Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Divine

Liam Payne receives backlash for song lyrics fetishizing bisexual women

1 hour ago, calethewhalee said:

People still offended by everything? ny2 

Exactly. 

It is a trash song about sex and this isn't the first one. So what if a bisexual girl is in the song? Who cares. Didn't Katy mention threesome in Last Friday Night? And what about girls who pretend to be lesbians like Rihanna and J. Lo? Apparently that was OK.

Enough of fake morality. I mean, when Liam or any guy posts their sexy pics, gays are thirsting and acting like they contribute to gay community.

Everybody has a fetish.

4 minutes ago, Agent X said:

Didn't Katy mention threesome in Last Friday Night?

That was literally the full extent of it tho, 1 lyric; whereas Liam specifically fetishized the idea of a woman being attracted to both genders dead1

3 minutes ago, Agent X said:

So what? 

So that perpetuates the toxic idea that bisexuality is not a valid sexuality, but rather a fetish / choice. There is no problem with him and his girlfriend doing whatever in their bedroom, but the song itself has a disgusting (and kind of douche-y) tone that makes it seem as if the girl chose to "swing both ways" for the sake of his own pleasure.

5 hours ago, Lukas said:

Harry Styles stays winning 

and i though people were only stanning him cos hes a pretty face eve1 

turns out hes the most talented member out of the group eve1  

1 hour ago, Maria said:

So that perpetuates the toxic idea that bisexuality is not a valid sexuality, but rather a fetish / choice. There is no problem with him and his girlfriend doing whatever in their bedroom, but the song itself has a disgusting (and kind of douche-y) tone that makes it seem as if the girl chose to "swing both ways" for the sake of his own pleasure.

Nobody claims bisexuality isn't a sexuality. 

Like I said, many sex songs tend to be trash. This one isn't an exception. If that is his fetish, his fantasy, then who cares. We all have different fetishes. It is all subjective. There are probably many sex songs where rappers sing about their own pleasure, while girls are just sex objects. Right? 

If a pop girl made a song about her own pleasure and not caring about boy's pleasure, then it would have been greeted like some empowering feminist shit. Would that be OK? 

People are too sensitive about this. It is just a song, not a real life. Should we expect from every artist sex songs that sing about both genders enjoying sex?

30 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

The way some people jump at the chance to defend this homophobe like dead2 Is that really the hill you want to live on? Choose your battles plz dead2 

I am not on his side, it is just that people here fetishize  sexy male celebs all the time, so I don't understand a sudden judgment of someone's fetish.

I have no idea about him being homophobic, but if people are pressed about that and not really about the fetish thing, they should be more clear about it.

1 hour ago, Chris Morlock said:

and i though people were only stanning him cos hes a pretty face eve1 

turns out hes the most talented member out of the group eve1  

His new album is gonna be my soundtrack of 2020 until miss Stefani drops LG6 bey3 

i doubt he even had an idea of what he was singing, he comes off as someone who barely has any input in his own music not because he's not allowed but because he doesn't care... the thing is you can't end someone who never started!  period 

On 12/7/2019 at 8:12 AM, Divine said:

if you thought those lyrics were bad, just wait for this! jj4 

someone on twitter said this sounds like grindr conversations and I haven't looked at it the same ..

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.