Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

BreatheeOnKnee

Why doesn't Madonna have a timeless/legendary/relic song?

btw

I Will Always Love You - cover
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - cover
Without You - cover
All I Want For Christmas Is You - seasonal song

1rMKV4k.gif

I'm happy her most popular songs aren't covers.

57 minutes ago, Divine said:

When a 2018 fad has an 8 week number one, over $100 million tour gross, one of the best selling albums, five Grammy nominations all in 2019. Never_Really_Over.m4a bebe1 

Literally, no one cares she had one of the best selling album in a year when no one else put albums out bebe1  when you brag about things like that there's supposed to be some sort of competition. 

54 minutes ago, Madonna said:

"Monthly Streams" didn't Agu use that to prove XTina's alleged dominance over Britney? lol3 

La Isla having 224m+ views and it has literally been deleted, reuploaded, etc. so many times. Aside from that, she hasn't performed or promoted that song as much as Mariah promotes AIWFCIY every year.

Why are we bringing up MJ? He's dead and has literally been making more money since his death than he has during his life time.

Whitney is also dead an it's literally the same fucking thing with her. Her biggest hit is also a cover song by one of the most iconic American singer/songwriters and was also included in one of the most successful 90s movies. Let us not.

Britney has more monthly streams than xtinct so not sure what he was on. lol3 

Anyway, the same isla video has been up since 09. It's been blocked then unblocked in some countries but i doubt it's missing much views from a few no1curr countries.

MJ and Whitney are her peers so of course i bring them up. I don't see how it's relevant that AIWFCIY is a seasonal hit if anything it's impressive a song we only care about one month a year could be so popular

32 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

Are you implying that Like a Prayer isn't an iconic classic song? Its one of the most well known pop songs ever, wth.

1rMKV4k.gif

Music and 4 Minutes are well known songs too, even my straight friends know them. Especially the chorus of Music.

Cause Madonna's Youtube and Spotify pages were a mess, 50% of her videography was blocked, 50% wasn't even uploaded till late 2017. They kinda fixed her channel 2 months ago on Youtube and La Isla Bonita gets more views than every Mariah Carey song (besides her Xmas one), GJWHF and IWALY. https://kworb.net/youtube/classics.html. Cherk #64, she's ready to go higher than MJ too.

1rMKV4k.gif

Like A Prayer is a classic song but alot of people never heard of it and i mean i'm sure her views will go up but i doubt it will surpass mj

the difference between GJWHF and any of Madonna's classics is that the song was literally pushed down everyone's throats on every cheesy rom com that exists so kjfbsj that's why everyone remembers it

10 minutes ago, ShutUpRae said:

Literally, no one cares she had one of the best selling album in a year when no one else put albums out bebe1  when you brag about things like that there's supposed to be some sort of competition. 

You can't be this delusional. She's literally been one of the most popular artists with artists much bigger than her releasing music such as Post Malone, for example.

You act like only female competitors would be valid when male artists have been dominating the charts for the past few years with all the main girls releasing AND FLOPPING, except for Ariana.

13 minutes ago, ShutUpRae said:

Anyway, the same isla video has been up since 09. It's been blocked then unblocked in some countries but i doubt it's missing much views from a few no1curr countries.

Looking at how much it has gained since then on a daily basis, it's safe to say that it's missing a lot. I mean she has literally performed the song on her 2009 and 2016 tour and the official video was fucking blocked. dead2 

15 minutes ago, ShutUpRae said:

MJ and Whitney are her peers so of course i bring them up. I don't see how it's relevant that AIWFCIY is a seasonal hit if anything it's impressive a song we only care about one month a year could be so popular

and where were they on the charts when they were still alive and ACTUALLY competing with M?

Madonna has been doing better than MJ since 1995. Whitney's commercial career has been in the dumps since 2002 when Madonna was still peaking. She has managed to sell more than them both worldwide and she has had successful albums and singles up until 2012.

Literally log off and take your delusion elsewhere, Britbot stan. lol3 

22 minutes ago, ShutUpRae said:

You’re right there wasn’t any competition for her because she IS the competition! Glad we can finally agree! bebe1 

7 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Madonna has been doing better than MJ since 1995. Whitney's commercial career has been in the dumps since 2002 when Madonna was still peaking. She has managed to sell more than them both worldwide and she has had successful albums and singles up until 2012.

Literally log off and take your delusion elsewhere, Britbot stan. lol3 

MJ has been around since the late 60s, late 70s solo, they both have about the same longevity bey4  You know it's a damn lie to say up until 2012. Confessions was her last big album, Hard Candy had some moderate success but it was generally a flop on the same level as MJ's Invisible. 

The only delusional ones are Madge stans blindly thinking madonna invented everything and dominates everyone in every aspect.  bey4

1 hour ago, Maraj said:

You have to be joking or trolling right? Omg I can't..... I don't even stan her but the way Madonna could make an album full of classics pls. 

It’s called The Immaculate Collection jj2 

16 minutes ago, hector said:

the difference between GJWHF and any of Madonna's classics is that the song was literally pushed down everyone's throats on every cheesy rom com that exists so kjfbsj that's why everyone remembers it

Because the GP loves it more

3 minutes ago, ShutUpRae said:

WHY IS EVERYONE DODGING THE QUESTION SGGDRLJLJ I DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT MADONNA "OUTLASTING" THEM, WHY DOESN'T THE QUEEN OF POP HAVE A SONG AS BIG AS HER PEERS???

SHE LITERALLY HAS 10 SONGS THAT ARE ALL EQUALLY AS BIG AND NO ONE CAN DECIDE ON ONE DEFINING SONG OF HERS BECAUSE THEY ALL REPRESENT DIFFERENT ASPECTS OF HER CAREER AND A DIFFERENT PEAK.

MariahShadesNicki-1532966338-1532966340.

It will be the same case for Rihanna who is literally the new Madonna at this point.

9 minutes ago, Madonna said:

SHE LITERALLY HAS 10 SONGS THAT ARE ALL EQUALLY AS BIG AND NO ONE CAN DECIDE ON ONE DEFINING SONG OF HERS BECAUSE THEY ALL REPRESENT DIFFERENT ASPECTS OF HER CAREER AND A DIFFERENT PEAK.

MariahShadesNicki-1532966338-1532966340.

I disagree because they are clearly overshadowed by her competition's biggest hits, Isla and Like A Virgin are her only hits that can be even remotely compared 

9 minutes ago, Madonna said:

It will be the same case for Rihanna who is literally the new Madonna at this point.

An insult to the Queen, all they have in common is using controversy to boost their relevance and a lot of #1's. She doesn't have a shred of impact or talent and isn't even closest in overall sales.

1 hour ago, ShutUpRae said:

MJ has been around since the late 60s, late 70s solo, they both have about the same longevity bey4  You know it's a damn lie to say up until 2012. Confessions was her last big album, Hard Candy had some moderate success but it was generally a flop on the same level as MJ's Invisible. 

The only delusional ones are Madge stans blindly thinking madonna invented everything and dominates everyone in every aspect.  bey4

I guess this is where I'll cut in... For a comparison, Hard Candy sold the same amount WW than Britney's Circus did, which was considered a HUGE comeback era for her. Also both had enormously successful tours attached, The Sticky & Sweet Tour remains the highest grossing female tour of all time. So, to say Hard Candy was a "flop" is ludicrous. MDNA sold half of what Hard Candy did; however it scored a top ten single and extended her record for the most female top ten singles of all time. MDNA also had a massively successful tour, where it became the second highest grossing female tour of all time... She literally has, not one, but two of the highest grossing female tours of all time... Going back to the Britney comparison, Britney was 10 years into her career at the time, Madonna was 25 years into her career. If all of this doesn't spell out to you Madonna's impact? Well... There's really no helping you then. I guarantee you people remember plenty of Madonna songs. LAV, Material Girl, Papa Don't Preach, LAP, Express Yourself, Vogue... etc.

This thread has been made multiple times, I have made one before. 

And the gag is the answer is always the same, deflection! "WHITNEY AND MJ DEAD, MARIAH SEASONAL HIT!". 

All are more streamed on virtually every possible platform than Madonna. 

Her stans will love to yell "Too many to name". Go outside and ask a 20 year old straight male or female if they know "La Isla Bonita", nobody will say anything. 

Her most remembered hits are Vigue and Like A Virgin, and they don't hold the test of time like the aforementioned in the OP. Because madonna herself has always been a product of her time.

Madonna is never cited as a influence by anyone anymore, because she is forgotten and really nobody gives a fuck about her. And that's that.

Now stream Mariahs 19th number one

1 hour ago, ShutUpRae said:

Most of her videos were available like, only in US and Canada. Madonna is huge in Europe, Australia etc. Wth sis. Material Girl was uploaded in 2017 and is already at 40 million views, imagine if it was uploaded in 2009. Hung Up was one of the few free videos since 2009, it has 210 million views, her bigger hits would've get more, LIB already did it. La Isla Bonita got 215 million views the last 1,5 year, do you think it wouldn't have manage to get 700 million views by now if it was free since 2009? Be honest.

1rMKV4k.gif

Every big artist who released an Xmas song will get played every December, from Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Wham!, Mariah Carey to Ariana Grande etc, even Britney. All of them have well known Christmas songs. Isn't a Mariah phenomenon or idk, Mariah just happens to be the only one who overpromotes it every year. Comparing their power without yearly radio support is more fair, don't you think?

source.gif

4 minutes ago, Winnie. said:

Her stans will love to yell "Too many to name". Go outside and ask a 20 year old straight male or female if they know "La Isla Bonita", nobody will say anything. 

Go and ask a straight male or female who sang AIWFCIY.

source.gif

5 minutes ago, Winnie. said:

Madonna is never cited as a influence by anyone anymore, because she is forgotten and really nobody gives a fuck about her. And that's that.

All the biggest female eras of the 2010s

https://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2014/10/10/taylor-swift-like-a-prayer-is-one-of-the-greatest-pop-songs-of-all-time/

https://www.digitalspy.com/music/a772874/adele-was-inspired-by-madonnas-ray-of-light-while-making-new-album-25/

https://www.glamour.com/story/ariana-grande-god-is-a-woman-music-video-madonna-cameo

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2523034/Beyonce-pays-tribute-Madonna-new-Haunted-video.html

source.gif

and 2020s will start with another era by a woman that got inspired by M, legendaric

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/dua-lipa-future-nostalgia-2020-tour-920105/

source.gif

Just now, Régine Filange said:

New artists honey, not artists nearly decades or more into their career. Inb4 Camila Cabello and Dua Lipa. 

Regardless you say mariah over promotes All I Want For Christmas every year, but in the same breath insinuate young adults the main consumer of radio, streaming and social media wouldnt know she sang the song? 

You thought you did something luv

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.