Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

G like MC

Mariah got a #1 in 2019. When was the last time Madonna got one?

Mariah slay a bit Christmas Queen forever cemented as an icon. This song will be played into oblivion for as long as us girls are living and beyond cry1 

Anyone pressed at this achievement should ask themselves: if my fave had hit #1 25 years after a Christmas Classic was released, would I be downplaying or celebrating the success? brit10 

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Mariah slay a bit Christmas Queen forever cemented as an icon. This song will be played into oblivion for as long as us girls are living and beyond cry1 

Anyone pressed at this achievement should ask themselves: if my fave had hit #1 25 years after a Christmas Classic was released, would I be downplaying or celebrating the success? brit10 

Of course celebrating. carla1 But I'd recognize that that's not a solid enough argument to downplay bigger artists ('cause this argument literally works on every artist vs. Mariah sans the other few who have xmas classics), let alone make her seem more relevant than the woman who's last album sold x3 more than hers (legit like x8 more in Europe) + grosses x10 as much on her concerts. Simple. bey4

55 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Of course celebrating. carla1 But I'd recognize that that's not a solid enough argument to downplay bigger artists ('cause this argument literally works on every artist vs. Mariah sans the other few who have xmas classics), let alone make her seem more relevant than the woman who's last album sold x3 more than hers (legit like x8 more in Europe) + grosses x10 as much on her concerts. Simple. bey4

That sadly happens all the time and to pretty much anybody. Mariah suffers from that too. There are fans of artists that come for her, even though she has bigger career stats than those artists.

3 hours ago, Princess Aurora said:

I'm a huge Mariah fan but this is false. She heavily promoted the single and the GP loves it so she did try and got what she wanted :) 

This tea. I LOVE the song so much and I may have overplayed it myself everyday but they really promoted it heavily. They released vinyl singles, cassettes and even released signed CD singles last week giveup3

But congrats queen!! Can't wait to play nothing but this today! giveup3

4 hours ago, Jjang said:

She will also experience the biggest BB top 100 drop of all time nicki4

i think that happens every year post-Xmas so she must be used to it by now. dead2

regardless, AWIFCIY is iconic and rightfully deserves its #1. should have been sooner!

3 hours ago, Régine Filange said:

Her first and only #1 that will be remembered, whew. Anyways, it finally reach #1, hope they will stop overplay it now, i'll not be shocked even if Mariah herself stops performing it from next year.

bey7

That's not true though.

4 hours ago, Régine Filange said:

Her first and only #1 that will be remembered, whew. Anyways, it finally reach #1, hope they will stop overplay it now, i'll not be shocked even if Mariah herself stops performing it from next year.

bey7

Okay I've been a Madonna fan for over a decade and I see what you're trying to do here because M stans try to make this argument constantly...but many of Mariah's #1s are memorable songs. We Belong Together is still popular to this day. At my prom it was a song everyone knew the words to, it gets good radio airplay. Vision of Love and Emotions are both iconic and some of the most instantly recognizable songs of the 90s. One Sweet Day stays in the conversation because of it's impressive record. 

I don't really like Mariah either but don't try and discredit her with a blatantly false statement just to back M up. anna1 it's shit like that that makes our stanbase so hated 

1 minute ago, Miss Show Business said:

I'm not sitting alone. There are a handful of users here who don't have to put down one woman's career to hype up their faves. I just let both of their career accomplishments speak for themselves. moo5mad3

I meant sitting alone without a date

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.