Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

BreatheeOnKnee

Why doesn't Madonna have a timeless/legendary/relic song?

36 minutes ago, Jjang said:

ari9

Also:

Released in March 2000, the song was a worldwide hit, reaching No. 1 in many countries, including the United Kingdom, Australia, Iceland, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Finland. The song was the 19th best-selling single of 2000 in the UK and the ninth best-selling single of 2000 in Sweden. The single was not released commercially in the United States, but it reached No. 29 on the Billboard Hot 100 due to strong radio airplay.

I assume she has several songs that people know and could name from her, perhaps she doesn’t have one in particular that is bigger than the rest of her catalogue but I doubt someone with a minimum of musical knowledge couldn’t name a Madonna song...

To be frankly honest, I didn’t know La Isla Bonita was by her until last year but I had definitely heard the song before.

7 hours ago, Jjang said:

ari9

6 hours ago, Madonna said:

Also:

Released in March 2000, the song was a worldwide hit, reaching No. 1 in many countries, including the United Kingdom, Australia, Iceland, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Finland. The song was the 19th best-selling single of 2000 in the UK and the ninth best-selling single of 2000 in Sweden. The single was not released commercially in the United States, but it reached No. 29 on the Billboard Hot 100 due to strong radio airplay.

You guys seriously think Madonna had the definitive versions of those songs, don't you? laughcry1

59 minutes ago, HninSi said:

Where?

12 hours ago, Madonna said:

& Dont Cry For Me was top 10 biggest European hits of 1997 yada yada 

20 minutes ago, Jjang said:

& Dont Cry For Me was top 10 biggest European hits of 1997 yada yada 

Those are stats for  extremely  famous? How are those songs doing on streaming platforms compared with IWALY or WY? American Pie is known as that song by Don McLean and Argentina is more associated with Broadway acts like Elaine Paige. brit9

25 minutes ago, HninSi said:

Those are stats for  extremely  famous? How are those songs doing on streaming platforms compared with IWALY or WY? American Pie is known as that song by Don McLean and Argentina is more associated with Broadway acts like Elaine Paige. brit9

32,365,680 views - uploaded on Feb 5, 2015. 

Her rendition is known and was bought by millions of people, same for American Pie. period. There’s no “but it didnt do as well as IWALY!!!!” Argument to follow lol that’s purely on you and your extremely biased standards and mental gymnastics. 

21 minutes ago, Jjang said:

32,365,680 views - uploaded on Feb 5, 2015. 

Her rendition is known and was bought by millions of people, same for American Pie. period. There’s no “but it didnt do as well as IWALY!!!!” Argument to follow lol that’s purely on you and your extremely biased standards and mental gymnastics. 

I didn't know having 32m views on YouTube qualifies as extremely successful, lol.

Now IWALU and WU are prime examples of extremely successful covers. Did I hurt your stan mood by referencing those songs cos they fit? I hope not. brit9

7 minutes ago, HninSi said:

I didn't know having 32m views on YouTube qualifies as extremely successful, lol.

Now IWALU and WU are prime examples of extremely successful covers. Did I hurt your stan mood by referencing those songs cos they fit? I hope not. brit9

Weekly chartsEdit

Chart (1997) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[110] 9
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[130] 3
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[131] 5
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia)[132] 2
Canada Top Singles (RPM)[105] 14
Canada Adult Contemporary (RPM)[133] 3
Czech Republic (IFPI)[134] 1
Denmark (IFPI Denmark)[135] 6
Eurochart Hot 100 (Music & Media)[99] 1
Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)[136] 8
France (SNEP)[112] 1
Germany (Official German Charts)[137] 3
Hungary Singles (Mahasz)[138] 1
Iceland (Íslenski Listinn Topp 40)[139] 2
Ireland (IRMA)[113] 9
Italy (Musica e dischi)[109] 2
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[140] 3
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[141] 4
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[142] 6
Norway (VG-lista)[143] 9
Scotland (Official Charts Company)[144] 3
Spain (AFYVE)[114] 1
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[145] 9
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[146] 4
UK Singles (Official Charts Company)[106] 3
US Billboard Hot 100[98] 8
US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)[100] 21
US Adult Top 40 (Billboard)[101] 14
US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)[102] 1
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)[147] 7
US Rhythmic (Billboard)[148] 11

lol no, i have no problem admitting its not as big as the other 2. I do have a problem with you hinting that Madonna never attempted a successful rendition which you so casually forgot 

22 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Weekly chartsEdit

Chart (1997) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[110] 9
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[130] 3
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[131] 5
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia)[132] 2
Canada Top Singles (RPM)[105] 14
Canada Adult Contemporary (RPM)[133] 3
Czech Republic (IFPI)[134] 1
Denmark (IFPI Denmark)[135] 6
Eurochart Hot 100 (Music & Media)[99] 1
Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)[136] 8
France (SNEP)[112] 1
Germany (Official German Charts)[137] 3
Hungary Singles (Mahasz)[138] 1
Iceland (Íslenski Listinn Topp 40)[139] 2
Ireland (IRMA)[113] 9
Italy (Musica e dischi)[109] 2
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[140] 3
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[141] 4
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[142] 6
Norway (VG-lista)[143] 9
Scotland (Official Charts Company)[144] 3
Spain (AFYVE)[114] 1
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[145] 9
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[146] 4
UK Singles (Official Charts Company)[106] 3
US Billboard Hot 100[98] 8
US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)[100] 21
US Adult Top 40 (Billboard)[101] 14
US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)[102] 1
US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)[147] 7
US Rhythmic (Billboard)[148] 11

lol no, i have no problem admitting its not as big as the other 2. I do have a problem with you hinting that Madonna never attempted a successful rendition which you so casually forgot 

So what happened to the extremely popular and successful?  brit9

10 minutes ago, HninSi said:

So what happened to the extremely popular and successful?  brit9

Successful - sold millions of copies & was the 11th most successful song WW 1997. 

Famous - gets 32m views from a 2015 upload, 19 years after its initial release. It also accumulated over 40 million views from other separate uploads. 

it’s the first rendition that comes up when you search it on YT, AM and Spotify. Just deal with it - she made a successful & beloved rendition of an older song. 

44 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Successful - sold millions of copies & was the 11th most successful song WW 1997. 

Famous - gets 32m views from a 2015 upload, 19 years after its initial release. It also accumulated over 40 million views from other separate uploads. 

it’s the first rendition that comes up when you search it on YT, AM and Spotify. Just deal with it - she made a successful & beloved rendition of an older song. 

So that leaves  extremely. bummer1

I don't have to deal with anything. It's you who can't stand the fact that Madonna doesn't have covers as successful as Whitney or Mariah.

5 minutes ago, HninSi said:

Lol, I just found out the AUDIO version of American Pie by Don McLean uploaded by some random dude has 48 m views while Madonna's OFFICIAL VIDEO has 4.2 m views

No one is saying Madonna’s rendition is the biggest one, though. rip4 You literally invent that so your narrative works. 

Uploaded 11 years ago vs uploaded 1 year ago lol

6 minutes ago, Jjang said:

No one is saying Madonna’s rendition is the biggest one, though. rip4 You literally invent that so your narrative works. 

Uploaded 11 years ago vs uploaded 1 year ago lol

Audio vs Video

A random ass channel vs official channel

But don't worry sweetie, this version was uploaded 9 years ago and it has over 500k views. Every view helps, right? brit9

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.