Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Darth Sidious

Early predictions put AIWFCIY at #1 on the BBH100 next week.

No photo description available.

Barring a major death, or an otherwise jarring surprise to the Hot 100, it appears that Mariah Carey is set to log a history making 19th #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 next week. 

Her timeless classic is one of the only modern additions to the classic holiday canon, and is among one of the most successful songs in the history of recorded music. Since the dawn of the streaming era, All I Want For Christmas Is You has made a habit of making an annual return to the Hot 100, and for the last three years has proceeded to top each successive year. When it peaked at #3 on the Hot 100 last year, speculation ran amuck over whether or not this year would be the year that the song crowned the chart and joined Mariah's expansive list of 18 Billboard Hot 100 #1 hits. As it happened, the song has matched it's peak from last year, and is set to sit atop the chart. 

With two weeks left in what is considered the holiday tracking season, and given the fact that All I Want For Christmas Is You has vaulted 11-1 on the Dec. 14-dated list with 35.1 million U.S. streams earned in the week ending Dec. 5 (earliest the song has ever reached No. 1 on Streaming Songs and the first time a holiday title has done so before the season is actually over), there is nothing in sight that can stop it. 

Its parent album, Merry Christmas, which is sitting at #9 on the Billboard 200, will likely vault into the Top 5 of that chart, and possibly hit the #1 spot. 

It will be a record breaking achievement for Mariah, with her breaking Elvis Presley's record for the most cumulative weeks at #1 on the Hot 100 Chart , and will make her second only The Beatles in Hot 100 #1 hits overall. It'll also put Mariah in a rare class of artists to take a past single to #1, and quite possibly the only living one to do so. 

Source

2 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

i'm excited for it honestly! i'd love to see it at #1 until Christmas/after Christmas.

Pc1Lf49.gif

Given that there's two or three more weeks left in the holiday tracking season, I don't see much coming that could dislodge it. 

It's probably going to top itself for the biggest drop from #1 also, but that's neither here nor there, the point is that it happened, finally. 

8 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Next year we have to get Oh Santa! to #1 sksjsksjsksk. Just joking. 

Should've been a hit. It's generic af but I can listen to this song more than AIWFCIY at times rip2

Hope she goes #1 next week! giveup1 

2 hours ago, Royale said:

Should've been a hit. It's generic af but I can listen to this song more than AIWFCIY at times rip2

Hope she goes #1 next week! giveup1 

I'm sorry but "I Saw them shopping last week, and his new girl was so bleak" is iconic and for that line alone it deserves to go #1.  moo11

That said I'm not too sure "So you can scoop him up, and scoop him right down my chimney" is appropriate for kids to be singing. rip2

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.