Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Kuba

Ellie Goulding in the race for UK #1 with Amazon Exclusive "River"

ellie-goulding-river-1100.jpg?width=796&mode=stretch

Ellie Goulding is battling for her third UK Number 1 single this week with River. The cover of Joni Mitchell’s sombre Christmas classic is currently at Number 2, less than 2000 chart sales behind Tones and I’s Dance Monkey (1). River’s official music video was recently premiered on YouTube, while it's available exclusively on Amazon Music to audio stream.

x

1 1 DANCE MONKEY TONES & I
14 2 RIVER ELLIE GOULDING
4 3 DON'T START NOW DUA LIPA
3 4 OWN IT STORMZY FT. ED SHEERAN & BURNA BOY
8 5 ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOU MARIAH CAREY
2 6 BEFORE YOU GO LEWIS CAPALDI
13 7 LAST CHRISTMAS WHAM!
7 8 MEMORIES MAROON 5
22 9 FAIRYTALE OF NEW YORK THE POGUES FT. KIRSTY MACCOLL
NEW 10 HAPPY CHRISTMAS (WAR IS OVER) JOHN LEGEND
23 11 DO THEY KNOW ITS CHRISTMAS BAND AID
5 12 ROXANNE ARIZONA ZERVAS
26 13 MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE SHAKIN' STEVENS
6 14 EVERYTHING I WANTED BILLIE EILISH
NEW 15 ADORE YOU HARRY STYLES
11 16 BRUISES LEWIS CAPALDI
9 17 SOUTH OF THE BORDER ED SHEERAN FT. CAMILA CABELLO & CARDI B
39 18 STEP INTO CHRISTMAS ELTON JOHN
47 19 MERRY XMAS EVERYBODY SLADE
33 20 SANTA TELL ME ARIANA GRANDE

1 minute ago, Gabe. said:

Amazon is far less popular than Spotify and Apple Music in the UK so something really doesn't add up here.

Oh, They have gone all Tidal, have they... gag1

2 minutes ago, ajp said:

Oh, They have gone all Tidal, have they... gag1

i guess... it's what i've read on a few other places and it does make sense. the video doesn't even have 1 million views on youtube despite being there for 5 days now, it doesn't make sense the song is this big. we'll find out about it eventually...

She really thought she was gonna get a #1 with an Amazon exclusive? gag1

Well, I decided to check my facts before I posted the above, and I am SHOOK that she did. Mariah who?

dead2 this is maybe the most random stuff to happen this decade chart wise. i mean at least with All I Want for Christmas... we knew beforehand it had a great chance to hit #1 so while it's definitely well earned it's not as surprising as an Amazon exclusive single hitting #1 in one of the biggest music markets.

11 hours ago, Gabe. said:

dead2 this is maybe the most random stuff to happen this decade chart wise. i mean at least with All I Want for Christmas... we knew beforehand it had a great chance to hit #1 so while it's definitely well earned it's not as surprising as an Amazon exclusive single hitting #1 in one of the biggest music markets.

Ready for her next hit to be a Deezer exclusive demi1

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.