Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Darth Sidious

BPI certifies AIWFCIY as x4 Platinum in the UK; in the running to hit #1 on the OCC.

Related image

While the record success of All I Want For Christmas Is You in the United States this year cannot be understated, the success that the song is experiencing in the UK is nothing to scoff at either. First, the BPI has awarded Mariah's perennial classic with its 4th Platinum Certification with sales exceeding 2.4 million copies. By the end of the season, it will dethrone Adele's Someone Like You as the biggest selling single by a female artist in the history of the British Music Industry, as of now, it matches Someone Like You with its certified 2.4 Million in sales. 

The second big news is that the song is in position to take a run at #1 on the British Chart. It is the UK's most streamed track of the week so far, riding high in sixth place after two days. Could it climb even higher before the week is out? If so, Mariah is poised to crown the Billboard Hot 100 at #1 and the OCC at #1 for the first time in many years. 

Source

24 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

I wouldn't get your hopes too high about it hitting #1 in the UK as it's normally some cringy internet meme that manages to do it. But it would be great if she did. 

Well. It's already coming for the title of highest selling female single ever in the UK. So she has won either way. moo6

55 minutes ago, light741 said:

Well. It's already coming for the title of highest selling female single ever in the UK. So she has won either way. moo6

If it did go to number 1 i think it would be the first time since 1995 that a Non-UK Solo Artist scored the position of "Christmas Number 1"

1 hour ago, I Brings That Levity said:

If it did go to number 1 i think it would be the first time since 1995 that a Non-UK Solo Artist scored the position of "Christmas Number 1"

Only reason I even mentioned it is because the OCC claims that she’s in the running for it. I don’t know what’s going in n over there. 

1 hour ago, Darth Sidious said:

Only reason I even mentioned it is because the OCC claims that she’s in the running for it. I don’t know what’s going in n over there. 

I had a look and it's projected to only get to #6, however it is the most streamed song. That rancid song from last year is set to get the #1 again sadly. 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.