Create A Label: Season 12

hector 31,485

oOGGTgi.png

KYLIE ON CAPITAL FM | UK

Spoiler

The meaning behind the Humanize video
KYLIE: To me it was very important to show across the music video a message of hope and not giving up, like, no matter what happened to you, you still can go through everything and have a better life without having to look back and not even to your mistakes but the stuff that happened to you. I didn’t want it to be so explicit because then it makes the video not so likeable, you know, not many people like when a music video or film has their message very upfront so I didn’t want to tire the audience or the people that would see it because I wanted them to actually see it and realise what was happening and I have no doubt that everyone could see all of this honestly. I loved seeing the connect comments on my page about the music video and how much everyone was enjoying it.

On the GRAMMYs being around the corner
KYLIE: I always get so nervous even when I don’t stand a chance [laughs] like, it’s so nerve-wrecking to see this beginning because I get anxious too... Especially now that I have an EP and a song that are eligible for this year so it’s more pressure I put on myself to see what would happen in the end. I don’t know, I think that my GRAMMY chances left with Nostalgia when it wasn’t nominated last year.. I felt like that was my only chance at something [laughs] now I don’t know. But I’m excited too, to see what’s going to happen. I think we’re not too far away from nominations so it’’ll be very interesting to see who gets what considering we’ve had such a great year for music. Fingers crossed! [Laughs]

Deep cuts from HUMANIZE EP
KYLIE: Oh my.. Uhm.. I guess that Do You Love Me? would be one. I worked on this song with Troye Sivan, he’s such a talented songwriter and having him on the record was such a great experience. I was shocked he wanted to work with me [laughs] because I started working on this EP right after everyone had this hate train towards me going on [laughs] so it was nice. He’s a really nice guy. I also love the interludes and how they connect with each of the songs, so I don’t know, I am going to say this in a very egotistical way but I love the EP as a whole and I it’s amazing [laughs] I know.. But I really love it! So everyone go check it out on Encore now and give it a try. Than purchase it on iTunes too! [Laughs] Ok, enough with the self promotion and lemme say thank you to everyone who’s supporting me in any type of way. It’s all appreciated!

Image result for daily mirror logo

pQUzYFA.png

X Factor UK judge Katy Perry critcized for offensive comment 

Katy Perry made her debut performance as an X Factor UK judge tonight, as part of her full six weeks deal with ITV. The star will reportedly earn $8.7m for the entire season.

During the first episode, the audience have witnessed Perry's humor and good advice for several of the contestants. For Dylan Sterling, who is already considered one of the judge's favorites, the star gave him a standing ovation and said, "now that's what I call a performance". For Bryce Towo, who performed Lindsay Lohan's 2017 song "Lethal You", Perry said: "It's one thing to sing a song, it's another to put your own stamp on it". Jack Harrison who performed Brendon Urie's Grammy winning song "Preacher" got some helpful criticsm from the star as well who urged him to not try to replicate Brendon Urie but rather "to make that Brendon Urie song your own.  Show us who you are".

However, when Ronald Robinson came on stage to perform Lana Del Rey's Diamond certified hit "Running From Love", he did not expect to recieve Perry's problematic and offensive remark. Katy described his performance as a "crime against humanity".

Social media went wild over Perry's remark with thousands calling to fire the superstar over her "offensive" and "problematic" remark. Some took the remark as a mere joke but some stated that Katy was simply being "cruel" and a "bully". One of the viewers, Harry Taylor, expressed his opinion on Katy on Twitter, saying: "What an incompetent prat. Fire her!". Oliver Rester stated: "This season is already rubbish. Katy Bully go home!"

BftUPy4.pnguOd8j2D.pngsOVxhWW.png

#KatyPerry and #CrimeAgainstHumantiy started trending on UK Twitter shortly after the episodes aired with over 70k tweets so far.

Ronlop 7,470

@Kuba Katy Perry will recieve a boost in the UK followed by 7 negative updates in the region. A decrease in updates is attainable with an apology and clarification. 

Ronlop 7,470

PCgLjv6.png

CLOSED 

The submissions deadline is officially closed today! All submissions will be sent today to the Grammys panelists. On the 21st, we will be launching the FYC campaign which will last until the 28th this month (1 week). I will explain the process in more detail on the 21st. You will get the final nominees on Jan 30 most likely.

The performers slots will be available only once the official nominees will be announced.

Best of luck to everyone who submitted!

Harry Styles @Hector @Edu @Love So Soft

@Beauty Queen @ryjapo @RebelHeart15 

@Harry_CAL @Eglė @tigerlily13 @Jon. @BLACKPINK

@Hejira @Cosmic  @Kuba @Maria @Bleachella

@8Bit Heart  @Surrealism @Alesus  @Michael. @The Hawaiian Queen

Ronlop 7,470
1 minute ago, Bleachella said:

now

I'll be on discord in around an hour. Is that cool?

Joanne 2,131

All sales go to the Human Rights Campaign. Shirts available for $10, + shipping & handling. 

PAID PROMO - Merch sales agreed upon by Sony 

Hejira 123

37-BB28-BD-5-FB0-419-E-AE71-32-D4-DABE1-

1-DEA8-B6-D-3145-4-EDB-A77-D-4802-AFE328
IN RETROGRADE FOR THE NEW YORK TIMES

IN RETROGRADE is a duo that coalesces a variety of mediums and sonic palettes to create a sound and an image that is uniquely theirs. With “TRAICIONERA” (featuring Rosalía), they disseminate various political ideologies whilst reclaiming what it means to advocate for justice in the age of the #MeToo movement. Their intentions are to acknowledge environmental degradation, prevent the sanctification of U.S. imperialism, highlight the disparities between communities of color in various sectors, and to ultimately document their experiences with music, film, performance art and television. Solange Knowles was an astrophysicist at the Johnson Space Center. She states that the name of their duo alongside Tahliah Debrett Barnett—who also goes by FKA twigs—derives from their mutual relationship of cosmology and various fields in science.

Solange on being an astrophysicist:

S: I worked at The Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center in Houston for about 5 years approximately and it was such a rewarding experience. With [TRAICIONERA] and other songs on our upcoming project, I am able to invoke discussions that are important to me. In my verse, I state that “God’s latticework is obscured by human satellites” because upcoming mega constellations of satellites, designed to blanket Earth orbit in spacecraft beaming high-speed Internet around the world, risk filling the firmament with tens of thousands of moving points of light, which significantly deteriorates space research and observations. I find it absolutely repulsive that not a single aspect of our livelihood is unaffected by greed and corruption by individuals of higher power. Other SpaceX explorations promises the improvement of the human society altogether, but I truly believe that most billionaires and government officials do not have our best interest in mind.

T: There is this law, the National Environmental Policy Act, which requires federal agencies to take a hard look at their actions. The FCC’s lack of review of these commercial satellite projects violates [NEPA], so in the most basic sense, it would be unlawful. Through the lens of Afrofuturism, I think we are able to envision a dystopian society based on the infringement of rights and sanctuary by people today. The premise of [TRAICIONERA] is that we should all be in solidarity and through unifying and empowering others we become a stronger version of ourselves.

In 1982, Stephen King published The Running Man, the story of a violent, gladiatorial TV show where everyday citizens compete for money in a dystopian 2025 America that has collapsed into extreme wealth inequality and oppressive policing. Their visuals for tracks such as TRAICIONERA are inspired by the vision science fiction writers had in mind about how Earth would be like in the 21st century.

On filming the music video for TRAICIONERA:

T: It’s such an extraordinary feeling to be involved in whatever you do. For the video, I was inspired by the details included in films such as Blade Runner and Big Hero 6 because they envisioned an entire atmosphere which is something that I have always been inspired by. The creation of films is so delicate because a slight change in the cinematography and even the color palette can completely alter the depictions of the story that is being told. We are all still in the learning process but that’s the best part of being an artist: the drive and willingness to improve.

S: That’s such a true statement because as a designer and a curator for a museum I learned a lot about creating architectural spaces and the determination to fully execute a vision. Taking a dystopian approach may seem redundant as indicated by artists such as Grimes who are taking a more utopian look at our society, however there is a lot to be said about how these systems have become digitized and are a reinforcement of barbaric ideals. When you take a look back on history, it is so interesting to see how they predicted the future. Our future's so uncertain because it appears that human civilization is either reaching its peak or it is on the brink of a demise. This is why we were influenced by artists such as Sun Ra because he had a similar concept but the introduction of algorithms into various sectors such as medicine, the criminal justice system, and more have various consequences that are just being found.

A8-CAE394-F6-CE-4-DD9-8637-84-F393569-CF

On what they are listening to currently:

S: Ever since we had the idea of incorporating different languages into our music, we have been listening to a lot of music from around the globe. Shakira has immense potential and is really sweet. She’s also ahead of her time because I think that more bossa nova influences will be appreciated since the passing of João Gilberto last year.

T: I like a lot of K-POP songs too. Their visuals, lyrics, etc. are something that everybody should be inspired by.

BBC-News-UK.png

Kelly Discusses DYSTOM? with BBC News | UK | Free

Spoiler

Kelly Clarkson has just made her long-awaited comeback to the spotlight. She recently released her second best-selling single yet, “Better Days,” only to step away from the public eye soon after its release. Over the next seven months, silence would follow, and Kelly would retreat to be away with her family for personal reasons yet to be revealed to the general public. Now, she makes her arrival back on the scene with a bold new release – “Do You Still Think of Me?”. The track, which released this past Friday, harkens back to what Kelly originally set out to do in summer 2018 with the release of the 80s-tinged, “In the Night”. The LP it was originally intended for was shelved, however, due to Kelly not feeling satisfied with where the project was headed. Things are different now, and with Kelly finding new inspiration and direction for the album, things seem to be back on track. Now, Kelly sets out on a worldwide promotional campaign that involves TV appearances, performances, radio interviews, TV ads, and more.

As a result of continued promotion and push from her label, Accent Records, “Do You Still Think of Me?” achieved a new peak on the Hot 100 by hitting #13 after out-peaking its debut position on its release five weeks ago. This week, the single moved into the top 10, setting another new peak for the single at the #6 spot. Kelly continues the ongoing promotional tour where she gives an with BBC News.

“Do You Still Think of Me?”

Oh my gosh. My team literally just showed me that we went #1 on iTunes in the US. It’s so crazy. And you guys here in the UK have been totally as supportive of the new song as well! It really means so much. You know, I was away for a bit, and so I wasn’t sure how many people would still want to hear what I have to say with my music. Turns out there are still a lot of you! So thank you guys. This song is really special for me. The message is one that I think a lot of us can relate to – missing the good parts of a relationship that ultimately needed to end. I actually wrote the song when thinking of some past friendships, but I wanted it to be relatable and applicable to different situations for people. I think it is really cool when music does that.

Accent Records

I’ve been with Accent Records, my current record label, for like nearly four years now. It is pretty crazy. We’re still under the Sony umbrella, but moving to Accent really allowed me to embrace creative freedoms I did not experience much until I made Phoenix in 2016. It is a really freeing thing as an artist to be able to have so much say creatively. It is something really important to me because these records and such have my name forever connected to them, so I always want to put something out that I am proud of and is genuine and authentic.

Acting Dreams

It is something I have been considering lately, actually. I would love to do something like an NBC live musical or something. That would be so much fun! It would have to involve music of some sort. I’m just that way. I grew up being in musical theater during school and when I worked at Six Flags before American Idol, so it’s something I am very familiar with. Just acting alone is very uncomfortable to me, but with music thrown it, I don’t know, it sets me at ease. I think because there’s that familiarity and I always can fall back on that considering music is my first love and first talent.