Create A Label: Season 12

Jon. 8,588

283tj6x.png
jungkook satellite interview with Music On! TV (Asia)

Jon. 8,588

25sfj54.png
jungkook kbs world erase the dawn live performance (Asia)

hector 31,491

CVZRpja.png

ARIANA GRANDE RICHARD NIXON GRAMMY INTERVIEW | USA

Spoiler

- Hello and welcome! Today we have an incredible artist here with us, the amazing... Ariana Grande! How are you Ari? It's been such a long time since we've seen you..
Ariana: [Laughs] I know, I know, I'm the worst. But it's been great, I've had time for me to grow personally and uhm... Do more stuff than just music. But this is not the time or the place for that [laughs]. 
- [Laughs] That's true.. But we're all excited! I got the news that you're back to GRAMMY® winning recording label, Republic Records. You're always back and forth. What made you return this time around?
Ariana: Oh yeah. All the time. We're always back and forth [laughs] but I'll always find a home in Republic Records, because we've been through it all and I feel like.. Very grateful, you know, for them letting me expand myself and try new things. But I'll always fly back in here, it's home.. Yeah...
- You know what they say, home is where the heart is!
Ariana: Definitely! [Laughs].
- Ok moving on a little bit, let's start talking about your GRAMMY nominations. But first, you won two GRAMMYs already..
Ariana: Three actually [laughs] Oh my God I'm so sorry, I didn't wanna interrupt and be... Like this [laughs]
- [Laughs] No! It's fine it was my bad. Three GRAMMYs. Which is impressive, looking back at these wins you've had, what are your thoughts?
Ariana: Oh! Uhm... I don't know.. I guess it's, a blessing, literally, to have had the opportunity to win not one but three GRAMMYs. Which is insane.. It feels like an incredible reward to the hard work I put into these records and yeah.. I guess that is. It's a blessing.
- You won, "Best Pop Vocal Album" & "Best Recording Package" for your album, Ariana Grande, and your last one being "Best Pop Duo/Group" for the Brendon Urie collaboration, Preacher. These are big awards!
Ariana: They are! Which is so insane. I got my first GRAMMY for Recording Package, I was so blessed to have been a part of the designing of the album. I always give credit to the people I work with and I'm gonna do it now again, I wanna say thank you to the amazing designers who helped me bring this to life. Give designers their deserved recognition! [Laughs] I worked with Ciarra Pardo & Brian Roettinger, who helped me give Ariana Grande this really cool look like as if it was my diary. I loved it. Also, I love Brendon too! I was so happy when he called me and told me to be a part of Preacher. It's such an insane song..
- Such an amazing song, and album! You really killed it on both. This year you are nominated once again on "Best Pop Vocal Album" with your EP, liability, so let's talk about that. I want to say, I heard the EP when it came out and I felt connected with every song you wrote on there. It was like, seeing myself in a mirror, but this mirror would be your music. What made you write such personal songs?
Ariana: [Laughs] That's so nice to hear, thank you! Uhm... 2018 and also, 2019, were the hardest years for me. I don't wanna be like, boo effing hoo, but it is like that.. I went through some really hard stuff. Especially with my engagement being off, me getting really stressed and over-worked with the Ariana Grande era.. It was tough, it really was. So I did what I could do best and that was recording music. I went to the studio with a group of friends, I didn't want anyone that I don't personally know in the studio because this was such a raw and personal record that I felt like, I needed someone that would help me get my thoughts into words. Like for example, I worked on "liability" with Victoria Monet who's my best friend and she knows everything I go through and understands me, so she was that support that I needed. Writing music that is actually really personal, is the best and the worst at the same time because it helps you get all these feelings off your chest and help you move on but also, you're always reminding yourself about all the stuff that you go through. 
- Like your song, Break Your Heart, which is nominated for "Best R&B Recording"..
Ariana: Yeah exactly. I feel like, this EP was hard for me to promote and to actually go out there and say "hey, here's what I did! come hear me cry" [laughs] but I still went through with it. Even though, I didn't. But you know... I worked hard on liability and I wanted people to hear it and understand why I was taking my time with music and with creating stuff for my fans and actually, everyone. I'm a human too, I needed my space.
- Which is why, liability is such an important record. I'd dare to say, bigger than Ariana Grande. We got to know Ariana on her rawest here.
Ariana: Oh, definitely. I feel it's such a bigger record just because of that. I don't care about the sales or the amount of streams because that's just, I don't know, that to me it's something that yeah, indicates the success of what you're sharing with everyone but honestly.. I'd rather read a comment of someone saying that they connected to my music and that they understand me than getting a Platinum plaque at my doorstep. It's far more important. 
- I get what you mean..
Ariana: Thank you. That's all I needed [laughs]
- [Laughs] 
Ariana: Yeah but I mean, writing and recording liability was an amazing ride. It fit perfectly with the way I carried myself through the year and uhm, the way I felt during it too. I was like, so lost and heartbroken most of the time so yeah.. This was a very healing record, I do feel a lot better now. Having to write and make this, then put it our and do my thing at my own pace helped me heal and get over the bad stuff that I went through. 
- Do these GRAMMY nominations feel different? I mean, do you feel like it hit you different that liability got a nomination on "Best Pop Vocal Album" than when Ariana Grande got it?
Ariana: That's a hard question.. Because, it did hit different. In very different ways. Ariana Grande gave me my first music wise GRAMMY nomination, which was so insane. I was nominated with Belinda the previous GRAMMYs, but, this was like.. All me. And I was freaking out and I don't know.. [sighs] I felt realised. With liability, it hit me in the way that woah, man, that's crazy. I poured my heart into this, my tears, everything and it got these huge recognition. It's different. 
- That's amazing... Thank you so much for being here Ariana, I wish you all the luck in the world at the GRAMMYs this year. 
Ariana; Thank you so much, I really loved being here.

SHAWNHEADER.pngScreen-Shot-2020-02-02-at-7-31-50-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2020-02-02-at-7-32-06-PM.pngSHAWNFOOTER.png

Spoiler

Shawn Mendes has entered a new phase of his career and it promises to be even more exciting than ever before. Following the conclusion of his sold out world tour, Shawn went into a brief period of rest before returning with Watch Me Bleed, the lead single from his forthcoming extended play The Miami Experiment. The song has started off impressively, netting Shawn his highest single debut yet. It’s also received an incredible response from his fans with many calling it hest best sigle to date. To promote the single, Shawn has embarked on a worldwide promotional tour.

ON WATCH ME BLEED’S VIDEO SUCCESS:

“At the moment, it’s my third most viewed video and my fastest to cross 50 million. I’m honestly kind of floored by it. I’ve never really had the most impressive view stats. I’ve only got one video with 100 million views. So Watch Me Bleed being viewed so much so soon is really amazing to see. It gives me hope that the video’s message reached the people that it was meant to. Honestly, I’m glad that the video’s been so embraced because I think it’s a topic that my fanbase, young people, need to talk about. Partner violence is incredibly prevelant in my age demographic and the likliehood of reporting is even lower among that age group than older people. I just hope that it lande the way I intended it to and spreads the message that I intended it to.”

ON THE UPCOMING THE MIAMI EXPERIMENT RELEASE:

“Not too long now! I’m so excited to be sharing this music with everyone. I’ve never been more excited to release a project before, it’s crazy. I mean, I was excited for Human, but this is a totally different kind of excitement. This is something new, something fresh, uncharted territory for me. I’ve never made this kind of music before and I’m nervous to see how everyone will react to it, but I couldn’t be more excited for it either. There’s just so many complicated feelings that come along with releasing new music. But that’s just part of the gig and I’ve come to accept the nerves as a sign of good things to come.”

ON HIS GROWTH AS A WRITER:

“One of the most noticeable things about this project is just how miles above it is than what’s come before it lyrically. I’ve tried my best to refine my skills and buckle down when it comes to the words I’m putting on paper. There’s not a single song on this EP that didn’t go through multiple drafts to get where it ended up and that’s not something I can say for work say on The Resistance. It’s paid off in a big way and I think people are going to be impressed with the new and improved work.”

hector 31,491

jLVSPom.png

BRITNEY SPEARS ROBIN NIXON INTERVIEW | USA

Spoiler

- Look who we have here everyone, no other than the legendary, iconic Miss Britney Spears! It's such an honour to have you here. I'm in awe actually!
Britney: [Laughs] You should! How are you?

- Great now that you're here! 
Britney: You're lying.. [Laughs] But I'll take it.

- [Laughs] So Britney. This has been such a major year for you. Devotion debuted #1 on the CAL 200! Second studio album doing so. How does it feel to have this kind of success, even though most people don't wanna see you succeed?
Britney: Ah, yeah. That's the best part of it all! Seeing people that didn't believe in me, being shut down. [Laughs] I don't care about that, if I'm being honest, I only love to see my fans being very happy and enjoying the stuff that I give to them. Going #1 and having these huge sales is an achievement, indeed, you know? No denying... But it's not something I'm after. I guess that, after all that has happened to me, all I want to do is lay back and enjoy the ride. 

- Do you think that'll be possible with Devotion?
Britney: I mean, I'm basically doing that now [laughs] I don't wanna over-stress myself with anything this time around. I already did it all with Hungry. Right now, I wanna continue making music and do what I can. I know it sounds lazy, but I earned it! I've been crucified by media every week since the release of Flowin, it's my time to take stuff very easy. But Devotion, now that you mention it, definitely has had more opportunities for me to expand my audiences much more. It's been, that kind of album that gets everyone's attention, which is a nice thing to have and to see happening too. You know, after all the hard work one puts into their album. It's not all about sales, because that's not the end all be all, but it's about the fans.. They are the end all be all! 

- I guess what you are saying makes sense, especially after being scrutinised by the media all the time. It kinda gets tired right? But it also makes you get more inspired on making music or am I wrong?
Britney: It does actually. When I was writing Devotion, the first thing that came to my mind was, uhm, you know let me get all these bad stuff that people are saying about me. Lemme get them all, put them in a list and then start writing music about them. People called me a [redacted] so I wrote Infatuation and Libido, both songs that, if you hear them you would think they are these sexy party songs but they aren't. What I wanted to do was, make a commentary about how men think that, when it comes to a woman, we need to be like this.. Sexy, beautiful, all for them when it's not the case. So when you read the lyrics throughly, you'll see that it's me owning up that thought of the submissive woman who wants to get f**ked but it's not. All the songs have it's different meaning, which is why I feel like, Devotion is such a monumental album for me. 

- And Libido got a nomination for "Best Dance Recording"!
Britney: Which is amazing. I wasn't expecting this to happen, especially after all these yeas that my music has always been shunned out of the GRAMMYs consideration because of how much of a polarising figure I am. Which is cool, I don't mind. But I do gotta say, I have to give it up to Max Martin who make this sick instrumental, he should be credited too for this nomination. Not only Cardi, KYLIE and myself. I feel like, producers, songwriters, don't get the representation that they deserve. Especially on big categories. 

- What do you mean?
Britney: For example, I feel like, if you're going to give an award like Song of the Year, it should be specified that the songwriters are going to get the award since it basically awards songwriting excellence and not who's singing it only. For example, if Casanova would've gotten nominated, I would've loved to see not only Maluma and Britney Spears being on the credits and announced as the only nominees, but also, Greg Kurstin & Karen Poole, since they wrote the song with me and Maluma. You know..

- I think that's a good thing to point out. Maybe the Academy will hear you out.. [Laughs]
Britney: [Laughs] Maybe...

- So Devotion is nominated for "Album of the Year", "Best Recording Package" & "Best Album Cover", what were your reaction towards these nominations for your album? We'll get into the other four nominations soon, don't worry [laughs]. 
Britney: Oh I was so... Uhm.. [Sighs] I couldn't believe it. Especially "Album of the Year", that's such a huge deal. I watched the GRAMMY nominations lie on television when they were announcing it and I never thought of seeing my name up there, like, it's insane to be next to incredible albums. My kids were so happy, we were all very happy. My team was also in awe because this is the first major nomination I've ever gotten at the GRAMMYs so it is very especial to me. Same goes to "Best Recording Package" and "Best Album Cover", they do mean a lot considering the fact that, when I revealed the Devotion cover a few months before the album was released, no one liked it. So I locked myself in the studio with designers, and we started coming up with ideas and stuff that would enhance the visual part of the album. Because, you know, having a great album is not only attributed to the way your songs are made, I feel like, having an album that is very pleasing to the eyes with it's packaging and also have good music is what makes an album, really good. 

- Now let's talk about, Casanova getting two nominations this year! "Best Pop Duo/Group" and also, "Best Music Video". Last year you won "Best Music Video" with Flowin, which led into a media frenzy and backlash to the Academy too. Before we get into the rest, what do you think about that? Looking back at what happened..
Britney: I thought it was [redacted]. [Laughs] I don't care. I still got a GRAMMY for a music video that only spoke the truth, truth people couldn't handle. It was the biggest slap to the face to all of them, to all that people that made me feel like I was living i a nightmare.

- I honestly thought it was deserved, the win, not the rioting [laughs]
Britney: [Laughs]

- So Casanova, "Best Pop Duo/Group" & "Best Music Video", must feel amazing to have such a great reception to your work like that. What was the filming and recording process with Maluma?
Britney: It does! Especially with Casanova, which is such a great song to dance and feel good. Maluma and I just click, there's no way to deny that especially when we keep on creating music together and every time we do, we do something better. We started with Cougar, then Ouch! and then Casanova. We also wrote a bunch of songs together, like Flesh, one of my biggest hits. I just feel that people notice when stuff is done with love and also, without it being manufactured.. I was so happy when we got the notification that I was getting a nomination with Casanova, on these two categories. It's amazing. 

- Well Britney, thank you so much for coming and best of luck at the GRAMMYs!
Britney: Thank you so much!

SHAWNHEADER.pngScreen-Shot-2020-02-02-at-7-50-54-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2020-02-02-at-7-51-09-PM.pngSHAWNFOOTER.png

Spoiler

Shawn Mendes has entered a new phase of his career and it promises to be even more exciting than ever before. Following the conclusion of his sold out world tour, Shawn went into a brief period of rest before returning with Watch Me Bleed, the lead single from his forthcoming extended play The Miami Experiment. The song has started off impressively, netting Shawn his highest single debut yet. It’s also received an incredible response from his fans with many calling it hest best sigle to date. To promote the single, Shawn has embarked on a worldwide promotional tour.

ON THE STRUCTURE OF WATCH ME BLEED:

“Lyrically speaking, it follows a pretty standard verse, pre-chorus, chorus style. But musically, I wanted to play around with how the song was presented. I’ve gotten really interested in how sounds blend together and what roles individual sounds play in the overall presentation of the song. Watch Me Bleed kind of acted as a playground for me on that front. I wanted to have elements come in one by one and stack on top of each other before coming all together. The guitar is introduced alone, then the beat gets an introduction mostly by itself, then the strings peek through, then the choir peeks in, and by the end, everything’s come together for this dense and complex sound. I kinda started this on Secret but didn’t fully commit to it this way, so it was fun to experiment a little with that approach.”

ON GOING POP FOR THE MIAMI EXPERIMENT:

“It was a natural next step. After making two albums of similar styles, it was time to go somewhere else and explore new avenues. I think some people have been confused by the title. I’m not making really experimental music, this was an experiment with a new sound and a new direction. Are there some experimental elements in there? Yeah. I didn’t want the thing to be boring. But this whole thing is intended as a test to see what I can and can’t do. On my end, it’s given me the confidence to push forward with this style and do something a little more adventurous on the next release.”

ON WHEN THE SECOND SINGLE WILL RELEASE:

“I’m not sure. Quite honestly, I don’t know that I’m in a huge, huge hurry. I mean, there’s another song that I really want to do some work on so I know that a second single will likely happen, I’m just not sure when that’s going to take place. I’m having a lot of fun with Watch Me Bleed right now and I don’t wanna cut it off too early. There will be a time to move on to another track. For now, I’m gonna devote my efforts to this song and the EP as a whole.”

Los-Angeles-Times-US.png

Kelly with the Los Angeles Times | US | Free

Spoiler

Kelly Clarkson has just made her long-awaited comeback to the spotlight. She recently released her second best-selling single yet, “Better Days,” only to step away from the public eye soon after its release. Over the next seven months, silence would follow, and Kelly would retreat to be away with her family for personal reasons yet to be revealed to the general public. Now, she makes her arrival back on the scene with a bold new release – “Do You Still Think of Me?”. The track, which released this past Friday, harkens back to what Kelly originally set out to do in summer 2018 with the release of the 80s-tinged, “In the Night”. The LP it was originally intended for was shelved, however, due to Kelly not feeling satisfied with where the project was headed. Things are different now, and with Kelly finding new inspiration and direction for the album, things seem to be back on track. Now, Kelly sets out on a worldwide promotional campaign that involves TV appearances, performances, radio interviews, TV ads, and more.

As a result of continued promotion and push from her label, Accent Records, “Do You Still Think of Me?” achieved a new peak on the Hot 100 by hitting #13 after out-peaking its debut position on its release five weeks ago. Two weeks ago, the single officially moved into the top 10 and has maintained a steady position at #6 on the charts while also crossing over 2,000,000 units sold (SPS). Kelly continues her ongoing worldwide promotional tour with an interview with the Los Angeles Times.

“Do You Still Think of Me?” & Its Grammy Nomination

Oh my gosh! I am so shocked that we got nominated. I called Greg [Kurstin], my producer, after my team told me. I couldn’t believe it. I haven’t been nominated for a Grammy since 2016 with my album Masquerade – which was a most memorable and special night. This is my first record of the year nomination as well since 2012, so it’s been very celebratory in my camp lately! It’s an honor just to be nominated, you know? When you go away for a while like I did, you wonder if people will still be there when you come back, and it has been so encouraging to see the fans and everyone still there willing to listen to what I have to say.

Touring Plans

We are definitely working on a tour for the next album. I want to be able to do a world tour again because we did not get to tour my last album, ANALOG. That record meant a lot to me, and I want to be able to give it some justice and love on the next tour, so we’ll probably include some songs from it along with the two singles from it. We haven’t finalized anything or announced anything officially, but I just want to get the word out, so the fans know I am working my best to make it happen for this record!

Broken Heart Jukebox

I just listened to the album all the way through the other day and was so overwhelmed by the end of it. I think just because this album is my first in over two years, and the journey I have had to take to create it – it was just all so amazing to see it so close to being finished. It’s probably my happiest album yet. There are still some songs on it that are emotional and reveal some of my struggles from the past year, but ultimately it is about hope and seeing the positive even in not the greatest situations.

Pitchfork-US.png

Kelly Talks with Pitchfork | US | Free

Spoiler

Kelly Clarkson has just made her long-awaited comeback to the spotlight. She recently released her second best-selling single yet, “Better Days,” only to step away from the public eye soon after its release. Over the next seven months, silence would follow, and Kelly would retreat to be away with her family for personal reasons yet to be revealed to the general public. Now, she makes her arrival back on the scene with a bold new release – “Do You Still Think of Me?”. The track, which released this past Friday, harkens back to what Kelly originally set out to do in summer 2018 with the release of the 80s-tinged, “In the Night”. The LP it was originally intended for was shelved, however, due to Kelly not feeling satisfied with where the project was headed. Things are different now, and with Kelly finding new inspiration and direction for the album, things seem to be back on track. Now, Kelly sets out on a worldwide promotional campaign that involves TV appearances, performances, radio interviews, TV ads, and more.

As a result of continued promotion and push from her label, Accent Records, “Do You Still Think of Me?” achieved a new peak on the Hot 100 by hitting #13 after out-peaking its debut position on its release five weeks ago. Two weeks ago, the single officially moved into the top 10 and has maintained a steady position at #6 on the charts while also crossing over 2,000,000 units sold (SPS). Kelly continues her ongoing worldwide promotional tour with an interview with Pitchfork.

“Do You Still Think of Me?” & Its Grammy Nomination

It really means a lot to be nominated for Record of the Year. I really wasn’t expecting to get nominated for that. This was my first single back since “Better Days”, which came out a year ago last January, actually. All the response to this song has been so encouraging, because after long breaks you’re never quite sure how the public will react to your music. It’s not all about that, obviously, but as an artist you always want your work to be successful, so it really does mean a lot. I am so grateful! We’re hoping for a win obviously, but a nomination is such an honor in itself!

Broken Heart Jukebox

We’re close to finishing the album. I wanted to go back and make some changes. Some songs just didn’t quite fit with where I want the album to go. Perhaps one day they will be reworked or something, but I felt it best just to cut them for now. Instead, I’ve got some others we’re putting on the album, and it really makes much more sense for these certain songs to be on there. I also realized there were a few more topics and such I wanted to talk about on the record.

Plans for 2020

I have been in a lot of meetings so far this year, actually. Lots of planning and preparing. All of it relates to music, obviously, but it’s all new ventures and things I have not done before in my career. One thing in particular we’re getting close to finalizing. My husband is looking at me intently right now to make sure I do not spoil anything [Laughs]. I’m bad about that! I’m just at a place in my career where I’m ready to do things differently and take some creative new approaches to how we do things. At the same time, we’re sticking to a more traditional release schedule for the new album as well rather than doing a bunch of promo singles and revealing the album up until its release. This is just a full body of work, so I want people to experience it as that.

SHAWNHEADER.pngScreen-Shot-2020-02-02-at-9-47-06-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2020-02-02-at-9-47-34-PM.pngSHAWNFOOTER.png

Spoiler

ON LEADING THE ERA WITH WATCH ME BLEED:

“Watch Me Bleed is the song that got the era started. It’s the first song that I wrote for any sort of new project and the work that I did in the studio for it is what led me down the path that ultimately created The Miami Experiment. But beyond that, I wanted the lead to be a strong indication of the new direction that I’d be heading in. This is the biggest leap from my traditional sound on the whole project so it seemed like the natural move to make this the opener to the era. Sure, at some points other songs were tossed around, but everything kept coming back to this song. It made the most sense then and it makes the most sense now. I think it’s been shown to us that this was the correct decision. Everything’s gone so smoothly since release and that’s the job of a lead single isn’t it?”

ON HAVING AN ECO FRIENDLY ERA:

“My new year’s resolution was that I was going to reduce my carbon footprint and I wanted that to be part of my professional life just as much as my private life. Everything about this era will be eco friendly. Rather than the physical copies of the album coming in plastic, they’ll come in biodegradable slip cases. The booklets for the physical editions will be made from recycled paper that’s also biodegradable. Travel is being done in eco vehicles, when we play live there’ll be no plastics in the venues. We’re doing everything we can to make sure everything about this is in the name of helping our planet.”

ON THE MIAMI EXPERIMENT:

“I hope everyone’s ready! This project has been on my heart for such a long time now and to be so close to releasing it is really such a thrill. This is something completely new for me and it’s a sound that you’ve not heard from before. That’s always a risky move and the risk is the source of a lot of my nerves. But really, the pride in the project outweighs my nerves on releasing these songs. I have faith that the fans will love them just as much as I do.”