Create A Label: Season 12

CBS-This-Morning-US.png

Kelly on CBS This Morning | US | Free

Spoiler

Kelly Clarkson has just made her long-awaited comeback to the spotlight. She recently released her second best-selling single yet, “Better Days,” only to step away from the public eye soon after its release. Over the next seven months, silence would follow, and Kelly would retreat to be away with her family for personal reasons yet to be revealed to the general public. Now, she makes her arrival back on the scene with a bold new release – “Do You Still Think of Me?”. The track, which released this past Friday, harkens back to what Kelly originally set out to do in summer 2018 with the release of the 80s-tinged, “In the Night”. The LP it was originally intended for was shelved, however, due to Kelly not feeling satisfied with where the project was headed. Things are different now, and with Kelly finding new inspiration and direction for the album, things seem to be back on track. Now, Kelly sets out on a worldwide promotional campaign that involves TV appearances, performances, radio interviews, TV ads, and more.

As a result of continued promotion and push from her label, Accent Records, “Do You Still Think of Me?” achieved a new peak on the Hot 100 by hitting #13 after out-peaking its debut position on its release five weeks ago. This week, the single moved into the top 10, setting another new peak for the single at the #6 spot. Most recently, “Do You Still Think of Me?” moved over 400k copies in just one week – a record week of sales for the song! Kelly continues the ongoing promotional tour where she gives an interview and performance of “Do You Still Think of Me?” on CBS This Morning.

“Do You Still Think of Me?”

This song is one I am so proud of. Seeing the fans response to it has been so great. I was on a hiatus for a while. That time was so necessary for me reconnect with my love for music with no pressure or anything to create this next big hit single or anything. So, having gone through that process and now releasing this song and soon my next album, it feels really great. Greg Kurstin has always been one of my favorite producers. We have worked together since my album Stronger. He produced this song and did such a great job with bringing out all the 80s dance-y sounds I wanted. He just is such a great human being that is so gifted and talented. That’s really rare to find someone like that in this industry. I have worked with a lot of jerks, so when I find someone like Greg I latch on to them [Laughs]. He produced, like, most of this new album too.

Promotional World Tour

Gosh, we have been so busy. It’s been a good busy, though. I have really enjoyed getting back out to do promo for this new single. I really haven’t done a full-length and proper single release since, like, “Bite” back in 2018. “In the Night” and “Better Days” were released, but we did relatively short cycles for them due to different things going on in my life at the time. It has been great getting to see all the fans again in between our stops at different places. This new single and the whole record are both things I am so passionate about, so getting to perform and talk about all the new music is amazing.

Songs She’d Like to Cover

Oh my gosh, so many! That’s actually one of my favorite things to do on tour. We always do this thing every show where fans will tweet us a song each they want to hear me cover and we’ll learn it the day of each show. It can be stressful sometimes, but I really love it. I mean, I got my start in the industry by being on Idol and singing covers, so it’s a really cool thing. Songs I’d like to still cover? Man, I love Whitney [Houston] so much. She’s one of my biggest inspirations. I’d love to cover “I Believe in You and Me” one day. It’s a huge song and I’d definitely not do it justice [Laughs], but I would love to sing it.

Pitchfork-US.png

Kelly Talks with Pitchfork | US | Free

Spoiler

Kelly Clarkson has just made her long-awaited comeback to the spotlight. She recently released her second best-selling single yet, “Better Days,” only to step away from the public eye soon after its release. Over the next seven months, silence would follow, and Kelly would retreat to be away with her family for personal reasons yet to be revealed to the general public. Now, she makes her arrival back on the scene with a bold new release – “Do You Still Think of Me?”. The track, which released this past Friday, harkens back to what Kelly originally set out to do in summer 2018 with the release of the 80s-tinged, “In the Night”. The LP it was originally intended for was shelved, however, due to Kelly not feeling satisfied with where the project was headed. Things are different now, and with Kelly finding new inspiration and direction for the album, things seem to be back on track. Now, Kelly sets out on a worldwide promotional campaign that involves TV appearances, performances, radio interviews, TV ads, and more.

As a result of continued promotion and push from her label, Accent Records, “Do You Still Think of Me?” achieved a new peak on the Hot 100 by hitting #13 after out-peaking its debut position on its release five weeks ago. This week, the single moved into the top 10, setting another new peak for the single at the #6 spot. Most recently, “Do You Still Think of Me?” moved over 400k copies in just one week – a record week of sales for the song! Kelly continues the ongoing promotional tour where she gives an interview with news publication Pitchfork.

This new single came together in a really interesting way, really. I called Greg [Kurstin over I finished writing it in the span of maybe 30 minutes, and he quit working on another song we had been working on together at the time and started to then work on “Do You Still Think of Me?”. He was fixing up the production on the other song – adding some details to it – while I was in another room of the studio. The song came together incredibly quickly. We both just were feeling really inspired, and I think that came through in the song. Musically, it’s a very happy and enthusiastic song, which is what I wanted. I think it’s just one of those songs that makes you want to get up and dance!

Her Writing Process

My writing process can vary from time to time, but often it will just happen at random. I am not one of these people who can go, “Okay, let’s meet at 5 and sit down to write a song”. It just doesn’t happen. I mean, it is obviously possible, but I am never happy with the song. I wish I could be that way, because that would make things way easier on me and my team [Laughs], but oh well. We all have our way of writing! Mine just has to come when the inspiration strikes. Now, typically I’ll get a few lines of something. So I’ll write it down or sing it into voice memos in my phone, and then I’ll go in the studio or sit down at the piano to finish out the song.

Touring Hopes

I know I keep teasing the fans with a world tour. It’s not official yet. We haven’t really even discussed it with my team outside of my husband who manages me. We both are gonna make it happen, but it is more of a timing thing at this point. There are some.. other things that are going to happen this year that I am really excited about. Things that I have been working on and working toward for a while, so to see them get ready to come about is exciting. I can’t reveal what they are just yet, but both things are things I have never done before in my career. One especially will impact my schedule, so we’re just needing to sit down and figure out how to fit it all in. Which, really, it’s not about how to fit it in, per se, but more what’s the best way to fit it in.

Fuse-US.png

Kelly Chats with Fuse | US | Free

Spoiler

As a result of continued promotion and push from her label, Accent Records, “Do You Still Think of Me?” achieved a new peak on the Hot 100 by hitting #13 after out-peaking its debut position on its release five weeks ago. This week, the single moved into the top 10, setting another new peak for the single at the #6 spot. Most recently, “Do You Still Think of Me?” moved over 400k copies in just one week – a record week of sales for the song! Kelly continues the ongoing promotional tour where she gives an interview with news publication Fuse.

I am so grateful for the response to “Do You Still Think of Me?”. You know, we, meaning my team and myself, have really been working hard at getting this song out into the world. It’s great to see people responding to it. Sales, charts.. all that stuff has obviously never mattered much to me, but you of course, as an artist, always hope for that and hope for the music you release to do well. So it’s great to see that happening. I knew when I wrote this song it was the best choice to lead off the album. It just so perfectly introduces people to the sound of the album. I love that “Do You Still Think of Me?” has so many qualities musically that represent that joyful and nostalgic sound of the 80s – the atmospheric synths, loud snare, and tight guitar tones that really make you just want to get up and dance.

Her Team

My team – oh my gosh! I literally could not do my job without them. I mean, I wish I could take everyone behind the scenes every day to show that this – meaning everything with me as “Kelly Clarkson” – is happening because of the village of people around me. People who are at the label working my single at radio, booking promo for me, and helping me with planning future products.. it’s awesome. I’m at a point in my career too where I genuinely love everyone I work with. Some time ago, I could not always say that. So it is great to work with awesome people all around.

Broken Heart Jukebox

I’m doing some last minute additions to the album, actually. There’s some songs I recently have written that I really waned to be on the record, so since we had a little bit of extra time left, I decided to add them to it. We’re finishing those up right now. After that, we’ll be ready for release! It is kind of crazy because I stated writing this album back in, well, July? I would say it was finished, for the most part, in late August or early September, but honestly, I just keep going back and polishing it and making it even better. I just love this record so much, and I want it to be just right, so since I have had the time to perfect it, that is just what I’ve done in the past six months since I started writing it! It’ll be out sooner than you think!

Joanne 2,132

ari7 @hector omg i need to dig a manip from a year ago. That photo is almost the exact concept for the Nostalgia video before you gave me the futuristic set idea. OMG BRITNEY