Create A Label: Season 12

Touche-Pas-A-Mon-Poste-EUR.png

Kelly on Touche Pas A Mon Poste | EUR | Free

Spoiler

Kelly Clarkson has just made her long-awaited comeback to the spotlight. She recently released her second best-selling single yet, “Better Days,” only to step away from the public eye soon after its release. Over the next seven months, silence would follow, and Kelly would retreat to be away with her family for personal reasons yet to be revealed to the general public. Now, she makes her arrival back on the scene with a bold new release – “Do You Still Think of Me?”. The track, which released this past Friday, harkens back to what Kelly originally set out to do in summer 2018 with the release of the 80s-tinged, “In the Night”. The LP it was originally intended for was shelved, however, due to Kelly not feeling satisfied with where the project was headed. Things are different now, and with Kelly finding new inspiration and direction for the album, things seem to be back on track. Now, Kelly sets out on a worldwide promotional campaign that involves TV appearances, performances, radio interviews, TV ads, and more.

As a result of continued promotion and push from her label, Accent Records, “Do You Still Think of Me?” achieved a new peak on the Hot 100 by hitting #13 after out-peaking its debut position on its release five weeks ago. This week, the single moved into the top 10, setting another new peak for the single at the #6 spot. Kelly continues the ongoing promotional tour where she gives an interview and performance of “Do You Still Think of Me?” on Touche Pas A Mon Poste.

“Do You Still Think of Me?”

Our goal with the song – meaning myself and Greg Kurstin who produced it – was to really make something that made you want to get up and dance and just be happy. Whitney’s “I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)” really does that for me and really anyone I know. Just something that you can’t help but hear and be happy. From the buzzy and warm synths to the reverb-drenched snares, it just feels like everything you love about 80s pop music. I wanted it to still sound fresh and current, though, as was my goal with the rest of the album. I think we achieved that balance quite well.

Inspirations for Broken Heart Jukebox

Well, lots of things inspired me, I guess. I knew I wanted to return to pop for this record. It felt very fitting to go with a more alternative rock vibe for ANALOG, but the message and concept of Broken Heart Jukebox very much fits this 80s-esque sound. Even the imagery of the album involves a lot of mood-lighting, neon lights, that whole sort of thing that is kind of iconic from the 80s. It’s the first album I have made in a long time that I would call a happy record, and I feel like the music from the 80s was just so happy and pure. So that’s the connection there.

Touring Hopes

I really am wanting to do a full-length world tour that comes here to Europe! I really love performing and touring. It’s just a lot of fun and is my favorite thing I get to do in my career. My band and I are like family, and our crew has mostly been the same crew I tour with since the beginning of my career. So it’s just like one big family traveling on the road together. It’s something I have been talking to my husband, who manages me, about and we’re definitely going to try our best to make it happen. We didn’t get to tour my last record, which was a real bummer. So we’re gonna make it happen for this one!

Le-Claudy-Show-EUR.png

Kelly on Le Claudy Show | EUR | Free

Spoiler

Kelly Clarkson has just made her long-awaited comeback to the spotlight. She recently released her second best-selling single yet, “Better Days,” only to step away from the public eye soon after its release. Over the next seven months, silence would follow, and Kelly would retreat to be away with her family for personal reasons yet to be revealed to the general public. Now, she makes her arrival back on the scene with a bold new release – “Do You Still Think of Me?”. The track, which released this past Friday, harkens back to what Kelly originally set out to do in summer 2018 with the release of the 80s-tinged, “In the Night”. The LP it was originally intended for was shelved, however, due to Kelly not feeling satisfied with where the project was headed. Things are different now, and with Kelly finding new inspiration and direction for the album, things seem to be back on track. Now, Kelly sets out on a worldwide promotional campaign that involves TV appearances, performances, radio interviews, TV ads, and more.

As a result of continued promotion and push from her label, Accent Records, “Do You Still Think of Me?” achieved a new peak on the Hot 100 by hitting #13 after out-peaking its debut position on its release five weeks ago. This week, the single moved into the top 10, setting another new peak for the single at the #6 spot. Kelly continues the ongoing promotional tour where she gives an interview and performance of “Do You Still Think of Me?” on Le Claudy Show.

“Do You Still Think of Me?”

I’m so glad all the fans are loving this song! It makes me so happy. I really am trying to give them everything I can with this new era. I just have the best fans, and they have been so patient with me as I try to get my next record together. So it’s just a really great thing to see so many people connecting to it. I’m really proud of how it turned out. The video shows it from the point of view of a romantic relationship, but I really wrote it about past friendships of mine. It’s about how, you know, even though some of those friendships ended for the better, there are still some of those good memories and moments you have and miss. It’s not even a feeling of like, “man, I wish we were still friends or together or whatever”, but just recognizing that the relationship, friendship, or whatever had good in it.

Shawn Mendes

Oh my gosh, I just love Shawn! We have recently become friends, and he is just such a great guy. My team showed me that he put me on the cover of his Encore playlist this week, which was so sweet! He’s tweeted out support for me in the past, and I just really appreciate him. We get along really well together. Perhaps we’ll collaborate on something in the future. You never know what could happen! We are on the same label after all. And his new song is so awesome! He sent me the music video before it premiered today, and I absolutely love it. You guys have to go check it out if you haven’t already! And if you have already, then go watch it again. It’s that good. [Laughs]

Connect

I really am loving Connect. I’m just now getting into it more. I love how it gives such direct access to your fans. The clean interface really helps get things straight to the point. We’re really trying to embrace it more, and as such, I’ll be posting a lot of exclusive stuff over there as we get closer to the release of the album. I really want to use it to let the fans know the personal details of everything that is going into this new album. Some of the stuff I post on there won’t necessarily make it to Twitter, or might make it to Twitter later, so I really encourage the fans to get on there and go follow me so they can get all the information as soon as they can! I also try to reply to the fans the most on there.  

SHAWNHEADER.pngScreen-Shot-2020-01-19-at-3-28-34-AM.pngScreen-Shot-2020-01-19-at-3-30-55-AM.pngScreen-Shot-2020-01-19-at-3-31-47-AM.png

Spoiler

Shawn mendes has entered a new phase of his career and it promises to be even more exciting than ever before. Following the conclusion of his sold out world tour, Shawn went into a brief period of rest before returning with Watch Me Bleed, the lead single from his forthcoming extended play The Miami Experiment. The song has started off impressively, netting Shawn his highest single debut yet. It’s also received an incredible response from his fans with many calling it hest best sigle to date. To promote the single, Shawn has embarked on a worldwide promotional tour.

ON THE CONCEPT FOR THE WATCH ME BLEED VIDEO

“Watch Me Bleed makes allusions to the relationship in question being a bad one and I really wanted to build on that for the music video. I’ve talked a lot lately about wanting to use my platform to spread awareness for things that matter to me and this is a subject that is sensitive to me. The video is a bit hard to watch and that’s by design. In the topic of partner violence, I don’t think that there’s been much attention paid to male victims. And really that’s because statistically speaking it’s far more rare. I just wanted to show the other side of the topic because it does happen, men can be victims and more often than not they don’t report it because they fear judgement. I just hope that if there’s someone out there who needed to see the video, especially the message at the end, saw it.”

ON KELLY CLARKSON

“It’s really cool that we’re becoming such good friends honestly. I’ve been a fan of hers since Thankful. Low was actually one of the first songs I learned how to play on guitar! She has a reputation for being a kind soul and that could not be more true for her. She is one of the sweetest, most down to earth people that I have ever met, especially in this business. She doesn’t let her status get to her head and keeps it real and fair with everyone that she meets. I can’t help but admire that and admire what she does. Her new song is one of her best and I’m so excited to see it doing so well!”

ON WHY HE’S NOT PERFORMED THE NEW SONG MUCH

“When I perform a song, I don’t often do it unless there’s a strong concept behind it. At the moment, I think I’m still getting a grasp on the song’s weight and how I want to make it happen. I’ve done it a couple of times at small events and it’s been pretty simple and straightforward. I’ve been working on ideas for how to bring it to the stage better and I have hopes that it’ll be happening much sooner rather than later. Just keep your eye on it!

hector 31,465

56Te0Io.png

HILARY DUFF ON BILLBOARD RADIO | ASIA

Spoiler

INTERVIEW

Working with Harry Styles 
Hilary: It’s been such a dream come true, I’ve always been a huge fan of his! One day I got a call from my label that they had someone that would like to meet me and I remember I went to Brendon’s studio, the one he built in his house and calls Urielectric [laughs] so I came and there he was, sitting right next to Brendon and they were all discussing about doing music and stuff, I was so starstruck! So we sat down and started to talk about what we could do together and he came up with three songs which are incredible, they are so good! I think they are the best from the album [laughs] he also is featured in one of the tracks off the album and lended his voice for some background vocals. He’s such an amazing artist.  

The Hurt Me music video
Hilary: When the moment came for me to release a music video for Hurt Me, I didn’t knew if it was going to go through with the ideas that I had in my mind since I’m indie, and it’s kinda more difficult for us to do some stuff because of the limitations we had.. But Brendon came swinging and he was like “I’m producing the music video!” so we have a video for Hurt Me because of him and I’ll never forget that. We filmed the music video on three, four days I think, I don’t remember [laughs] but it was because of the choreography that we had to do and rehearsals for it also took some time of the day from us but ultimately, it did pay off! I love the music video and it’s so nice to see that everyone loves it too. Check it out on Caltube!

The sound of Spellbound
Hilary: I was discussing that with Brendon not too long ago, but I decided to go with Country. We were going to make Spellbound be like, Alternative, but then we decided that wasn’t the right path for me. After Hurt Me, we both thought that we needed something that would fit with the story of the album and that’s when I decided to try and go with Country. We’ve got like, five songs done already? And that’s so good. I can’t wait for everyone to hear the album already. But I don’t know when it’s coming out [laughs] I guess soon? But it all depends if I end up finishing the album. My goal is to release it before summer and I release a new song during it too. But let’s see what happens!

hector 31,465

b8C36ri.png

HILARY DUFF ON J-WAVE FM | ASIA

Spoiler

INTERVIEW

On Hurt Me
Hilary:I still can’t believe that this song is one of my biggest hits ever [laughs] it’s so unexpected for me and my team to receive this huge wave of love towards me and also seeing the song grow and grow stronger each day! I’m so surprised. But I guess it also is because I’m working hard on getting myself be out there and make people be interested on the music that I do and her what I have to say, my stories, which is why I do what I do. I also say this because seeing a ballad do so good, especially from someone like me who has been absent for basically, forever [laughs] is up there with Maluma and Mariah on the charts. It’s so surreal but I always try to not get that to my head. Thank you and keep streaming on Today’s Top Hits!  

On returning to music
Hilary: It felt so weird when I returned [laughs] like, I had so many years off and everything has changed so drastically it’s insane. Like, when I released Codes, I didn’t have Encore to back me up, so it’s amazing to see how music has been changing and adapting to the times the best way possible. I was nervous too, because when I released Spellbound I saw that not many people were here for the music that I released so my label was like “we could give you some time to think about this” so I left Republic Records for a while to get my stuff together [laughs] I have to keep going, I’m right now doing music that I love and many people are paying attention. It’s my time.

Her relationship with Shawn
Hilary: We get along pretty well! Many would think we would not even talk to each other after breaking up but we do [laughs] not every single day, but we do talk regularly and I love that. He’s such a great friend and gives me the best advices for my career, which I appreciate the most. I also have to say that he was such a huge part of my life, I sound like a broken record when I say this, but I didn’t want him to completely disappear from my life because we broke up. That’s not how I am! [Laughs] And I’m so glad that he’s doing amazingly, his new music is so good, the music video too. I love that he always has a chance to make his stuff have a lot of social messages, it’s just brilliant!

hector 31,465

GrayJPy.png

HILARY DUFF GOES TO JOAU FM | ASIA

Spoiler

INTERVIEW

On her next projects
Hilary: Right now I’m 100% focused on getting Spellbound recorded, mastered, everything! That’s my main goal and I hope I can have this all soon [laughs] I get impatient when it comes to album releases because I always am so excited to read and hear the reaction from fans when my music drops. If you talk genre wise, then I can say that I’m working on Country right now but that doesn’t meant that I’m going to work on Country forever! I wanna expand myself as an artist and do Pop, EDM, even R&B in the future. I love switching genres and showcase versatility as an artist with these kind of stuff. I felt that me doing Country first instead of going full on Pop, was better because of the type of stories I wanted to share on the song.

Writing Hurt Me with Brendon Urie
Hilary: I remember that we were on the Misconceptions world tour when I showed him the song and he immediately fell in love with it and told me to work together in music since I already discussed with him that I was working on my new album. We recorded all the songs that we’ve done together in his home studio, so working with him has been a great experience! I’ve always loved Brendon and have been such a huge fan of the music that he has been doing as a solo artist, it feels more raw and artistic to me. Having him as a mentor, all I asked from him is that he should help me to create an outstanding album for my fans that have been waiting a long time and also, myself. 

Having Shawn Mendes on the Hurt Me video
Hilary: It was very important to have him there, I feel like him going to the video set and help me record this video just shows how much we’ve out-grown us breaking up. Also, to me it also meant like a closure of who we were as a couple in the best way possible! I remember that after filming the song we hang out in the studio and talk about a lot of things but it was mostly me thanking him for coming and film the video with me and make it something so big for my career. Like, it has more than 10 million views! That’s such a huge compliment to what I do, I’m so grateful for the love. I’d love every little thing of this video because it’s literally how I envisioned the concept and all and now, everyone can see it on Caltube. 

hector 31,465

Am8aEsq.png

HILARY DUFF ON JSG | ASIA

Spoiler

INTERVIEW

On Spellbound
Hilary: Uhm, this is one of the first songs I wrote for Spellbound a really long time ago. It wasn’t for someone in special, it was just a song that I wanted to record but use some prior experiences for it but that was basically it. I know that many people have the tendency to always attach a song we do to another person, if that makes sense? Even though I love that because that means people are paying attention, it tends to get a little annoying honestly. But I guess we all do have to answer that though.. Well don’t mind me [laughs] but yes the song was also released to test the waters and it still do good! So that’s why we went ahead with the song,  I saw so many people digging it. Hopefully they love the album too.

On the importance of Encore
Hilary: It’s definitely important! Especially for new artists because this helps us in such an immense way, if you think about it. I upload a song there and it could be listened around the world. Because of Encore many new artists emerged  but I’d say that the most notably for this was Maluma without a doubt. Especially because he was the one that popularised streaming since the beginning of Encore back in 2017 and this changed the industry so much! Hurt Me has also been doing so incredibly well on Encore too, as far as I know it’s near 30 million streams there. So please check it out and give it a listen! Oh and follow me there, we’re really close to 100 thousand thee.

Being Independent 
Hilary: When Republic Records decided to sign me once again, all I asked was to let me be independent and not signed to a corporation because now I could be 100% totally free and do what I want! [Laughs] not what I want but, you understand.. Being in a corporation is definitely hard for artists, that’s why I decided to not do that but you know, if the right deal comes through one time I would sign it because it also is a lot of money lost while being independent. But I also enjoy the freedom creativity that my label lets me have towards everything I do. Call it music, etc, they have always put me first. Right now I’m not looking for a corporation but we’ll see in the future.

SHAWNHEADER.pngScreen-Shot-2020-01-19-at-3-51-26-AM.pngScreen-Shot-2020-01-19-at-3-51-54-AM.pngScreen-Shot-2020-01-19-at-3-31-47-AM.png

Spoiler

Shawn mendes has entered a new phase of his career and it promises to be even more exciting than ever before. Following the conclusion of his sold out world tour, Shawn went into a brief period of rest before returning with Watch Me Bleed, the lead single from his forthcoming extended play The Miami Experiment. The song has started off impressively, netting Shawn his highest single debut yet. It’s also received an incredible response from his fans with many calling it hest best sigle to date. To promote the single, Shawn has embarked on a worldwide promotional tour.

ON THE CHALLENGES OF FILMING THE WATCH ME BLEED VIDEO

“Whenever you talk about something sensitive, it’s always a tricky thing to do from a creation point of view. It’s not at all lost on me the amount of people that are affected by partner violence and when discussing it or depicting, I have to keep them in mind. Watch Me Bleed was made with care to try and be as respectful as we possibly could. The big thing for me about this video was to not paint the victim of the story as a weak figure. The social stigma that surrounds male victims is that they have to be physically or emotionally weak to be a victim and that’s just not the case. In creating the person seen in the video, I knew I needed to show that a normal person with no weaknesses could be on the receiving end. I had a lot of conversations with people who were experienced to coach me on it and I think that’s the best decision I made in production.”

ON FILMING A MUSIC VIDEO WITH HILARY DUFF

“I wasn’t expecting the invitation but I’m glad that she extended it. She really was very up front about how important it was to her. And through her explaination of why, I realized that it was important to me as well. I loved the concept, I loved what she and Brendon wanted to do with it. I believe that the final product speaks for itself. It was really one of, if not the most relaxed shoot that I’ve ever been a part of. We still have a lot of natural chemistry and we still get along incredibly well so it made the collaborative process a pretty simple one overall. I love what we got to do and I love what it shows to people.”

ON HIS GROWING INDUSTRY PRESENCE

“It feels like I’m advancing more and more every day and I really love the feeling. I’ve come a long way in a relatively short amount of time and I couldn’t be more grateful. My peers have begun to really accept me in and it’s a humbling experience. These are people I’ve looked up to for so long and to hear them complimenting me and my work…that’s a big wow moment for me.”

SHAWNHEADER.pngScreen-Shot-2020-01-19-at-4-24-32-AM.pngScreen-Shot-2020-01-19-at-4-24-53-AM.pngScreen-Shot-2020-01-19-at-3-31-47-AM.png

Spoiler

Shawn Mendes has entered a new phase of his career and it promises to be even more exciting than ever before. Following the conclusion of his sold out world tour, Shawn went into a brief period of rest before returning with Watch Me Bleed, the lead single from his forthcoming extended play The Miami Experiment. The song has started off impressively, netting Shawn his highest single debut yet. It’s also received an incredible response from his fans with many calling it hest best sigle to date. To promote the single, Shawn has embarked on a worldwide promotional tour.

ON DIRECTING THE WATCH ME BLEED VIDEO

“I began directing my own videos beginning with Mysterious Skin. Prior to that, I mainly collaborated with an independent filmmaker named Andrew Worthy and I learned a lot from him as we worked together. If I’m being honest, of all of the videos I’ve directed, this one challenged me the most. I had to toe such a fine line with the content that I was putting on the screen and had to make creative choices that I had to really stop and mull over. Ultimately I had a cast and a crew that placed their complete trust in me and that made all the difference in the world. It was a great shoot and in the process we ended up with the best video I’ve released.”

ON WHEN THE TRACKLIST REVEAL WILL HAPPEN

“Very soon actually. I’m not going to give an exact date, but it’ll be soon. Two tracks everyone already knows. Obviously Watch Me Bleed, but another song that I’ve talked about called What We Say in the Dark which is tied with Watch Me Bleed as my favorite track on the project. This is an EP so there’s not a big long selection of songs or anything like that, it’s a tight six tracks. I’ve designed the project as a semi-autobiographical story with each track being a snapshot of a moment in life. It’s a mix of truth of my own life and elements of fiction, those fiction elements allowing me some comfort in telling these stories.”

ON HIS ECO FRIENDLY ERA COMMITMENT

“Throughout all of the EP and the album support, including the tour, my team and I will be doing our part to reduce our carbon footprint. The situation in Australia really influenced me in a big way to do what I could in terms of helping the planet. The merchandise is made from all recycled material, no plastics will be involved. We travel in hybrid vehicles. It’s small things that add up. I highly encourage the Mendies to join me in reducing their footprint. You can head over to my website for information about how to do it and how to get involved with some organizations to make that happen.”

SHAWNHEADER.pngScreen-Shot-2020-01-19-at-5-22-58-AM.pngScreen-Shot-2020-01-19-at-5-24-33-AM.pngScreen-Shot-2020-01-19-at-3-31-47-AM.png

Spoiler

Shawn Mendes has entered a new phase of his career and it promises to be even more exciting than ever before. Following the conclusion of his sold out world tour, Shawn went into a brief period of rest before returning with Watch Me Bleed, the lead single from his forthcoming extended play The Miami Experiment. The song has started off impressively, netting Shawn his highest single debut yet. It’s also received an incredible response from his fans with many calling it hest best sigle to date. To promote the single, Shawn has embarked on a worldwide promotional tour.

ON THE MEANING OF THE NEW SINGLE’S TITLE

“The song cycled through a couple of different titles actually. When I wrote the first draft of it, it was called Beautiful Liar but I was always kind of turned off by it. It didn’t sound right and while it made some sense in context, I didn’t consider it really all that reflective of the song. I went through more, I don’t remember them all. One was like Stitches or something dumb like that, just a place holder. The line that the title comes from was added in around the third or fourth draft which was the draft taken to production. I liked the sound of it. It’s not literal of course, it’s more of a representation of what being in that sort of situation feels like. The relationship that the song’s based on wasn’t a physically abusive one, but it was a mentally abusive one and that’s the kind of headspace I found myself in. It was like bleeding out and that person just stood there at watched.”

ON HIS ENCORE PLAYLIST

“I was blessed to be given a playlist to share some really amazing music. The concept of Counter Culture is basically any song that dares to do something different. I’m not a big fan of run of the mill, radio ready songs that feel like a product. I’m into songs with weird production or an uncommon structure or lyrics that talk about something really meaningful. I kinda feel like there’s too much product music out there and I really wanna higlight the artists that aren’t following those trends, but setting their own. All the music on the playlist is music I love and music I couldn’t recommend higher.”

ON CONNECT

“I love it because I get a chance to be one on one with the Mendies and get to get their reactions and thoughts instantly. I’ve not been responding that much lately because I’ve been so slammed, but I’ll be hanging in the comments soon! I love getting to talk and share some cool photos of what’s coming and things that make me happy.”

hector 31,465

w34e3Lt.png

HILARY DUFF ON GOOD MORNING BRITAIN | UK

Spoiler

INTERVIEW

Making Hurt Me the lead single
Hilary: Many people would think that me being in the position that I am right now as basically a new artist, I would need to release something that needed to be commercial from the get-go but I didn’t want to fall into that kind of formula and do my thing. I wasn’t expecting this to become a huge hit for me, I was so surprised to see it climb up the charts every week honestly! Entering the top 10 and being next to big names like Lana, Maluma, Mariah it’s so surreal for me. Who would’ve thought? [Laughs] I didn’t think this could become that kind of huge mainstream success for me, and I say huge because it is for me! I haven’t have had this kind of success since 2016 so it’s so mind-blowing. All there’s left to say is that thank you to everyone who has been supporting this song in every single way. I really appreciate it!

Making a Country album
Hilary: To me, it’s something that I’ve always wanted to do too from the beginning of my career. Country is a genre that I grew up with, my mom and grandma used to play me Dolly records back to back all day long and I always remember having such a great time. I dived into Pop first because that’s what you were supposed to do when you were signed to Disney, they didn’t even let me have any kind of input on the songs I sang or anything and because I was under a contract I wasn’t able to do anything I wanted but right now I can so that’s why I wanted to begin with Country. Spellbound is a really especial album for me and I wanted to do things my way and it’s working. People are listening and enjoying my music, which gives me such a relief [laughs].

The inspirations behind Spellbound
Hilary: I don’t get this question often asked so I thank you for that [laughs] Uhm.. I’d say that my main inspiration for the album is Dolly Parton, as I’ve said before she’s such a huge inspiration for me and I think that having her be the main inspiration for Spellbound makes sense to me. I also find Florence Welch very intriguing and beautiful, like her lyrics are like that, and I hope that I could one day write like that [laughs] so i guess you could say she’s also an inspiration. Actually, I’ve been very inspired by Brendon! I can say Misconceptions is also one of my main inspirations from the album because I find it so beautiful, from the visuals tot he songs, to the production, everything is perfection and I want something like that.. Hopefully Spellbound lives up to the expectations I’m setting myself up [laughs]. 

PERFORMS HURT ME & SPELLBOUND

Hilary would be announced as the performer for today’s show, and the host would do a quick introduction to who Hilary is to the audience and viewers. After that, she’d be standing in the middle of the stage wearing a jumpsuit with sequins that would reflect across the stage thanks to the lighting. Hilary would perform an acoustic version of Spellbound before continuing to her biggest hit, Hurt Me, showcasing her delicate vocals through the acoustic guitar. The performance ends and the host reminds everyone to get both songs.