Create A Label: Season 12

Ronlop 7,470

@Edu

I think you should post the Nintendo article after the neg updates end in three days so it'll make a visible impact on Kworb.
Let me know.

Edu 2,974
13 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

@Edu

I think you should post the Nintendo article after the neg updates end in three days so it'll make a visible impact on Kworb.
Let me know.

Well then count the article in when the neg updates are over. I’ll put my promo on hold for the next 3 days

Live-with-Kelly-and-Ryan.png

Kelly Visits Live with Kelly and Ryan | US | Free

Spoiler

Kelly Clarkson has just made her long-awaited comeback to the spotlight. She recently released her second best-selling single yet, “Better Days,” only to step away from the public eye soon after its release. Over the next seven months, silence would follow, and Kelly would retreat to be away with her family for personal reasons yet to be revealed to the general public. Now, she makes her arrival back on the scene with a bold new release – “Do You Still Think of Me?”. The track, which released this past Friday, harkens back to what Kelly originally set out to do in summer 2018 with the release of the 80s-tinged, “In the Night”. The LP it was originally intended for was shelved, however, due to Kelly not feeling satisfied with where the project was headed. Things are different now, and with Kelly finding new inspiration and direction for the album, things seem to be back on track. Now, Kelly sets out on a worldwide promotional campaign that involves TV appearances, performances, radio interviews, TV ads, and more.

As a result of continued promotion and push from her label, Accent Records, “Do You Still Think of Me?” achieved a new peak on the Hot 100 by hitting #13 after out-peaking its debut position on its release five weeks ago. Kelly continues the ongoing promotional tour where she gives an interview on Live with Kelly & Ryan.

“Do You Still Think of Me?” & It’s Newly Released Music Video

Oh my gosh, I am so happy this video is finally out! I haven’t been online since yesterday when it released, but I really am hoping the fans like it. There was a lot I wanted to do with the video, and I am really pleased with how it turned out. It’s kind of a really sad take on “Do You Still Think of Me?”. I wanted to do something unexpected for when people think of what the song might really be about. It was fun to get to be creative with a storyline in that way. I don’t think I have ever done a video like this in that way – where we take the same meaning of the song but kind of do a different interpretation of it, you know? Anyway, I really hope everyone likes it like I do!

Shawn Mendes Support

I just love him!! We have gotten to talk a few times and become quite good friends. He is amazing. He has been so supportive, and I really appreciate it. Not everyone may know this, but things have been a little rocky in my career the past couple of years. I won’t get into it now. It’s just different behind the scenes things. And he’s been so supportive and such a good friend to me. I have a lot of respect for him. And have you heard his new song?? It’s so good. Y’all should go get it!

Songwriting & Broken Heart Jukebox

My songwriting for this album has been quite different and sporadic. It has come together really quickly. We’re finishing up the last song now. I actually just started writing two new songs the other day, and I’m trying to see if we can still get them on the album in time. My team loves me [Laughs]. We’ll see, though. It’s funny because my songwriting with this record has sort of happened in moments I least expect it. I no longer just sit down with the intention to write much anymore – unless I have some ideas pre-planned or whatever. It’s been a really cool process this time around, and I think it is something that really works for me. Which is basically just me not putting tons of pressure on myself and letting the creativity flow out naturally.

Sunrise-AUS.png

Kelly Discusses DYSTOM? Video on Australia's Sunrise | AUS | Free

Spoiler

Kelly Clarkson has just made her long-awaited comeback to the spotlight. She recently released her second best-selling single yet, “Better Days,” only to step away from the public eye soon after its release. Over the next seven months, silence would follow, and Kelly would retreat to be away with her family for personal reasons yet to be revealed to the general public. Now, she makes her arrival back on the scene with a bold new release – “Do You Still Think of Me?”. The track, which released this past Friday, harkens back to what Kelly originally set out to do in summer 2018 with the release of the 80s-tinged, “In the Night”. The LP it was originally intended for was shelved, however, due to Kelly not feeling satisfied with where the project was headed. Things are different now, and with Kelly finding new inspiration and direction for the album, things seem to be back on track. Now, Kelly sets out on a worldwide promotional campaign that involves TV appearances, performances, radio interviews, TV ads, and more.

As a result of continued promotion and push from her label, Accent Records, “Do You Still Think of Me?” achieved a new peak on the Hot 100 by hitting #13 after out-peaking its debut position on its release five weeks ago. Kelly continues the ongoing promotional tour where she gives an interview and performance of “Do You Still Think of Me?” on Australia’s Sunrise.

Inspiration for “Do You Still Think of Me?”

The inspiration for this song was really just nostalgia, I think. Which is kind of an underlying theme throughout the album. It is present especially in the production as we have a lot of 80s New Wave and R&B sounds going throughout it. Lyrically, I was sort of reflecting on some of my past friendships. I wrote this song in a romantic relationship sort of way as to make it more relatable to people. However, I really was coming from a place of lost friendships and missing the good parts of them. It’s an interesting dynamic, you know? You miss the memories and times with people, but at the same time, you don’t miss some of the bad parts of why the relationship or friendship ultimately ended.

“Do You Still Think of Me?” Music Video

I had such a fun time getting to make this video. I really wanted to make this one special with it being my first video in, gosh, like two years? There are some fun easter eggs in the video too for the fans. One specifically hints at what is going to be coming very soon.. sort of the next “phase” of this whole record and new era. Getting to work with Dave Meyers once again was a pleasure as usual. We both usually are on the same page with what vision for the video is, and I owe a lot of how this video turned out to his expertise, obviously. I really am proud of it, and I think it is my favorite video actually. As we went through post-production and just watching it for different things leading up to its release, it slowly has become my favorite video. A lot of it just because how much I love the way it turned out.

Differences Between Broken Heart Jukebox and 2017’s Analog

Well, there’s quite a difference really. Analog, I think, will be one of those albums in my career that will always kind of stand alone, right? It has a really specific sound, and it was a harder time in my life too. It was a darker album – the darkest out of all the past three albums of mine, actually. Broken Heart Jukebox’s main message really is hope! That’s something that I think has been missing from the last three records. It’s a really happy album, even on the songs that may not have the brightest subject matter – the music elevates it to a place that puts a hopeful twist on it. That was intentional, really. My life since Analog has really changed, and I am in such a great place emotionally and spiritually, so that reflects in this new album.

2020 Plans

There is quite a lot I am looking forward to! Much of it is still being planned, really, so that is why I am being so vague about what is coming up. I’d hate to promise something and it not end up happening. One thing we are for sure doing is a world tour. One way or another, that will be happening this year. I’d like for it ideally to coincide with the release of the album, but we’ll see. We haven’t really begun planning the tour yet because we’re finishing up the last part of the record and working on some other things coming up. One of them, though, is hopefully going to hold the fans over until we can get out and do a proper tour.

The-Project-AUS.png

Kelly Talks Musical Inspirations on The Projects | AUS | Free

Spoiler

As a result of continued promotion and push from her label, Accent Records, “Do You Still Think of Me?” achieved a new peak on the Hot 100 by hitting #13 after out-peaking its debut position on its release five weeks ago. Kelly continues the ongoing promotional tour where she gives an interview and performance of “Do You Still Think of Me?” on Australia’s The Project.

“Do You Still Think of Me?” Music Video

I am really happy this video is finally out! A video for this song has been in the works since before it even came out, actually. It took me a while to come up with the concept, and that is part of the reason we did not drop the music video alongside the release of the song. I just didn’t want to throw a video out there. I always invest a lot in my music videos, and this one was really no different. It has really become my most favorite video so far, actually. Just getting to co-direct on it for the first time was amazing in itself, but also, my vision for it so perfectly played out the way I wanted.

Musical Inspirations

I have so many, really! Mariah has been my inspiration since I was a kid, really. That’s why it is so crazy to me we’re friends now, because she’s literally my idol! But other than Mariah, Aretha and Whitney  both are huge inspirations of mine. They really inspired me to be soulful and put my all into music. And they’re obviously beast vocalists! Patty Griffin, Reba, Bonnie Rait.. all these amazing soulful women, really, shaped me growing up. I love them all so much. I love all types of music, really, and it’s no surprise because I like everything from rap to country!

“Do You Still Think of Me?” Reception + Reaching a New Peak

My team told me that the other day when the charts came out, and I was so shocked! I have been out of the spotlight, on and off, for a while. So when that happens in your career, you sometimes are like, “okay, are people still going to care?” [Laughs]. Turns out they do! I have never been one to focus on the charts at all. Like, my team has to tell me stats and stuff like that all the time because I just.. don’t care [Laughs]. I mean, obviously I care to the point of the wellbeing of my career, but it definitely does not rule my life or approach to music. It becomes something not pure, in my opinion, when that happens, and I have seen a lot of artists become jaded by crap like that. But anyway. I’m rambling now! I seriously thank my fans so much. All of this is because of them! I say it a lot, but I really mean it, I love them and am so thankful for them. They have stuck by my side since day one, and have been through every change and every bump in the road throughout my career. It is really amazing to have a fanbase like that. I have the best fans!  

Late-Motiv-EUR.png

Kelly on Her Comeback with Spain's Late Motiv | EUR | Free

Spoiler

As a result of continued promotion and push from her label, Accent Records, “Do You Still Think of Me?” achieved a new peak on the Hot 100 by hitting #13 after out-peaking its debut position on its release five weeks ago. Kelly continues the ongoing promotional tour where she gives an interview and performance of “Do You Still Think of Me?” on Spain’s Late Motiv.

“Do You Still Think of Me?” Video

With this video, I really wanted to sort of surprise the fans. The storyline in the video still very much follows the meaning of the song, but it does so in a different way, and maybe in a way that most people wouldn’t sort of think of it in. But it works! It is quite sad and depressing – especially for a song that’s as poppy and joyful as this one [Laughs], but any way. I really am thankful for Dave Meyers agreeing to co-direct and work on the video with me. I did not want to just jump into directing, and I think he made it much easier and comfortable for me to be a part of that whole process officially for the first time. I am usually really involved in the making of my music videos, you can ask him, like, I just really get into these things for whatever reason. So yeah, everything from pre-production, to filming, to post-production, and all that in between, I really like to be present for. It’s not a control thing at all, but with music videos, I really get into them. Like I had been thinking of this video right after I wrote this song, so I just get in my head and really want that vision out there.

Her Comeback

I guess this is a comeback of sorts, yeah. I mean, my last album released two and a half years ago, which is quite a long time in this day and age to go between albums, I guess. That time away, though, was very necessary, and I would not have been able to create – what I believe to be – my best album yet because of taking time off. I really just took pressure off myself. I removed the deadlines, and I allowed myself time to enjoy creating music once again. This time around, I don’t know, things just feel very different. The last two singles I released, “In the Night” and “Better Days”, were both standalone singles at the time and I was creating the album the same time they came out. So everything was very fresh and changing a lot, and I just got lost with direction on the albums for both of those singles. This time, I waited until basically this album was done to release the lead single. We have all the songs recorded and are just fine-tuning the last one now. I think allowing myself that time to sit down and really figure out what I wanted my next album to sound like was important. It brought a needed clarity and direction for me. I don’t think I could ever solely be a singles artist for that reason. Unless I was working on something else in the background, you know? I just love creating albums – bodies of work that are cohesive and each song helps build an overall message or story.

Her Family

My family is doing great! They’re all with us now! We’re spending the next couple days in Europe, Asia, and South America, actually, so we brought along all four kids. My youngest kids, River and Remy, are getting to be so big. It’s crazy! I felt like they were just these little babies yesterday. They’re having a lot fun getting to travel around. They always love it and ask where we are going next, and if we have some off time or something they’re like, “Why aren’t we going anyway today?” [Laughs]. It is nice having Brandon, my husband, as my manager too. We’re together a lot, and even though we’re technically working, it is still time together. It allows us to both be present with our kids more as well. I grew up without my father around. It was just me and my mom. So being present in my kids lives is really important to me. I don’t want to be an absentee mom, and I don’t want to be one of those parents who just has the nanny constantly taking care of the kids. Now, we do have a nanny, and she is so amazing. She is such a help to me, and I literally couldn’t do everything I do without her, but I also make a conscious effort to actually be a parent for my kids. For the release of this album and all, we reconfigured my schedule to where I had ample time with them and to where I wouldn’t have to feel so pulled between them and work. It is really true about what they say about it taking a village to raise a child. There is a lot of truth to that.

Operaci-n-Triunfo-EUR.png

Kelly on New Music Video with Operación Triunfo | EUR | Free

Spoiler

As a result of continued promotion and push from her label, Accent Records, “Do You Still Think of Me?” achieved a new peak on the Hot 100 by hitting #13 after out-peaking its debut position on its release five weeks ago. Kelly continues the ongoing promotional tour where she gives an interview and performance of “Do You Still Think of Me?” on Spain’s Operación Triunfo.

“Do You Still Think of Me?” & its Music Video

I knew as soon as I wrote this song that it had to be the lead single of the new album, Broken Heart Jukebox. People ask me why, and I don’t know if I really have a good answer [Laughs]. It is just more of a what felt right sort of situation. The song has a really interesting concept, I think, and the title really catches attention, so it just worked out. I got to reunite with Greg Kurstin to produce it, who I worked with for most of my album Masquerade. He really captured my vision for the song, which was pure 80s synthpop with loud snares and layered vocals. I wanted it to be dreamy and exciting at the same time. I guess “lush” is probably a better word for what I’m trying to say. With the video, it was my first time getting to co-direct, and it really could not have gone better. I am so proud of the video, and now that it is finally out, it is great getting to see the fans reactions to it. I worked really hard on it, and it is my favorite video of mine now. Just everything from the storyline, to the coloring, to the editing.. it all came together exactly how I envisioned. That doesn’t always happen with stuff in this industry [Laughs], so it’s really awesome when it does!

Touring Hopes

I really am wanting to do a world tour for this next record! We’re going to be here in Europe and then in Australia and South Africa for some days here, and fans keep coming up to me asking to do a tour. They know I love it. It’s my favorite part of my career. So when I did not get to tour my last album, ANALOG, it sucked, however, I promise everyone we will be touring this record! My plan is to do a world tour. Some things need to happen and work out before we can officialize or finalize any of that, so in the meantime, I encourage my fans to call your radio stations and request us to come to your country! Those requests make their way back to my team and my label, and they help show demand. I’m going to be visiting everywhere I can, but in the meantime, doing things like that really helps make the people in the suits happy [Laughs]. Until that happens, I am working on something to sort of hold the fans over until we can do the tour. Hopefully I can announce that soon!

Business Ventures

I have been asked about this before, and honestly, if the right campaign or project comes along from a company I believe in, I totally will pursue it! My last campaigns with Samsung and Microsoft both were amazing, and I’d really love to do something like that again with a company. Getting to team up with a company can be really fun, and it really helps get your music to people who might have not thought to look up my songs for whatever reason. I have thought about creating my own line of products before, but I don’t know what I would really do? Makeup is not really my thing. I mean, when I am not working, I don’t look like this [Laughs]. Like, I don’t wear makeup or have in extensions and all this stuff on a day off. It’s just not something I got into when I’m being casual, really. But I do like dressing up and stuff, so I don’t know. It is just sort of one of those things that the, again, the right thing would need to come along. And it would have to be something I really believe in and can get behind. I would never want to attach my name to a product I wouldn’t use or that I did not fully believe in. That just comes off very disingenuous and fake. I did team up with Urban Outfitters for a short campaign when I was promoting Analog, and that was pretty fun. I got to curate a collection of clothes for their urban bravery line, so maybe something along that? I’m also toying with the idea of doing some sort of acting. It would have to be in a musical or something. Something that involves music. I grew up doing musical theater, so, it would just feel right to me. I’d love to get involved with a musical of sorts. I love all that kind of stuff.

Jon. 8,588

180vjvy.png

mariah carey on le grand journal

Spoiler

2019 has been an incredible year for Mariah Carey. Following the downturn of her career last year with the V Magazine fiasco, Mariah managed to change things for the better when she opened up about her mental health in her May issue of Harper's Bazaar, where she was on the cover issue that month. Soon after, Mariah Carey was officially back with a brand new single titled Void. The song was a standalone single that was initially on Faraway Love / Fatal Touch, but it got scrapped in the end following a multitude of reasons. In the end, the song was a certified hit, with the song peaking at the top spot for a couple of weeks and was already certified Platinum in the United States alone. It was clear with the song that Mariah is back in the game. 

However, moving forward a couple of weeks, Mariah is back once more with a brand new single - Nights With You. The single is pushed as the official lead single to propel the change of this new era and album cycle. The single made its debut at #1 during its debut week, selling over 767,003 copies worldwide. Despite the slight slump in sales from Void's performance during its debut week, Void received way more highly coveted promotional spots compared to Nights With You. It's also important to note that Void received a music video treatment during its debut week as well, which would serve to boost the song even more compared to Nights With You. It's clear that Mariah and her team are focusing on what actually matters more - the album release week. Therefore, industry alarmists should really take a chill pill on that matter.

In the end, the album smashed during its debut week, selling over 1 million copies in pure sales and over 600,000 copies in streaming equivalent sales. This made Mariah sold over 1.6 million copies in its first week, shifting the course that Mariah would end up as another lost queen. With consistent promotion this week, it seems that Mariah is ensuring that the album sells consistently throughout the coming weeks.

To promote her single and album, Mariah made an appearance to Le Grande Journal, where she performed Nights With You and Mirage on the show. She got interviewed as well, where she was asked a variety of questions including her tour and her thoughts about Connect. In addition to that, she also debuted an official dance performance video of Mirage on the show too, before uploading it officially onto CALTube. Below are the highlights of Mariah's appearance:

NIGHTS WITH YOU PERFORMANCE
Mariah's appearance started right off with a performance of Nights With You. The set was relatively simple, with Mariah standing in the middle of the stage with her mic stand. She wore a long white dress that made her look amazing. The lights from the back shined on Mariah to create this silhouette as a ballad version of the song plays in the background.

The first part of the first verse starts playing as Mariah coos the words of the song, in a whisper-sing fashion. This singing technique was iconic to Mariah during the Butterfly era especially, when she changed up her vocal style and look. The second part of the first verse came in as Mariah continued this fashion. However, her vocals seemed to have more weight to it compared to the first part of the first verse. It sounded like it had more chest voice to it compared to the previous one, which was much airier and lighter in tone and sound. The first chorus plays as Mariah uses her mixed voice, combining her head voice and her chest voice to create this bombastic sound that echoes throughout the stage. The lights on the stage blow up to create this intensity that made Mariah's outfit shine brightly.

Soon after, the first part of the second verse came in as Mariah performed a stylistic choice for the song. She created a slight staccato in her vocals that made it sound the song slightly different, not that the performance was already different enough since it's a ballad version of the song. However, Mariah made it subtle enough that if you don't pay attention, it slips right through you. But for the ones that pay attention, they could hear that slight change and appreciate Mariah's effort for trying to change it up a little in a now already overperformed song. The second part of the second verse kicks in as the lights dim out a little once more. Mariah smiled a little as she nailed that part of the song again. She performed that part with her iconic hand tics, where she moves her hands around and closes her eyes sometimes. The second chorus kicks in as Mariah belts out the words of the song in a chest voice. She didn't try to push her voice because that would cause strain to her voice. She did it just enough to make the performance solid.

Soon after, the bridge of the song kicks in as we see backing vocalists coming out behind her to support her. Mariah held the microphone in her hands as she took it in stride. She turns back to look at the backing vocalists before smoothly transitioning into the final chorus of the song. Mariah belts out the words of the song with ease and since the song was in another key, the song reached another level of magic on stage. Mariah smiled brightly once more because she knew she nailed this part of the song well. She managed to captivate everyone with this incredible performance even though it's a ballad version of the song. Soon after, the show went on a commercial break before Mariah sat down for an interview.

INTERVIEW
On the Mirage World Tour and what we can expect from it, why it's announced much further away from the dates
I think what you can expect from the Mirage World Tour is a spectacle. I know it's not a lot to say for now but I can assure you if you have seen the Drifting Away World Tour and the Antidote World Tour, you'll love this one. I have a lot of ideas and one of the ideas are already hinted in the Mirage official music video. (Laughs) Time for some treasure hunt! But yeah, the reason why I announced it months before the actual show is because there's a gap for planning to occur. Plus, I really wanted the Mirage era to last. I already have solid plans for the era in the coming months and I felt like announcing the tour now would set everything in solid motion. I'm really proud of this era and it's not going to stop anytime soon. Stay tuned for more things to come.

On not only directing her music videos but also directing other artist's music videos like newcomer Jungkook's latest single
Honestly, making the decision to direct my music videos was a difficult decision to make. But I knew that it was something that I should try, even though I didn't have a lot of time. I thought that adding my personal touch to the music videos solo would be better for the era. I managed to write all the tracks on the Mirage album alone, bar Treasure since that's a collab. Why not do the same with directing my own music videos? I'm glad people are enjoying the Nights With You and Mirage music videos respectively because they involved a lot of hard work, not only for me but also for the crew members and dance crew that worked with me tirelessly behind the scenes. Directing for one of my label mates, Jungkook was actually amazing! It was fun working with him and I think people should check the music video out. While his mini-album isn't available for purchase, it's available for streaming on Encore worldwide. Alright, back to the question at hand again! (Laughs) The direction of the music video was pretty clear and it had this K-Pop vibe to it, which Jungkook wanted. He told me that I could do whatever I want with the music video as long as it had that K-Pop edge. It was crazy that he trusted me so much to do it and I'm glad that I managed to pull it off for him. He seemed really proud of the music video and I'm proud of it myself too, honestly. If you asked me what my favourite scenes from the music video are, I couldn't tell you because I loved each part of it.

On taking some risks by dancing on the Nights With You music video and the Mirage music video
It was pretty funny cause initially, it was a joke among my close friends. It was like, "oh yeah, maybe I should dance in this video" hahahaha and whatnot, but then I started thinking about it seriously. What if I actually did dance in these music videos? Will it be too difficult? Am I ready for the challenge? It was then that I made the decision to give it a try. What's there to lose except my reputation if I fail? (Laughs) I'm joking of course! But yeah, I felt like everything paid off in the end because of my decision to give this a shot. It started off as a joke and now I'm nailing each move with ease for some of the televised performances I've done for both songs. It's insane, honestly.

On having Katy Perry play a role in her upcoming mini-series, possible details in regards to her role, what direction is she going for with this mini-series, why she decided to head back into the movie/TV industry again despite backlash from Playing The Mind Game etc.
Katy is such a sweetheart. When I was forming the basis of the mini-series, I contacted her asking if she was up to doing it or not. She's going to play a significant role in the mini-series, at least one that is going to influence the storyline of the show as it progresses. Same with Jungkook. I know a lot of people might not care about him or know him even but he's a really talented guy. He plays a significant role as well and I think people should keep an eye for both of them. They are going to be taking the world by storm soon enough. As for the direction of the mini-series, I can't reveal much about the direction of the mini-series just yet cause I just started with the kinks of it all. But one thing for sure is that I feel like this mini-series is going to captivate. There are some things that I'll be touching in the mini-series that I think is going to be exciting. Why did I decide to give this thing a try again? Honestly, I felt like it was because I rushed a lot of things with Playing The Mind Game. I think everyone knows that now. I didn't have a proper vision and sticking to postponing it because I knew I dragged on the Arcane era for way too long. Plus, postponing it would have only made it worse as well. With the new era, I felt like creating a new series in relation to the Mirage era initially. But now, it's grown more than the Mirage era and it's morphed into something totally different. But I think when you finally watch the mini-series, you'll definitely see some remnants of my Mirage plans. Some of the episode titles scream classic mirage but I think most of the content is completely separate from the Mirage era and album as a whole.

On Mirage the single, the production of the song, the commercial reception and acclaim it has gotten over the past few months, why she thinks that the song is essentially the heart of the album
I love Mirage! I love each and every song on the album but the title track has a special place in my heart for a lot of reason, The commercial reception and acclaim the song has gotten over the past few months have been insane. It was something that I never expected it to happen. But I'm grateful for all the amazing response I've gotten for this song. Promoting this song has been an amazing ride. Why do I think that the song is essentially the heart of the album? Well, first and foremost, the song is literally placed right in the middle of the album. (Laughs) It's also the title track of the album and I knew for this, I should create something that represented what the record was about. The song essentially felt like the heart of the record because of how I felt throughout it. It captured the frustration,  the disillusionment, the pain and disappointment. It also came at a pivotal point in the album as well. For a lot of my albums, I really enjoy creating this arc and with Mirage, this was no different. It was one of the more interesting songs for me to work with so I'm glad everything came out smoothly.

On the Mirage single remixes
Oh wow, don't bug me on this! (Laughs) My team and I are still deciding on the remixes but at this rate, it seems like the dance remixes should be coming next week. But yeah, I can't wait for everyone to enjoy the remixes for Mirage soon enough!

On Encore and her perspective considering that she came way before the streaming era, was it hard to integrate into the streaming era, her Encore playlist [Lost in a Mirage] etc.
I love Encore now. It's such a good platform and it helped make people's lives a little easier by being able to listen to music on the move. In the beginning, I have to admit that I felt a little hard to integrate myself into the streaming platform. It had potential but I felt like I couldn't head right in properly. There was this existential fear but I'm glad that fear was unfounded because Encore had opened up a lot of doors for a lot of artists, whether it's for the ones that came before it or the ones that came after it. I think you could see the examples clearly for yourself. But yeah, I'm also so honoured to have the opportunity to curate my own Encore playlist! I really loved curating the playlist each week personally. It also showcases what I listen to on the daily and each week, there are some variations here and there. Do check out "Lost in a Mirage" Encore playlist, that's my playlist and I update that each week. You can follow it as well if you'd like!

On Connect and its impact in terms of connecting with fans, her passing the 7 millionth follower mark, if she thought she would've reached such heights since her early days right before Void was out [where she was much lower on the Connect ranking system]
I feel like Connect has been an amazing platform for me to connect with fans. People get to have an insight into what I'm doing and I get to read some of the fan reactions, which is great. I try to disassociate myself a little from social media in general but I do love reading things from time to time because getting feedback is always great. The love and support I've received for the Mirage era thus far have been an amazing experience, honestly. I was nervous initially when I posted the album release announcement because I didn't know what people would think. In a way, I misled a lot of people with Nights With You, which was intentional by the way. (Laughs) But I received so much love and support that it touched me because I felt like this era was much more personal to me. It talked about my struggles with faith and my long-distance relationship as well. I don't think I'll ever stop talking about that cause long-distance relationships suck and I feel like I haven't touched on it enough. Alright, a different story for another day. But anyway! (Laughs) Honestly, when I first started out on the platform, I didn't expect a lot because Connect was initially just a platform where I get to connect with fans. But now, I feel like more people are following me on the platform. They are interested in what I have to say. I feel like I have some sort of responsibility in that aspect, to inspire people while also, to try my best to remain grounded. Because it's easy to lose yourself to fame sometimes, I have experienced that before.

On her plans, what she meant by the calm before the storm on Connect and more
My plans? Oh boy, I do have a lot of it. I don't want to divulge but some good things are happening in Feb- oh, you wanna know about the calm before the storm line on my Connect caption? (Laughs) Let's just say that it's a hint to my next single from the album, which will come next month. It's not a direct connection but I think it's going to be clear as day once I announce it sooner or later. But also, I'm partnering with a huge company on something. I won't divulge into it just yet cause we're not ready to talk about it but essentially, I think this partnership is going to be huge. It's not Carey Beauty though if that's what you're thinking. That will come later in the year but for February, big things are happening and I think the lambs are going to be happy.

Soon after, Mariah and the hosts revealed that they have something special to unleash on this lovely day - an official Mirage dance video. The official dance video premiered on the show before it was immediately uploaded onto Mariah's CALTube account.

MIRAGE PERFORMANCE
Soon after, Mariah performed Mirage on the show. The performance was relatively simple and it involved only her on stage. It's clear that Mariah's setting the boundary to make her the only focus of the performance, and well deservedly so. The props behind Mariah was similar to the one that the Nights With You one had. It had a mirrored background that moves about a little here and there. Mariah stood in the middle of the stage as the intro of the song played in the background. Mariah stood confidently, posing a little for the camera. Soon after, the first part of the first verse kicked in as Mariah sang the lines of the song. Mariah performed the choreography of the song smoothly. While the first verse didn't have a lot going on in terms of choreography, Mariah still nailed it while providing stable vocals.

The second part of the first verse kicked in as the intensity in the choreography was more evident. Mariah nailed it while the mirrors behind Mariah reflected Mariah's back and made the stage light up. It was a glorious sight and it definitely helped the performance because it elevated the mood lighting to a whole new level. Soon after, the third part of the first verse as Mariah belts out the words of the song. She continued to remain stable and showcase her agility in her vocals. This is the Mariah that people stan for. She's a celebrity, a singer-songwriter and a performer. This performance showed that she's a dancer as well. As the first chorus kicked in, the lights on stage brightened up as Mariah went insane with her dance moves. She performed the intricate choreography that was given to her with ease. She belted out the lines of the song with passion and filled with emotion. It made some people that were present in the audience to get emotional too. 

The second verse kicked in as the Mariah went down vocally. She almost touched the lower depths of her vocals but still managed to make it sound amazing. It just made her vocals glide smoothly across the beat of the song. Soon after, the second chorus kicked in as Mariah shifted a key higher. She belted out the lines of the song with ease as she continues on with the choreography of the song. The outro of the song plays as Mariah slows down. She moves smoothly across the stage and showed that she could move like a graceful dancer on stage. She has nailed down that aspect of the performance for sure. As the performance comes to a close, Mariah received a standing ovation from the crowd present. 

Soon after the Mirage performance, the TV host reminded everyone in the audience that Mariah Carey's brand new album Mirage is now available for purchase on iTunes. The TV host also added that the physical exclusive is now available for purchase on Amazon. Lastly, the TV host reminded everyone that the accompanying singles Treasure, Nights With You and Mirage is also available for purchase digitally on iTunes and through streaming on Encore as well.

hector 31,485

r43oOLy.png

KYLIE ON KIIS FM | AUSTRALIA

Spoiler

The Humanize music video
KYLIE: It’s finally out! [Laughs] I highkey kept it as a secret from my fans because I wanted it to be a surprise for them to see the video out of nowhere. I know anticipation and hype is ten times better but I didn’t want to do this that way. I know my fans were expecting for a video to arrive at any moment since I’ve been talking about it non-stop for over a month [laughs] but I’ve got to be 100% honest, the video had some delays because of me not finding the right time to do everything by myself. I wanted to direct the video, do what I could to make this happen but it was just impossible. I hired Floria Sigismondi to be the one to direct the video, she was the one who directed Katy’s “E.T.” music video a long time ago and I’ve always thought that one was so beautiful and I wanted that. I’m in love with the video, I love everything about it. Check it out on Caltube if you haven’t already!

Future collaborators she wanna have
KYLIE: Oh wow, I guess that there’s a little list in my head [laughs]. The reason why I’ve only collaborated with Madonna on the Humanize EP was because I felt that no one else could fit into the kind of music that I’m doing right now besides her. Which brings me to my short list of people I wanna work with in my next projects [laughs]. I think that on Humanize someone like, Britney could’ve fit very well, Zendaya too. I love them both so much. If I’d make a Pop album which I’m planning to, I would definitely call Maluma because he has such an amazing mind for hooks and stuff like that so he would definitely be top pick for me. I’d also love to work with Katy Perry because she’s so cool and the type of Pop that she does is flawless, I know we could make something great!

Her issue with Paper Magazine
KYLIE: I had so much fun doing this shoot with Greg, I wanted to showcase what Humanize is to me but with a fun and little throwback kind of thing. I’m obsessed with Barbie, I love her so, so much and when Greg asked me to do think about a concept I immediately thought about her. You know, it definitely relates to what I’m singing about on Humanize as a whole, but on this I wouldn’t be a robot but a doll [laughs]. Thought it was a great reference for me to work out and get people to think more about the project’s message more than anything. Overall it was an amazing shoot, amazing interview, I loved having Ruth in my house and talking to her about all that I talked with her. If you haven’t read it yet, grab a copy!

hector 31,485

Ors2Lhb.png

KYLIE ON NOVA FM | AUS

Spoiler

INTERVIEW

Her inspirations behind Humanize EP
KYLIE: That’s a really good question actually.. I think that, Madonna and Bjork were my main inspirations behind this definitely. If you hear Madonna’s “Bedtime Story” song, you could definitely hear how it influenced me to write the way I write and to make the production like this. I’d also say Frozen was an inspiration too, that’s one of her best songs and the Electronic sound it has is so... Dreamy and beautiful, I wanted something like that on this EP. The Bjork influence is as bright as the day [laughs] she’s so amazing and her voice is so beautiful, I love her so much. Venus as a Boy is my ultimate Bjork song and if you haven’t heard it yet y’all should. I was so, so lucky to have had the opportunity to work with both of them in this EP! Madonna is an amazing lyricist, so is Bjork, having them by my side... Was a dream come true!

The meaning behind the Humanize music video
KYLIE: It’s pretty clear what the music video is about, I wanted to not make it seem too obvious though since I know people would think that I’m milking my experiences and my past for sales which is not what is happening right now. I thought that it was for the best to do something that connected with the song in a deeper level more than anything, I didn’t want to make a conventional music video with cute shots and whatnot even though this kinda has cute shots [laughs] but it’s all about the message. I thought that having a Kylie being “cloned” and this clone being used to fulfil the dirty fantasies of men that were controlling her was the best analogy I could use for this. I loved working on this video, it’s beautifully shot and it really means a lot to me so check it out! It’s right now on my Caltube page. 

Working with Madonna on Froid
KYLIE: As I said moments ago, she was one of the main inspirations behind Humanize as a whole because of the songs and the music she does which I find very inspiring. When I was recording this EP, I knew that someone like Madonna being on one of my songs would make sense, we had a “fight” on Twitter not too long ago and this EP is about growth, about forgiveness so i thought that having her would be monumental at least to me considering our past. It was something that I thought would add more value to the EP not only to me but to people who listened to it because of us working together and overcoming our differences to make art. We don’t have any kind of bad blood anymore, I’ll always find her inspiring and amazing too! Froid is one of my favourite songs from the EP too. Stream it on Encore and you’ll see why!

hector 31,485

veMOz7y.png

KYLIE ON THE PROJECT | AUS

Spoiler

INTERVIEW

On Humanize
KYLIE: Humanize is the kind of song that no one would understand if they didn’t knew what happened to me and why I made something like this. I know that this song is very big for me, it’s bringing so much change in my career it’s so amazing to see how many people have changed their perception towards who I am as an artist thanks to this one single song. And it makes me so happy! Most of this love is so great to see, I was so used to receive so much hate for everything that I did or that I was working on that I felt that I should quit trying to make music or been seen as a respected artist. I knew why wouldn’t they think that about me and even though I was, I couldn’t handle it. I knew that talking about my experiences and revealing to the world what was happening to me would make everyone understand why I made such erratic decisions in the past that led everyone to see me as a joke. I’m very proud of Humanize. 

The importance of streaming in music
KYLIE: Nowadays, if you don’t have your music up on any streaming you won’t be heard [laughs] that’s what I understood once I released Nostalgia last year. My past label for some kind of reason was so against Encore which is something I’ll never understand. It was until Republic Records got involved that I could get Nostalgia up on Encore and see the fruition from the streaming world coming at me. Nostalgia was such a huge hit for me on Encore, I don’t remember how much streams it has now but I remember it having like, a lot [laughs] so it’s not all about the amount of streams you get but it’s more about how many people you can reach with the help of it. Streaming is such a great aid for artists to get their music heard around the world.

Touring for Humanize EP
KYLIE: Oh, I’ve already been talking with Live Nation and Warner Music Group about beginning the production and booking some dates for the tour to happen! So I’m very excited, this would be the first time I tour because I haven’t even been able to even open for someone so it’s so crazy that I could now embark on my own tour alone. I’m on cloud 9! But right now we’re on hold with everything because I got asked to tour with Ariana Grande and we’re working that out first and then see if we could expand and add dates for my own thing because I do wanna do that too to be honest. I wanna tour with Ariana but also have my own dates that would make my fans go and see me. I’m still planning everything! But it would happen not right away because there’s a lot of stuff that has to happen before that. But it’s coming!

hector 31,485

nI1GUr0.png

KYLIE GOES TO AUSTRALIAN IDOL | AUS

Spoiler

PERFORMS HUMANIZE EP MEDLEY

Kylie would be introduced by the host of the show who was now in the middle of the stage with a cardboard of Kylie’s HUMANIZE EP on his hands and begins by saying “She’s one of the most promising rising stars of the moment, with her newly released EP ”Humanize” that has been taking the Electronic world by storm with it reaching the top 10 worldwide and spanning the hit single, “Humanize”, which reached #12 on the CAL 100 not too long ago. Now, she’s here to perform for us her for the very first time the EP. Please welcome tot he show, the incredible, KYLIE!” then you would see KYLIE lying on a table, with wires connected to her body and the table starts to lift slowly for the audience to see her as “THIS IS KYLIE” begins and a bad signal effect was seen on the screens behind her, with her suddenly opening her eyes and would start repeating the song’s lyrics over and over like a robot. Then <introduction> begins and you’d see then Kylie moving her hands beautifully as she sings, touching the wires connected to her and you’d then see dancers coming to the stage, all dressed up like the men on her music video. 

Then Humanize would begin, you would see the men around Kylie dancing to the beat of the song as she moves around the table and starts to realise what’s happening. She’d start ripping off some wires from one of her arms without the men noticing and then as she gets up the men see her and rush back to where she was as they all do a choreography to the song. Kylie would be seen alluring them and then, as if they were fighting since she was trying to break free. She’d get off the table and then go to the middle of the stage an starts performing the song’s chorus with fire machines bursting. Then a medley of Do You Love Me? and ERROR would be heard as the lights go down and you’d then see Kylie’s suit bringing light to the stage and she’d be standing in the middle of the stage singing the song and moving her body slowly. When the Do You Love Me? chorus hits, the whole stage was now bright and you could see more dancers on Kylie’s side and they were dancing. 

The last song begins, this one being Froid, you would see Madonna on the screens and she’d be dancing and singing the verses with Kylie as she kept the dancing on the stage. She’d then walk though the runway and meet some fans as the song was coming to an end. Kylie goes back to the middle of the stage and the performance ends with then the show reminding everyone to stream the EP now on Encore and to get the lead single Humanize on iTunes. Kylie was then seen greeting the judges and talking to them, waving to the fans as the show was coming to an end.