Divine

Harry Styles addresses rumors regarding his sexuality

There’s a popular perception, I say, that you don’t define as straight. The lyrics to your songs, the clothes you choose to wear, even the sleeve of your new record – all of these things get picked apart for clues that you’re bisexual. Has anyone ever asked you though?

“Um. I guess I haaaaave been asked? But, I dunno. Why?”

You mean, why ask the question?

“Yeah, I think I do mean that. It’s not like I’m sitting on an answer, and protecting it, and holding it back. It’s not a case of: I’m not telling you cos I don’t want to tell you. It’s not: ooh this is mine and it’s not yours.”

What is it then?

“It’s: who cares? Does that make sense? It’s just: who cares?”

I suppose my only question, then, is about the stuff that looks like clue dropping. Because if you don’t want people to care, why hint? Take the album sleeve for Fine Line. With its horizontal pink and blue stripes, a splash of magenta, the design seems to gesture at the trans and bisexual pride flags. Which is great – unless the person behind it happens to be a straight dude, sprinkling LGBTQ crumbs that lead nowhere. Does that make sense?

Styles nods. “Am I sprinkling in nuggets of sexual ambiguity to try and be more interesting? No.” As for the rest, he says, “in terms of how I wanna dress, and what the album sleeve’s gonna be, I tend to make decisions in terms of collaborators I want to work with. I want things to look a certain way. Not because it makes me look gay, or it makes me look straight, or it makes me look bisexual, but because I think it looks cool. And more than that, I dunno, I just think sexuality’s something that’s fun. Honestly? I can’t say I’ve given it any more thought than that.”

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/dec/14/harry-styles-sexual-ambiguity-dating-normals-rocking-a-dress

2 minutes ago, Divine said:

I just think sexuality’s something that’s fun. Honestly? I can’t say I’ve given it any more thought than that.

Sir there are people being killed for their sexuality. It’s not a game of dress up and make believe. This is messy. orangu1 

I think he should just come off and say his sexuality, its literally much easier than leaving people wondering. Especially since people will probably think he's queer baiting which I think is happening too, since its not his first time refusing to properly the answer the question. Granted, he doesn't HAVE too. But IMO it'll be easier to just come out and admit what he truly, even if hes just a feminine straight who's comfortable in his own body. It'll get annoying and played out soon enough. 

He's doing that way of being "flexible" and being able to appeal to both crowds. The straights for never confirming his sexuality and if it gets too troubling, he can just say "I never said I was gay, what?", while still being accepted by people on the LGBT+ side of things by being supportive, feminine and having the rumors of bisexuality behind him. I'm not a fan of him calling this fun. As already stated, people get killed over this everyday and it's not fair. He's in a spot of privilege that people would honestly kill for and it just feels like he's pushing that aside like everyone else is perfectly fine or something.

Agree completely with @Divine. These privileged white boys who think sexuality is all "fun" and games, and use the LGBTQ community just to pander to us for their personal gain... It's just...

Celebrity-Big-Brother--Tiffany.jpg

If he's really bisexual, he just needs to admit it instead of continuing to drop vague hints and brush off every question about it.

1 hour ago, Divine said:

“It’s: who cares? Does that make sense? It’s just: who cares?”

Maybe gay/bisexual kids and youths (especially male-identifying) who want more types of open representation to look up to and admire? Lots of people care. 

Honestly if he doesn't want to talk about it or wants to keep it private then that's the answer. And that's a respectable answer. "Who cares" is a cop-out answer. If you're bisexual or fluid, just come out and fucking say it. If you're straight but just like expressing yourself in ways that isn't "heteronormative" – that's great, too! That's actually good for young straight men to see, too. But just be forward about it. I get the frustration about people assuming things based on your looks, but it is really that difficult for you to wrap your mind around why this is important for people? 

I think him giving this vague ass answers is telling us that all of THIS is queer-baiting. The gays will eat him up and you know that girls love a male that doesn't possess toxic masculinity traits (that's why Liam has little to no fans left). The issue is that nowadays people are still getting killed for their sexuality as you guys said, so I find that "who cares?" answer more like a sign of his privilege than a sign of sexual liberation.

aura1