Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

G like MC

Artists who hide behind production

6 hours ago, G like MC said:

You have the least talented Disney princess in your avi and you telling me you can't take me seriously?

Excuse me nolol3. She's one of the best vocally, what you said is really the nail in the coffin. I can't take seriously at all now

Perfect> Very good> good> ok> bad> very bad> Horrid

Dua Lipa ------------- Very Bad Singer/Horrid Performer

Madonna -----------Good Singer/Perfect Performer

Lady Gaga ------------Very good Singer/Bad Performer

Mariah Carey ----------Perfect Singer/ She just sings.

Taylor Swift ------------Bad Singer/ Ok Performer

Rihanna -----------------Good Singer / Ok performer

Britney Spears ------Horrid Singer/Used to be a perfect performer

Beyonce ----------------Perfect Singer/Very Good Performer

16 minutes ago, Adriano said:

That's a stretch. I'd say very good at best. Otherwise, agreed.

5 hours ago, The Sorcerer said:

yeah, i find mariah a step higher than bey at singing

Not in a hundred years. Mariah's voice already started fading in the late 90s and it has gone downhill from there. Nowadays, she's relying on a heavy backing track or pre-recorded vocals while doing the bare minimum in terms of performance.

Beyoncé can outsing and outperform her at the same time. Do you know how hard it is to sing and dance/perform at the same time and still sounding good?

Just now, Madonna said:

Not in a hundred years. Mariah's voice already started fading in the late 90s and it has gone downhill from there. Nowadays, she's relying on a heavy backing track or pre-recorded vocals while doing the bare minimum in terms of performance.

Beyoncé can outsing and outperform her at the same time. Do you know how hard it is to sing and dance/perform at the same time and still sounding good?

Mariah has a problem with her throat or smfg like that, doesn't She? It's actually sad to see her disappointment with it nowadays.

As of what I said, I'm actually not sure, you may be right. Bey has a stronger voice and stage presence. Mariah just sings.

Most pop stars wouldn't have a career if it weren't for their sound engineers. More than 90% of today's pop stars wouldn't get a record deal in the days of, say, Aretha Franklin or Tom Jones or Engelbert Humperdinck.

6 hours ago, The Sorcerer said:

I'd pretty much agree with this, albeit i'd put Madonna and Taylor under ok vocally both have good moments but neither have been consistent or do much that's impressive - vocally i rate Rihanna higher. Britney had potential when she was a kid but ruined it. 

33 minutes ago, The Sorcerer said:

Mariah has a problem with her throat or smfg like that, doesn't She? It's actually sad to see her disappointment with it nowadays.

As of what I said, I'm actually not sure, you may be right. Bey has a stronger voice and stage presence. Mariah just sings.

Mariah has well documented issues, but they're not her fault. In terms of singing technique she's near flawless, she can do everything. Also her decline is very over exaggerated by certain members who unfortunately seem to all be fellow Fossils. A shame really, you'd think in this day and age people would've be such petty cunts and just appreciate both the legends. 

40 minutes ago, Madonna said:

I'm not going to argue that Mariah's voice has declined as it's a fact, but we all know you love exaggerate the truth. The only really bad period Mariah's ever had vocally was during the promo for Rainbow and 2007/8. 

It's funny that you give her such a hard time when 1/3 - 1/2 your faves struggle staying on key even on their best day. 

1 hour ago, Winnie. said:

The videos posted above seem to support my claim gag1

Your premise is that if she performed without elaborate production/props no one would give a fuck but she has like three concert tours that were pretty much a one woman show, and they were massive and highly acclaimed so what's the truth? bey4

1 hour ago, Jjang said:

Your premise is that if she performed without elaborate production/props no one would give a fuck but she has like three concert tours that were pretty much a one woman show, and they were massive and highly acclaimed so what's the truth? bey4

Um hun if you buy a ticket, you're going to attend. 

And we all know critics eat madonna's ass hole, the videos posted above demonstrated nothing accept below average vocals, lack of breath support and mediocre stage presence.

The only reason she was given that leniency is because of her past. Let her have debuted in 1980 with only a few background musicians and a banjo.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.