Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

BreatheeOnKnee

Why doesn't Madonna have a timeless/legendary/relic song?

10 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

Most of her videos were available like, only in US and Canada. Madonna is huge in Europe, Australia etc. Wth sis. Material Girl was uploaded in 2017 and is already at 40 million views, imagine if it was uploaded in 2009. Hung Up was one of the few free videos since 2009, it has 210 million views, her bigger hits would've get more, LIB already did it. La Isla Bonita got 215 million views the last 1,5 year, do you think it wouldn't have manage to get 700 million views by now if it was free since 2009? Be honest.

1rMKV4k.gif

Every big artist who released an Xmas song will get played every December, from Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Wham!, Mariah Carey to Ariana Grande etc, even Britney. All of them have well known Christmas songs. Isn't a Mariah phenomenon or idk, Mariah just happens to be the only one who overpromotes it every year. Comparing their power without yearly radio support is more fair, don't you think?

source.gif

Mariahs song enters the charts weeks to months before any of the other artists mentioned, and entered itunes this year before she even started promoting. 

Mariahs christmas song is the biggest and most remember in modern history, a self penned classic that is forever attached to her name.

Also very ironic you say "Every big artists christmas music gets played yearly, but Madonnas, the biggest female artist of all time, cover of "Santa Baby", a humongous christmas classic, is nowhere to be found on her kworb or itunes or played on any radio station, why?

Without radio support mariah still outsreams every other christmas song... 

Anyway!

6 minutes ago, Winnie. said:

New artists honey, not artists nearly decades or more into their career. Inb4 Camila Cabello and Dua Lipa

Regardless you say mariah over promotes All I Want For Christmas every year, but in the same breath insinuate young adults the main consumer of radio, streaming and social media wouldnt know she sang the song? 

You thought you did something luv

Ava Max. There's a reason they say 'the new Madonna is here' instead of 'the new Mariah is here'

source.gif

17 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

I guess this is where I'll cut in... For a comparison, Hard Candy sold the same amount WW than Britney's Circus did, which was considered a HUGE comeback era for her. Also both had enormously successful tours attached, The Sticky & Sweet Tour remains the highest grossing female tour of all time. So, to say Hard Candy was a "flop" is ludicrous. MDNA sold half of what Hard Candy did; however it scored a top ten single and extended her record for the most female top ten singles of all time. MDNA also had a massively successful tour, where it became the second highest grossing female tour of all time... She literally has, not one, but two of the highest grossing female tours of all time... Going back to the Britney comparison, Britney was 10 years into her career at the time, Madonna was 25 years into her career. If all of this doesn't spell out to you Madonna's impact? Well... There's really no helping you then. I guarantee you people remember plenty of Madonna songs. LAV, Material Girl, Papa Don't Preach, LAP, Express Yourself, Vogue... etc.

The Album sold ok but no one cared for any of her singles, which are good indications of how the GP feels. Hard Candy was indeed a flop compared to Confessions. It had terrible reviews, most fans dislike it and it only had 2 successful singles (one only in europe). Circus was considered a huge comeback because it was her first major release since brit's recovery. You need to separate madge fans from the gp when discussing, she obviously has a strong fanbase who loved sticky & sweet but your average person can't name more than a couple of her songs it seems

9 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

Most of her videos were available like, only in US and Canada. Madonna is huge in Europe, Australia etc. Wth sis. Material Girl was uploaded in 2017 and is already at 40 million views, imagine if it was uploaded in 2009. Hung Up was one of the few free videos since 2009, it has 210 million views, her bigger hits would've get more, LIB already did it. La Isla Bonita got 215 million views the last 1,5 year, do you think it wouldn't have manage to get 700 million views by now if it was free since 2009? Be honest.

1rMKV4k.gif

It's possible La Isla Bonita could be up there close to those other artist hits, is there any proof of where it was blocked? Cause i have a hard time believing most of Europe wasn't able to watch it, or Hung Up (Especially since that's where it was biggest at)

1 minute ago, Winnie. said:

Mariahs song enters the charts weeks to months before any of the other artists mentioned, and entered itunes this year before she even started promoting. 

Mariahs christmas song is the biggest and most remember in modern history, a self penned classic that is forever attached to her name.

Also very ironic you say "Every big artists christmas music gets played yearly, but Madonnas, the biggest female artist of all time, cover of "Santa Baby", a humongous christmas classic, is nowhere to be found on her kworb or itunes or played on any radio station, why?

Anyway!

Idc who has the biggest Xmas song, still big only cause of Xmas and not cause she have that power in 2019, as Wham! don't have it, or Elvis or idk. Madonna's Santa Baby is like the 430th version of this song.

ny12

2 minutes ago, ShutUpRae said:

The Album sold ok but no one cared for any of her singles, which are good indications of how the GP feels. Hard Candy was indeed a flop compared to Confessions. It had terrible reviews, most fans dislike it and it only had 2 successful singles (one only in europe). Circus was considered a huge comeback because it was her first major release since brit's recovery. You need to separate madge fans from the gp when discussing, she obviously has a strong fanbase who loved sticky & sweet but your average person can't name more than a couple of her songs it seems

It's possible La Isla Bonita could be up there close to those other artist hits, is there any proof of where it was blocked? Cause i have a hard time believing most of Europe wasn't able to watch it, or Hung Up (Especially since that's where it was biggest at)

There are threads from last year we were talking about that. Go check them idk. brit15

1 minute ago, Winnie. said:

Anyway!

rip4 Yea if it was all about christmas other major acts should also have a seasonal hit but they don't 

4 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

Idc who has the biggest Xmas song, still big only cause of Xmas and not cause she have that power in 2019, as Wham! don't have it, or Elvis or idk. Madonna's Santa Baby is like the 430th version of this song.

ny12

There are threads from last year we were talking about that. Go check them idk. brit15

The verdict: Obviously Madge has impressive longevity no matter how she got it.

But her success and legacy seems overrated and as of recently she's hasn't really been helping her image or legacy. Her success is more spread out and has lots of longevity but there's not as much remembrance as i expect there to be

5 minutes ago, ShutUpRae said:

rip4 Yea if it was all about christmas other major acts should also have a seasonal hit but they don't 

'Last Christmas' got its highest BB 100 peak last year too btw, they did it all by themselves, tea, their power. Radio and streaming didn't help at all. rip4 

1 minute ago, ShutUpRae said:

The verdict: Obviously Madge has impressive longevity no matter how she got it.

But her success and legacy seems overrated and as of recently she's hasn't really been helping her image or legacy. Her success is more spread out and has lots of longevity but there's not as much remembrance as i expect there to be

Come back to say that in 1 month, when Madonna will be the one getting more daily plays / streams than Mariah, Whitney and Cyndi again. rip4  I mean, she already gets more plays than the last two but anyway. Sis is even getting more daily views than Britney rn, please.

7 minutes ago, Winnie. said:

Mods getting mad at someone making this forum interesting! Never seen that before!

@Hylia you are a filthy rat

Someone needs to spice this forum up they should be thankful i'm helping keeping their little forum alive so they can have anything to moderate 

1 hour ago, Winnie. said:

Mods getting mad at someone making this forum interesting! Never seen that before!

@Hylia you are a filthy rat

1 hour ago, ShutUpRae said:

Someone needs to spice this forum up they should be thankful i'm helping keeping their little forum alive so they can have anything to moderate 

“Interesting.” lol3 

I don't mind "I will always love you" or "Without You" being covers. Whitney and Mariah made their versions staple cos they were that talented. It's a different story with Madonna and covers or duets. 

11 hours ago, Madonna said:

Anyway, she doesn't need a seasonal hit when she has:

Holiday
Like a Virgin
Material Girl
Papa Don't Preach
La Isla Bonita
Like a Prayer
Express Yourself
Vogue
Frozen
Ray of Light
Music
Hung Up

I'm a fan of Madge, but that list is over exaggerated to some extent. Like A Vrigin, Like A Prayer, Vogue, Ray Of Light & Hung Up are her most remembered songs imo, the others less so. Express Yourself only became even somewhat relevant again because Nostril copied + pasted it on her computer and renamed the file Born This Way, i've never heard Frozen on the radio and only discovered it when it went back through some of her albums. Music i would've maybe agreed with a decade ago, but now i wouldn't even consider it in her top 10 most remembered. 

10 hours ago, ShutUpRae said:

Madonna Spotify Monthly Streams: 11m

Mariah Spotify Monthly Streams: 29m

Michael Jackson Spotify Monthly Streams: 21m

Whitney Houston Spotify Monthly Streams: 21m

Billie Jean: 700m+ views on Youtube

AIWFCIY: 560m+ views on Youtube

Isla Bonita: 224m+ views on Youtube

gaga6 why do her competitors and peers all seem to be more recognized?

This is a flawed measurement. Most of the year Mariah and Madonna both have roughly the same monthly streams at between 10M - 20M, Mariah tends to be higher but not by much. Really they're in the same ball park. 

This thread was pointless and stupid, you're basically going to get deluded trolls saying Madonna has no classics and then Madonna stans coming out with the same repetitive crap that her videos were blocked for years and that the others were seasonal hits or are dead. It's so fucking pointless as all the artists here have multiple well remembered hits, i don't really think with older songs and artists streaming is the best way to work out impact or longevity. Just look at songs from the 60s that we all know and were huge hits with longevity, you'll quickly find most have barely 10M views. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.