even, but then I wrote “Do You Still Think of Me?”, and that’s when I just knew. I had everything in mind and I was like, “This is it. This is the one!”

Music video? Did I just hear that right? Can you tease anything with that?
[Laughs] You did! I really cannot say much right now. I hate to be such a tease with stuff like that. It seems so stereotypical from us artists, but it really is a thing. I have been really hard at work with it. We’re getting ready to shoot it, and I’ll just say it’s going to be quite the extravaganza. There’s some big things in the works with it too that I can’t really discuss because they’re not official or finalized yet.. but it’s going to be a lot of fun. I’m excited!

And before you go, Kelly, can you tell us how soon we might be getting the next album?
Right now we’re really focusing on getting the new single out to everyone. Like I said, the album we’re still finishing up. I have two songs left to finish, and then we’ll move on to making everything official. It is really my best album yet, I feel. It’s just very happy, light, and fun, which is something I have not been able to say about my past three albums, really. There’s still emotional depth to it, but it’s much more positive and celebratory.

Kelly then gave a performance of “Do You Still Think of Me?” for the TV show. Afterwards, Graham encouraged everyone to go buy and stream the new single.

@Ronlop Shawn's tour earnings

SHOW BY SHOW

Spoiler

LEG I: UNITED STATES

SEPTEMBER 10 | THE FORUM | INGLEWOOD, CALIFORNIA | 14.574

DIAMOND VIP (60) | GOLD VIP (80) | GENERAL ADMISSION (2.004) | SEATED (12.450)

TOTAL: $1,347,760 | SHAWN'S EARNINGS: $336,940

SEPTEMBER 13 | MGM GRAND GARDEN ARENA | LAS VEGAS, NEVADA | 13.488

DIAMOND VIP (60) | GOLD VIP (80) | GENERAL ADMISSION (1.890) | SEATED (11.578)

TOTAL: $1,258,720 | SHAWN'S EARNINGS: $314,680

SEPTEMBER 15 | AMERICAN AIRLINES ARENA | MIAMI, FLORIDA | 13.100

DIAMOND VIP (60) | GOLD VIP (80) | GENERAL ADMISSION (1.730) | SEATED (11.250)

TOTAL: $1,214,800 | SHAWN'S EARNINGS: $303,700

SEPTEMBER 17 | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN | NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK | 13.660

DIAMOND VIP (60) | GOLD VIP (80) | GENERAL ADMISSION (1,230) | SEATED (12.310)

TOTAL: $1,265,200 | SHAWN'S EARNINGS: $316,300

SEPTEMBER 19 | WELLS FARGO CENTER | PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA | 13.670

DIAMOND VIP (60) | GOLD VIP (80) | GENERAL ADMISSION (1.300) | SEATED (12.230)

TOTAL: $1,264,300 | SHAWN'S EARNINGS: $316,075

LEG II: CANADA

SEPTEMBER 22 | SCOTIABANK ARENA | TORONTO, CANADA | 14.340

DIAMOND VIP (60) | GOLD VIP (60) | GENERAL ADMISSION (1.740) | SEATED (12.480)

TOTAL: $1,320,600 | SHAWN'S EARNINGS: $330,150

SEPTEMBER 23 | ROGERS ARENA | VANCOUVER, CANADA | 13.890

DIAMOND VIP (60) | GOLD VIP (60) | GENERAL ADMISSION (1.888) | SEATED (11.882)

TOTAL: $1,280,100 | SHAWN'S EARNINGS: $300,025

LEG III: AUSTRALIA

OCTOBER 1 | QUDOS BANK ARENA | SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA | 14.103

DIAMOND VIP (60) | GOLD VIP (60) | GENERAL ADMISSION (2.033) | SEATED (11.977)

TOTAL: $1,301,700 | SHAWN'S EARNINGS: $325,425

OCTOBER 3 | ROD LAVER ARENA | MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA | 11.111

DIAMOND VIP (60) | GOLD VIP (60) | GENERAL ADMISSION (1.400) | SEATED (9.591)

TOTAL: $1,029,990 | SHAWN'S EARNINGS: $257,498

OCTOBER 5 | ADELAIDE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE | ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA | 9.100

DIAMOND VIP (60) | GOLD VIP (60) | GENERAL ADMISSION (900) | SEATED (8.080)

TOTAL: $849,000 | SHAWN'S EARNINGS: $212,250

OCTOBER 7 | SPARK ARENA | AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND | 10.250

DIAMOND VIP (60) | GOLD VIP (60) | GENERAL ADMISSION (960) | SEATED (9.170)

TOTAL: $952,500 | SHAWN'S EARNINGS: $238,125

LEG IV: EUROPE

NOVEMBER 10 | THE O2 ARENA | LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM | 14,210

DIAMOND VIP (60) | GOLD VIP (60) | GENERAL ADMISSION (2,202) | SEATED (11,878)

TOTAL: $1,308,000 | SHAWN'S EARNINGS: $327,000

NOVEMBER 12 | MANCHESTER ARENA | MANCHESTER, UNITED KINGDOM | 14,443

DIAMOND VIP (60) | GOLD VIP (60) | GENERAL ADMISSION (2,003) | SEATED (12,320)

TOTAL: $1,329,870 | SHAWN'S EARNINGS: $332,468

NOVEMBER 15 | 3ARENA | DUBLIN, IRELAND | 10.120

DIAMOND VIP (60) | GOLD VIP (60) | GENERAL ADMISSION (740) | SEATED (9,260)

TOTAL: $940,800 | SHAWN'S EARNINGS: $235,200

NOVEMBER 19 | ACCORHOTELS ARENA | PARIS, FRANCE | 14.340

DIAMOND VIP (60) | GOLD VIP (60) | GENERAL ADMISSION (2,500) | SEATED (11,720)

NOVEMBER 21 | PAULO SANT JORDI | BARCELONA, SPAIN | 13.788

DIAMOND VIP (60) | GOLD VIP (60) | GENERAL ADMISSION (1,878) | SEATED (11,720)

TOTAL: $1,264,620 | SHAWN'S EARNINGS: $316,155

NOVEMBER 23 | LANXESS ARENA | COLOGNE, GERMANY | 15.200

DIAMOND VIP (60) | GOLD VIP (60) | GENERAL ADMISSION (2,400) | SEATED (12,680)

TOTAL: $1,398,000 | SHAWN'S EARNINGS: $349,500

NOVEMBER 24 | MERCEDES-BENZ ARENA | BERLIN, GERMANY | 14.400

DIAMOND VIP (60) | GOLD VIP (60) | GENERAL ADMISSION (2,140) | SEATED (12,140)

TOTAL: $1,326,000 | SHAWN'S EARNINGS: $331,500

LEG V: Australia

DECEMBER 7 | RAC ARENA | PERTH, AUSTRALIA | 11.200

DIAMOND VIP (60) | GOLD VIP (60) | GENERAL ADMISSION (920) | SEATED (10,160)

TOTAL: $1,038,000 | SHAWN'S EARNINGS: $259,500

DECEMBER 9 | BRISBANE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE | BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA | 12.309

DIAMOND VIP (60) | GOLD VIP (60) | GENERAL ADMISSION (1,450) | SEATED (10,739)

TOTAL: $1,137,810 | SHAWN'S EARNINGS: $284,453

DECEMBER 10 | QUDOS BANK ARENA | SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA | 14.103

DIAMOND VIP (60) | GOLD VIP (60) | GENERAL ADMISSION (1,222) | SEATED (12,761) 

TOTAL: $1,258,470 | SHAWN'S EARNINGS: $314,618

LEG VI: UNITED STATES

DEMBER 14 | BRIDGESTONE ARENA | NASHVILLE, UNITED STATES | 14.230

DIAMOND VIP (60) | GOLD VIP (60) | GENERAL ADMISSION (1,209) | SEATED (12,901)

TOTAL: $1,310,700 | SHAWN'S EARNINGS: $327,675

DECEMBER 17 | BOARDWALK HALL | ATLANTIC CITY, UNITED STATES | 8.809

DIAMOND VIP (60) | GOLD VIP (60) | GENERAL ADMISSION (1,100) | SEATED (7,589)

TOTAL: $822,810 | SHAWN'S EARNINGS: $205,703

DECEMBER 19 | CAPITAL ONE ARENA | WASHINGTON, UNITED STATES | 14.590

DIAMOND VIP (60) | GOLD VIP (60) | GENERAL ADMISSION (1,340) | SEATED (13,130)

TOTAL: $1,343,100 | SHAWN'S EARNINGS: $335,775

DECEMBER 22 | SCOTIABANK ARENA | TORONTO, CANADA | 14,340

DIAMOND VIP (60) | GOLD VIP (60) | GENERAL ADMISSION (1,509) | SEATED (12,711)

SHAWN'S TOTAL EARNINGS: $7,531,015

Good-Morning-Britain.png

Kelly Stops By Good Morning Britain | UK | Free

Spoiler

Kelly Clarkson has just made her long-awaited comeback to the spotlight. She recently released her second best-selling single yet, “Better Days,” only to step away from the public eye soon after its release. Over the next seven months, silence would follow, and Kelly would retreat to be away with her family for personal reasons yet to be revealed to the general public. Now, she makes her arrival back on the scene with a bold new release – “Do You Still Think of Me?”. The track, which released this past Friday, harkens back to what Kelly originally set out to do in summer 2018 with the release of the 80s-tinged, “In the Night”. The LP it was originally intended for was shelved, however, due to Kelly not feeling satisfied with where the project was headed. Things are different now, and with Kelly finding new inspiration and direction for the album, things seem to be back on track. Now, Kelly sets out on a worldwide promotional campaign that involves TV appearances, performances, radio interviews, TV ads, and more. Kelly continues the ongoing promotional tour with an appearance on the UK’s “Good Morning Britain” where she discussed her new single and future dreams.

“DO YOU STILL THINK OF ME?”
I am really excited about this new single, and I am so happy the fans are liking it! I think this song really kind of marks a new chapter in my career with it being the lead single to this new record and all. The song goes along with the 80s feel of the album, and it’s probably one of the most fun times I have had writing a song. The song came together rather quickly, really. I was driving down the highway one day and it all just kind of started coming together. I had a lot of fun writing it just because I didn’t take myself so seriously with this album, you know. And this song was one of those that it really came through on. Even the fangirl in me for Mariah came out with mentioning her! [Laughs] We also have some remixes we’re about to drop for the song – one features a special guest I am really excited to be working with as well! Remixes are so fun for me because I love to go back in and re-record different parts, alternative melodies, new vocals, and the like. I feel like remixes are more meaningful and have more substance when they are given a proper treatment like that. It’s fun for me and fun for the fans to hear something new!

MUSIC VIDEO

We’re going to be shooting the music video for “Do You Still Think of Me?” really soon. I know a lot of the fans have been asking, and so I’m happy to say. We’re going to be doing a three-day shoot in Nevada for the video. I’m really excited about the concept. It is something I have been working on for a while now, and it will definitely be worth the wait! It took us a bit to get a concept together, but I think it’s going to be really great and set up the era really well. We have something cool in store for it too. I can’t say a whole lot about that or anything else really. I probably have said too much anyway. My husband, who is also my manager, is back there like, “please stop talking right now before you reveal something you shouldn’t”. [Laughs]

DREAM PROJECTS

Oh, my goodness! There are still so many things I want to do! I really would love to do Broadway. It is something that I have discussed with my team, actually. I’d love to do an original Broadway musical. I think it would be fun to really make something my own rather than trying to re-make something. I do not think of myself as an actress first, but when music is involved with it, I think it is something I am good at. I was in musical theater all throughout high school and even after before I did Idol. I worked at Six Flags and did their theater shows – which were always musicals. I’d love to do TV as well. Again, if we could incorporate music into it in some way, I am always up for it!

The-View.png

Kelly Talks New Album on The View | USA | Free

Spoiler

Kelly Clarkson has just made her long-awaited comeback to the spotlight. She recently released her second best-selling single yet, “Better Days,” only to step away from the public eye soon after its release. Over the next seven months, silence would follow, and Kelly would retreat to be away with her family for personal reasons yet to be revealed to the general public. Now, she makes her arrival back on the scene with a bold new release – “Do You Still Think of Me?”. The track, which released this past Friday, harkens back to what Kelly originally set out to do in summer 2018 with the release of the 80s-tinged, “In the Night”. The LP it was originally intended for was shelved, however, due to Kelly not feeling satisfied with where the project was headed. Things are different now, and with Kelly finding new inspiration and direction for the album, things seem to be back on track. Now, Kelly sets out on a worldwide promotional campaign that involves TV appearances, performances, radio interviews, TV ads, and more. Kelly continues the ongoing promotional tour with an appearance on “The View” where she discussed her new single and future dreams.

“DO YOU STILL THINK OF ME?”
This single is a really exciting thing for me. After I released my last song, “Better Days”, I really was unsure of where to go. I wasn’t feeling what I was making at the time, and after I took time away I finally realized that I was putting so much pressure on myself. That pressure was to just get music out after everything that has happened in my career this far, but I really have the greatest fans in the world. They have been super understanding and supportive, and taking time off helped me to become refreshed and create my best album yet. “Do You Still Think of Me?” is probably my favorite single I have released so far. It’s just so much fun and it just sums up all the things I love about this record. It’s got an energetic and happy sound to it, and its lyrics are nostalgic while also going back and forth between happy and sad. All of that really is what this album is at its core. I know that is a little vague and cliché, but it’s true!

FAVORITE TV SHOWS

I am really loving The Morning Show! I still have to finish this first season. I think it is just brilliant, and it is such a necessary show to have right now. It has started a lot of great conversation too. I really enjoyed The Politician on Netflix as well! I am really a fan of anything Ryan Murphy is involved with, to be honest. His show Feud was absolutely incredible. I think I would love to do a show like that! Perhaps playing in a feud between two famous singers or something. I just really enjoy his work, and I feel like what he does is so magical. His shows always hook me in from the story to even the way things are filmed and put together.

TENTH STUDIO ALBUM

This next album is really special. As many know, it is my tenth! Which is really crazy. I have never put an album together as fast as I have this one. I think it is because I just became so inspired to create. As I said earlier, I took a lot of pressure off myself and didn’t take myself so seriously either. The result of that has been a really fun, happy album. I just listen to the mixes of it and have a smile on my face the whole time because it is an joyful album. There are still moments on it of emotional depth and what not, of course, but my last three albums were so.. heavy and borderline depressing [Laughs]. That’s maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but I think you get what I am saying. I know every artist seems to say this about their most recent work, but it is something I can’t help but say – this feels like my best album yet. Sonically, it’s featuring sounds from 80s New Wave and 80s R&B. I wanted it to feel very true to that era of music and like it could be played on the radio then. “Do You Still Think of Me?” is the first taste of all of that!

The-Washington-Post.png

Kelly Gives Interview with The Washington Post | USA | Free

Spoiler

Kelly Clarkson has just made her long-awaited comeback to the spotlight. She recently released her second best-selling single yet, “Better Days,” only to step away from the public eye soon after its release. Over the next seven months, silence would follow, and Kelly would retreat to be away with her family for personal reasons yet to be revealed to the general public. Now, she makes her arrival back on the scene with a bold new release – “Do You Still Think of Me?”. The track, which released this past Friday, harkens back to what Kelly originally set out to do in summer 2018 with the release of the 80s-tinged, “In the Night”. The LP it was originally intended for was shelved, however, due to Kelly not feeling satisfied with where the project was headed. Things are different now, and with Kelly finding new inspiration and direction for the album, things seem to be back on track. Now, Kelly sets out on a worldwide promotional campaign that involves TV appearances, performances, radio interviews, TV ads, and more. Kelly continues the ongoing promotional tour where she gives an interview with The Washington Post.

RECEPTION OF “DO YOU STILL THINK OF ME?”
The reception to this new single has been so exciting. You know, I took time to step away and clear my head to get new inspiration and work on the next album. To come back to such warm reception from my fans has been great. They have been so patient and supportive with me not just this past year but over the course of my whole career. I really do have the best fans! After I wrote this song, I just knew it should be the first single off my next album. I originally had a song called “Runaway” picked for the lead single off of this record, and I think that will be a single at some point. Maybe after the album is released since we already have the second single picked, but anyway. Seeing “Do You Still Think of Me?” get such great responses has felt very reassuring. When you’re making music like this and taking things in a new direction, you sometimes wonder how people will feel about it.

MUSIC VIDEO
This video is going to so much fun. We’re heading out to Nevada soon to do three days of filming for the video. It’s going to involve some surprises that we have been working on for a while now. I really appreciate my fans a patience once again with getting this thing out. I promise it will be worth the wait! I’m working with one of my favorite directors of all time on it, and there are some things about it that I can’t wait to announce. I don’t like being such tease, but I can only say so much right now. A lot of it is still being worked out and finalized. I should stop talking now before I get in trouble for saying something that I shouldn’t. [Laughs]

TOURING

Touring is my favorite part of what I get to do! My fans know that. I really hate that I did not get to tour the last record. There was a lot going on with ANALOG, and sadly we were never able to get a tour together. It’s even more disappointing because when we were making that record, I was making it with touring in mind. A lot of it was created to sound great in a live setting. I’m a firm believer in everything happening for a reason, though. We have every intention to tour this next album. Until then, we have a few.. special things we’re working on. Again, I can’t say much until it is all finalized, but we’re looking to do something special to keep everyone satisfied until we get out to do a full-length tour. I have always wanted to do a fun pop-up show, so maybe we could do something fun like that too. I have seen a couple different artists do that in small bars and venues sometimes, and it looks like something really fun and intimate when you get fans involved with it. So all I can say for now is stay tuned! Some fun stuff is coming up!!

hector 31,485

GhBg03y.png

BRITNEY SPEARS ON VIRGIN RADIO | EUROPE

Spoiler

Working on LIBIDO with Cardi B and KYLIE
Britney: I wanted some really cool and badass women to be featured on this track, didn’t want to go with like, the obvious big artist feature like Mariah or Ariana, which I think are very strong and would’ve fit on this track without a doubt. But I wanted to give new artists a shine too, you know, lift another sister up. And that’s when I called Cardi first. I remember hearing her because of her song with Belinda, I heard her once on the radio and said “Who is this?” and loved her. So we worked on the song and it had such an amazing flow but in the end, it had like something was missing. We wanted to leave the end like an instrumental break down, but then I read about Kylie and her struggles, how people were not taking her serious and she was literally fighting to get her career back so I decided to give her a spot on the song. And, that’s how Libido came alive! I love this song and I don't care if it doesn‘t go #1, it’s a powerful one.

The silence after the controversy at the VMAs
Britney: Listen, I didn’t give a **** [laughs] I don’t know why spanking and kissing in all fun was a matter of controversy especially in a show like the VMAs when we’ve seen a lot of stuff happen before and this wouldn’t even be the first time someone does something racy on their stage. I had fun, Kylie and Cardi were having a great time and I can say that I’m very proud of what we did. I find it so curious that many were really outraged by my sexual aura on the stage but then, you have male artists like Maluma, sorry darling for dragging you into this as an example [laughs] that take their shirt off and nothing’s wrong. But it’s in all good, I won’t slow down on what I do to please a couple of people that get uncomfortable and outraged to see women embracing their sexuality on stage but then go home and see women naked on their phones. 

On DEVOTION
Britney: Here‘s the thing about Devotion... I had so many missteps with this album it’s not even funny anymore [laughs] I know my fans have been patiently waiting for me to release it because of how things have been delayed and happened through the course of the year but it‘s going to be released now on New Years Eve! Surprise! [Laughs] I’m going to perform on Rockin‘ Eve a five set song with all new songs from the album and also Maluma’s going to come and do something with me too. I‘m so excited for this to happen, been looking forward to release this album for such a long time! And it’s finally here. I have been working so hard to get this out, I can‘t believe it’s happening. Right now I‘m getting all ready for the album release, Warner’s already up to release it too. It‘s going to be a great week!

hector 31,485

pSB2xLh.png

BRITNEY CALLS ON AIR! WITH RYAN SEACREST | USA

Spoiler

INTERVIEW

What she’s going to do for Rockin’ Eve
Britney: There‘s not going to be any controversy if you were asking for that [laughs] I was notified about this last week so when I released Libido and saw all that was happening, it came in the right moment because I didn’t want to see this negativity up my face so, I went with my choreographer to the studio and we chose the setlist, the choreography, dancers, everything. I’ve been rehearsing for a week already and now that we’re so close to it I decided to reveal that I’m going to perform there plus, release Devotion that same week! I’m so, so excited because this is somethign I’ve been wanting to do for a long time. Finally Devotion is going to be out! [Laughs] I can’t even believe it. But yeah, be on the look out for Rockin’ Eve. 

Releasing LIBIDO as the new single 
Britney: I thought it made sense to release a new single prior to the album being released, considering that Casanova was released months ago. So I picked Libido because I felt that it was a great follow up, I love the song too and the girls who are featured did an incredible job so I didn’t think it wouldn’t be a right single choice at all. The song obviously didn’t take off thanks to some people that, of course, always have something to say and clearly don’t like to see women being sexually free’d. But that’s besides the point, haters are going to appear all the time! Libido’s such a fun track, I love the chorus, love the Cardi and Kylie verses, it’s so perfect for me. So if you haven’t yet, check it out on Encore and Caltube.

On Casanova being a big hit for her
Britney: I was very excited for this song to be out, Maluma and I worked so hard on it. Shame it didn‘t hit #1 and that basically threw off the whole plan that my team had with me. I honestly didn’t care, because at the end of the day, charts are only that.. Charts.. What matters is what the fans think and how much they did enjoy the song and they did. I was very happy for that! But you know, there‘s always stuff behind the scenes happening that I can’t control but it‘s all good. Casanova will always be a especial song for both Maluma and I so, that’s all that matters besides the fan love we got with it. Despite the plans being thrown to the side for the song, having it reach like almost 300 million streams on Encore was amazing.

hector 31,485

xkSZHrL.png

BRITNEY GOES TO NRJ RADIO | EUROPE

Spoiler

On Devotion
Britney: This album is the one that I’ve been wanting to make for a very long time, no joke. I’ve got much more creative imput on it than what I had on Hungry and I love it. I gotto work with incredible people too, not only with the featured artists btu also with Max Martin, Ali Payami, Danja, Timbaland, all incredible people that have worked with me before but with the new ones like Billboard who gave a lot of songs great vibes that I’m pretty sure my fans will love. I’m not going after commercial success, because I know that there’s going to be a lot of factors that will take that down like the usual haters, but all I want to do is release the album and have fun with it. As I’ve said before, charts are nothing but that, charts. I’m only looking forward to see my fans reacting to it. So excited for that!

On Libido
Britney: Libido is a fun track, a sexy club banger I’d say. There’s nothing to transcendental about it when it comes to lyrics and sound because that’s not what I was looking for with this song, I wanted a power anthem for women that wouldn’t be too obvious, that wouldn’t be like “oh, this is me! I am a woman!” I just wanted something that would make everyone dance and have fun. Which is why I also thought Libido was the great follow up to Casanova which was more chill and laid back, perfect for the summer. What I love about Libido is that it gives you that great energy, you wanna dance from the moment it begins until it ends. The song’s up on Caltube and on Encore if y’all wanna hear it. Please support it! 

The support she’s gotten through Encore
Britney: Amazing! I know many people use Encore daily to stream and listen to their favourite artists and all of that but having this big group of people follow me there and listen to my songs makes me so happy. With Hungry, I didn‘t have this same kind of luck when it came to people streaming my music, both Flesh and Casanova have been huge streaming hits on there so I’m like, in awe. Hopefully Libido follows up even though I saw that it hasn‘t been playlisted anywhere which is cool. But, shout out to Maluma though, he’s the real one! [Laughs] Check out Libido on his playlist “De Rumba” and also help me get it up on Encore‘s biggest playlist, “Today’s Top Hits”!